The Summer Transfer Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is, why havent Spurs given him permission to speak to them yet?

Im just confused now. And a bit disappointed that the Rovers have signed nobody. I was holding out for another striker to come in, and for Heffernan to leave.

They obviously have, that, or Man United are seriously gonna be in the shit with the FA.

2104: This won't surprise you in the least, but I'm getting wind of an enormous bust-up over the signing of Tottenham's Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov. It probably revolves around Manchester United taking him though a medical, even though Spurs haven't allowed United to speak to him yet. This one is about to get brutal.

Edited by cmb211087

I'll say again...

I'd be very surprised if Ferguson has taken Berbatov for a medical and began discussing terms without Spurs' permission to do so. If he was going to do that, 1) It wouldn't have happened on deadline day, and 2) I don't think he would've been taken to Carrington, where the media were probably waiting by 7 this morning for Berbatov to arrive.

Not Premier League or breaking news but still interesting while we wait for the big news...

"Chievo Verona have pulled off a huge coup by landing Brazilian sensation Kerlon. "

"Nikola Zigic has shunned a transfer to England and completed a loan move back to Racing Santander. "

Both SSN. Zigic was wanted by six English teams apparently.

Guest Some Daft Punk

Another deal gone through:

2154: ANOTHER REAL-LIFE PREMIER LEAGUE SIGNING

Carlo Nash has left Wigan Athletic to sign for Everton. Now I don't mean to be rude, but I'm guessing he's not the signing Toffees fans were hoping for?

Another deal gone through:

2154: ANOTHER REAL-LIFE PREMIER LEAGUE SIGNING

Carlo Nash has left Wigan Athletic to sign for Everton. Now I don't mean to be rude, but I'm guessing he's not the signing Toffees fans were hoping for?

Nash is mint. Went to the same school as him.

I for one welcome our new Manchester City overlords.

Regards

Gary Priest

On behalf of Manchester City XIV (formerly Newcastle United)

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/09/..._owners_pu.html

Good article from The Times about the Man City takeover. Essentially what they're saying is that they want Manchester City to be a major flagship of the Abu Dhabi 'brand'. And from Liverpool's point of view, it could be the move that pushes Dubai's efforts to buy Liverpool into overdrive - and if not Liverpool then I wouldn't be surprised to see a Dubai-based team purchase a Premiership team.