Official EURO 2008 Thread

alldaws1

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan Babel's going to miss the whole tournament with torn ankle ligaments. Big blow for the Dutch, or one they can recover from? They seem to have a few decent players in the wide areas.

Meh, he never starts for Holland. If anything, we lost a player that has been performing quite well lately as a sub.

Nistelrooy is still playing? I thought he retired internationally after the last World Cup?

Doesn't look bad at all then, tipping Holland and Italy to get out of the group.

Van Basten, like he did with Van Bommel, got into an argument with Van Nistelrooy. It didn't help either that Huntelaar scored 2 goals (should've been 3 goals but one was rejected unfairly if I recall correctly) in his debut match against Ireland. So for almost a year Holland played without Van Nistelrooy, but eventually Van Basten and Ruud got together and reconciled; apparentely they get along fine now and Van the Man has been starting every match now if he's available (although Huntelaar keeps scoring). So Ruud never quit, he just refused to play under Van Basten for a while, same as with Van Bommel (who still doesn't want to play for ol' Marco).

edit: Holland is playing Wales in 20 minutes or so.

edit edit: Holland 2 - 0 Wales.

Edited by Lt. Quasi

Shame that Cannavaro will miss the tournament, now that's going to be a significant blow. Patrick Vieira may also miss out, he's definitely out for the Romania match but Domenech has until Sunday to decide whether to take him out of the squad altogether (his replacement will be Flamini if he does).

Edited by AD

Shame that Cannavaro will miss the tournament, now that's going to be a significant blow. Patrick Vieira may also miss out, he's definitely out for the Romania match but Domenech has until Sunday to decide whether to take him out of the squad altogether (his replacement will be Flamini if he does).

Yeah, Flamini is more than capable replacement.

When I read about Cannavaro, I couldn't help but laugh inside, I'm sorry :pervert:

So a top player gone for Holland, France and Italy. All we need is a pre-tournament Romania injury and we can say bingo >_>

Who? Babel? :shifty: Seems the Brits assume Babel is important for Holland, even BBC, it's not true. Also, I think Romania already lost like two players, but I know too little about the Romanian team to know if they were important.

All Romania need to do is draw with two of the three teams and the group will become way too open.

For France's liking.

Edited by nabeel

So a top player gone for Holland, France and Italy. All we need is a pre-tournament Romania injury and we can say bingo >_>

According to the Racing Post from a few days ago, Romania are missing several key players through injury.

They were getting injuries before getting injuries was cool.

Who? Babel? :shifty: Seems the Brits assume Babel is important for Holland, even BBC, it's not true. Also, I think Romania already lost like two players, but I know too little about the Romanian team to know if they were important.

Wait, you mean a player that plays in the PREMIER LEAGUE isn't the most important player to have ever played for his country ever? Get out, I don't believe you.

For anyone that has an hour to kill, watch this. Gazza's goal against Scotland, 4-1 against Holland (meaning Scotland didn't go through with us), a win in a penalty shootout before Southgate's penalty miss. If only Gazza was an inch or so taller :(

The first tournament I was old enough to really get into.

Edited by therockbox