The Summer Transfer Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping QPR go up just because they'll have the funds to actually make a go of it in the Prem. If the gulf between PL clubs and Championship clubs is widening as much financially as is thought, I'd rather a team with the means to stay up makes it. Now that Bristol City have blown their chance, anyway :(

QPR's financial windfall brought much joy to me - if only because my QPR-supporting uncle has been all bitter, sarcastic and scathing about Chelsea's riches for years now. Shoe's on the other foot, eh. :shifty:

Emile Mpenza will be an Ipswich player sometime next week, his agent has said the offer from Ipswich is a very good one and he's interested in the move, despite interest from Bolton and Reading.

I'm quite happy about that, pretty good signing if it turns out to be true, his agent has been in Town but the player hasn't. I really think he could be rather successful in the Championship, fingers crossed he signs.

Ipswich and Coventry have also been linked with Dean Leacock.

Spanish papers are suggesting Ronaldo is on the verge of handing in a transfer request, this story seems to change directions every day, he stays, now he goes, tomorrow he'll more then likely sign a new contract.

Mourinho will raid Chelsea for Lampard, Drogba and Carvalho when announced as Inter boss later this week.

Samir Nasri signs for Arsenal for 12.5 mill.

Aston Villa will attempt an 8 mill bid for Joe Hart.

Hull make signing of Craig Fagan permenant, 750k.

I don't see Villa paying £8m for Joe Hart. Didn't Liverpool drop Carson's valuation to £6-8m? Why would they pay that much for Hart when they could get Carson permanently? I think a £5m move for Paul Robinson as has been rumoured is more likely than that.

Ooijer wants out despite signing a new deal in January. Would be a blow to lose an experinced and very capable defender like him but I can see why he wants to go and get regular first team football instead of being an under-study. Missing out on Europe might be a factor too. :(

I don't see Villa paying £8m for Joe Hart. Didn't Liverpool drop Carson's valuation to £6-8m? Why would they pay that much for Hart when they could get Carson permanently? I think a £5m move for Paul Robinson as has been rumoured is more likely than that.

Wouldn't pay more than 3m for Carson. I actually like the guy, but he gets so much stick and maybe for the right reasons.

I'd take Robinson for 5m, before any of them.

Altidore to Villarreal

It has been a while coming since he was connected to multiple teams last transfer window. Glad to see him go over since it will help him gain experience for the U.S. National team since even if he doesnt get alot of playing time right away I feel that he will gain more then what he would have from the MLS. I also pretty sure he has the highest transfer fee for an American player ever coming in at $8 million.