Shows you're watching right now

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mr. Potato Head

No, it's not. It's regularly one of the ten most-watched shows in Canada, and you're the first American who has watched it for a reason other than I told them to.

So you're good. :D

Kyle XY started up in Australia and it has gotten NO love from any of my friends except one who has watched all the episodes on the internet so I can't even talk to him about it because he wil always put in some smartass remark that could ruin the rest of the season for me.

Bastard

NCIS.

I love it and we're getting a new episode of series 3 every night right now. I just love how it's got a sense of humour, is a bit stupid and doesn't string out bad situations into three week specials like other series do - horrible stuff happens, everyone goes around working, laughing and joking and everything is sorted out by the end of the episode.

Excellent.

KNTV. "Educational" show pieced together with ropey animation, archive home video footage, and a tenuous plotline involving a fictional Eastern European Communist state, always ending with a punk-y song. KNTV Philosophy was the best, each episode would be dedicated to one philosopher or scientist, and would end with a song about them - "He wrestled with problems, he wrestled with men, he wrote about the best form of government - PLATO PLATO!"

Normally I'd immediately say The Wire, but there are plenty of people online that like it and I solved the RL problem by buying 5 copies of the 1st season last year as Christmas presents. I've been quite enjoying Mad Men, but I've only seen the first 3-4 episodes and it's been a bit too close to 'That 50s show' than I'd like (I know it's set in 1960 ... still.) Quite a lot of emphasis is put on 'My God ... they're all smoking everywhere/drinking at work/harassing the women/unable to divorce!' I'm sure the actual storyline'll kick in and the clumsy 50s references will drop off.

The Sarah Silverman programme on Paramount. I have no real idea how old they are or how many series' have been made. I've watched 3 episodes of it so far, and really like it.

For me, it's not a comedy that has you laughing from beginning to end, but it just does enough throughout to keep you watching. The stories in each episode are decent too, so that helps.

And I've liked Sarah Silverman ever since I saw her on 8 out of 10 Cats.

L&O: SVU

House

that is all.

I'm pretty sure lots of people are watching both of those. >_>

For me it seems like Chuck. Or at least, I'm the only person that discusses the episodes in the Chuck thread. :(

And I've liked Sarah Silverman ever since I saw her on 8 out of 10 Cats.

You're liked her 'ever since' last week? Or has she been on it before?

No, last week. :shifty:

After seeing her on 8/10 and she mentioned her programme, I stumbled upon it on Paramount when watching South Park, so set the recorder for it.

KNTV. "Educational" show pieced together with ropey animation, archive home video footage, and a tenuous plotline involving a fictional Eastern European Communist state, always ending with a punk-y song. KNTV Philosophy was the best, each episode would be dedicated to one philosopher or scientist, and would end with a song about them - "He wrestled with problems, he wrestled with men, he wrote about the best form of government - PLATO PLATO!"

I legitimately thought I'd dreamt that this morning.

Best morning TV ever. So very fucking weird.

Pushing Daisies

Sanctuary

True Blood

The Tudors (whenever that comes back on)

There's also a lot of cool shows that randomly come on SciFi (mini-marathons on weekdays): Wolf Lake, The Sentinel, The Pretender, John Doe...

You might be one of the few still watching PD. Watch as that show dies a horrible death this season.

I have Sanctuary on DVR but have yet to watch it. Is it good?

True Blood is a fantastic show. I am a few weeks behind, but I love it. So very odd, but so very engrossing.

The Tudors comes back in January according to a commercial I saw on Showtime.

I loved John Doe when it was on originally, right after Firefly on Fox. I was quite disappointed when it was cancelled, and even more disappointed when I read a chat with the creators who talked about what would have happened.

L&O: SVU

House

that is all.

I'm pretty sure lots of people are watching both of those. >_>

For me it seems like Chuck. Or at least, I'm the only person that discusses the episodes in the Chuck thread. :(

In my experience, it's Criminal Intent that most people watch ...

also, House is a show that many people around here have moved on from and I am literally just getting into

I have a fair few TV shows that I :wub: that no-one else seems to on EWB.

House MD

The Mentalist (Dammit, ripoff or not, its still a bloody brilliant show :angry:)

Two and a Half Men

NCIS

CSI (All Three)

I also saw an episode of Burn Notice the other night, and I wanna watch more now :(