The Summer Transfer Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Torres, Deco, Ballack etc aren't or weren't big names?

I'll give you Torres but the other two didn't arrive with huge transfer fees.

So, it's more of an issue of the cost of a player rather than his status in world football for you?

When they first announced that, the first thing I thought was "didn't he do that Thong Song?". Maybe he can wear one underneath his shorts as a goal celebration. :shifty:

That's him.

Thong thong thong thong thong.

He was also 'the singy one' on Wild Wild West by Will Smith. Wicky wah, wicky wicky Wild Wild West. I may have to have his name on the back of my third shirt now...

So, it's more of an issue of the cost of a player rather than his status in world football for you?

No if you read my original post, I merely asked if any City fans were worried about the amount of money being paid for Robinho, even though he has no experience of the English Game and I was remembering Sheva's fee along with his forgettable time at Chelsea.

Edited by -Matty

No if you read my original post, I merely asked if any City fans were worried about the amount of money being paid for Robinho, even though he has no experience of the English Game and I was remembering Sheva's fee along with his forgettable time at Chelsea.

Nah we have 70mil+ if he turns out to be shit.

And Kou, that is why I'm so fucking glad I bought a kit last year instead of this year.

And Kou, that is why I'm so fucking glad I bought a kit last year instead of this year.

Because last year's kit has the smell of young Thai boys on it? Or when they were trying to buy everyone under the sun with said Thai's money instead of Dubai guy's money?

I think Russo booked this years transfer window.

If Russo had of booked it, Robinho will play for Man City for 70 minutes, then suddenly take the ball, dribble back towards the City goal and whack in an O.G.

Then he'll take off his City shirt to reveal a Chelsea one underneath. :shifty:

I think Russo booked this years transfer window.

If Russo had of booked it, Robinho will play for Man City for 70 minutes, then suddenly take the ball, dribble back towards the City goal and whack in an O.G.

Then he'll take off his City shirt to reveal a Chelsea one underneath. :shifty:

Don't say that, we play them next. Now I'm scared.

Is it me or is this the craziest summer transfer period for a long time. Every squad seems to be utterly different (except Arsenal), especially outside of the top four.

I'm just glad we didn't end up with Heskey.

So long to Berbatov but warnings to Man Utd - his agent is a stirring arsehole.