EWB's Top Fif -- er, Thirty-Three Influential Artists: THE RESULTS

GoGo Yubari

That's right, that's right, Benji... kind of forgot about this and so I'm handling results for him. Right, so.

First question you're going to ask is "hey GoGo I thought this was supposed to be the top FIFTY?" Well. There were a good deal of votes, but a mix of a lack of voting diversity and a lot of artists getting multiple mentions at the BOTTOM of lists, meaning they didn't have enough votes to overcome nominations made by only one person at, say, second place, after the thirty-three mark, and from that point on it became an ungodly mess of ties anyway. So I'm just condensing it so it goes by nice and easy. Be glad you're getting a list at all, you damn kids.

So! The other thing I'd like to say is that debate, arguments, pointless bickering over the results? Is fine. Go for it. That's what makes this shit fun to post, otherwise I'd just sort of copy and paste my WordPad file. However, if you start doing shit like directly insulting people for who they voted in this thread or that completely played out, lame, bullshit "how dare you dislike this band I like YOU'RE ALL ELITISTS FUCK YOU GUYS" card, expect to get warned or something maybe. I've got a Scotsman and his Nazi Robots waiting in the wings to enforce this, don't fuck with me.

So! Let's begin with a bit of pre-game, and have a montage of The Girls That Didn't Win. Ready? Go.

A SAMPLING OF SOME OF THE ARTISTS THAT DID NOT MAKE THE FINAL LIST (despite multiple nominations):

Leadbelly

Frank Zappa

Run DMC

Public Enemy

Prince

The Kinks

The Who

Frank Sinatra (no, DMN, apparently you weren't the only one who voted for him. And I should have too. Damn it, me)

Beastie Boys

Venom

AC/DC

Miles Davis

Breaks your heart, doesn't it. The artists that finished 33 to 30 coming... probably later tonight! Be thrilled.

Edited by GoGo Yubari

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leadbelly, Zappa, Public Enemy, Prince, Miles Davis and to a lesser extent Venom not making it certainly make my heart do a cry, although I suppose in the cases of Leadbelly, Venom, Public Enemy and Miles Davis their influence is in fairly specific areas, so wouldn't be so likely to be felt across the board....but still, Public fucking Enemy. Prince is inexcusable, though, as to a lesser extent is Frank Zappa, although sadly he tends to be remembered for the worst of what he did, or to be remembered conceptually as "token experimental musician" rather than being acknowledged for his better material. No Public Enemy? No Prince? What's wrong with you people?

....I don't think I voted for either of them, but still.

Zappa is only remembered for naming his daughter Moon Unit. He's influential in celebrities naming their children stupid names.

... all you, Skummy. Have at it.

Also, list delayed until one of the admins can explain why the option to turn HTML on or off does not seem to be present in the music board.

Is HTML allowed *anywhere* on the board anymore?

Pretty much on every section I go to I have the option to turn HTML on or off except here, last I checked.

EDIT: Wait no, not the Game Cube either.

Edited by GoGo Yubari

Ironically enough, I've a feeling it was turned off to stop people plaster youtube videos everywhere, thus making threads take forever to load.

Ironically enough, I've a feeling it was turned off to stop people plaster youtube videos everywhere, thus making threads take forever to load.

Dammit, that is epic lame. Well. Um. OKAY THEN I'm still not all psyched over this or the fact that the admins never replied to me even to go "yeah we're not doing it" but. God this is so less cool than what I had initially planned (and shut up Benji it would have been cool). Okay, so if you click on the picture of the musical artist, you'll be linked to a video of that artist doing something. Perhaps it's a music video, perhaps it's a live performance, perhaps it's something completely random and bizarre that I put in for hilarity's sake. Long story short is there are video links and you should click on them come on guys I put work into this :(

So that'll all be starting in spots 33 to 31, which start riiiiight... now.

33. The Pixies (10 points)

32. Robert Johnson (10.5 points)

grandmaster_flash_the_furious_five_.jpg

31. Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five (11 points)

NEXT UP: 30 to 26! No hints. Hints suck.

Boy, the hot-blooded intensity of the reactions thusfar.

30. Sister Rosetta Tharpe (12 points)

REM.jpg

29. REM (13 points, appeared on two ballots)

michaeljackson.jpg

28. Michael Jackson (13 points, appeared on three ballots)

You are about to witness the strength of street knowledge; 26. N.W.A. (13 points, appeared on four ballots)

hendrix.png

26. Jimi Hendrix (13 points, appeared on four ballots)