Opinionated Compilation Of 100 Bands

Jook

I love Bjork. If anything I think she should be higher. Out of those six you said AS, none of them would've made my personal 100.

59-Van Halen

69- AC/DC

48- Black Sabbath

64- Beastie Boys

Maybe not The Pouges or HIM, but seriously. They should be at least in the top thirty, twenty hands down. The bands in front of them, Bjork, QOTSA, The White Stripes havn't been around long enough to be in a list like this. (Well, the way it was announced and voted on)

That's the problem with this, current badns will be voted on over the REAL legends. I'm a fan of blink-182, The Early November, Senses Fail, Alkaline Trio etc. ahead of all these other bands, but at least I have the sense to know they don't neccesairly belong in the top 100 bands of all time listings. Blink's fine where it is maybe, but still.... meh.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bjork, the White Stripes and without a doubt QOTSA are good enough to be on this list. If I'd had my way I would have put QOTSA at 5+ due to the fact I love all of their albums and classify Rated R as the best album I have ever bought. Apple Shampoo it would be an idea to stop pushing your own personal views so much, not everyone would agree with my views, not everyone agrees with Jook and all the forums that were pulled together for this list. But hell why does that mean we should all agree with you? A single person...

Please for your own respect levels (getting lower by the second) keep your opinons to yourself and sit back and see how this unfolds because I am intrigued where certain bands will come in with the views of a group of people.

I love Bjork. If anything I think she should be higher. Out of those six you said AS, none of them would've made my personal 100.

59-Van Halen

69- AC/DC

48- Black Sabbath

64- Beastie Boys

Maybe not The Pouges or HIM, but seriously. They should be at least in the top thirty, twenty hands down. The bands in front of them, Bjork, QOTSA, The White Stripes havn't been around long enough to be in a list like this. (Well, the way it was announced and voted on)

That's the problem with this, current badns will be voted on over the REAL legends. I'm a fan of blink-182, The Early November, Senses Fail, Alkaline Trio etc. ahead of all these other bands, but at least I have the sense to know they don't neccesairly belong in the top 100 bands of all time listings. Blink's fine where it is maybe, but still.... meh.

Everyone in this thread is basically saying that, but for some reason, I just want to bash your face in with a Remote Control.

59-Van Halen

69- AC/DC

48- Black Sabbath

64- Beastie Boys

Everyone in this thread is basically saying that, but for some reason, I just want to bash your face in with a Remote Control.

:lol::lol::lol:

I thought we stopped moaning at this list a few pages back? Well I was never moaning :shifty:

Also Apple guy, it has nothing to do with being around long. You could get a band that has been around for 3 years and has been more successful than a band that has been around for 40 years. Oasis haven't been around really that long, yet they are easily one of the best bands off all time(Obviously not the best, but there certainly in this top 50 list).

If a band has been around twenty years, as opposed to one, it shows their music is timeless and they can evolve and stay with the times.

The reason I'd place someone like the Pogues ahead of bands like Billy Talent is because twenty years from now people will listen to the Pogues. They won't listen to Billy Talent. They are flavor of the month; The Pogues have proved to be timeless classics.

For example, three years ago I listened to the Ramones and Good Charlotte. Now I listen to the Ramones, but I don't like Good Charlotte. The Ramones will always last.

I love a band like Motion City Soundtrack, but next year I won't be listening to them.

Edited by PunkRockPete

Bjork, the White Stripes and without a doubt QOTSA are good enough to be on this list. If I'd had my way I would have put QOTSA at 5+ due to the fact I love all of their albums and classify Rated R as the best album I have ever bought. Apple Shampoo it would be an idea to stop pushing your own personal views so much, not everyone would agree with my views, not everyone agrees with Jook and all the forums that were pulled together for this list. But hell why does that mean we should all agree with you? A single person...

Please for your own respect levels (getting lower by the second) keep your opinons to yourself and sit back and see how this unfolds because I am intrigued where certain bands will come in with the views of a group of people.

Oh for fucks sakes, you're doing the same thing by coming to me and saying that i've gotta listen to everyone. Find the quote where I said that everyone had to agree with me, and i'll justify what you've said. Oh yeah, it's not there. Don't play the "i'm excited to see what will happen" card, because we all know that if QOTSA or Bjork never made it, you'd be doing the same thing. Keep your OWN opinions to yourself if you're going to make ones like that.

Also Apple guy, it has nothing to do with being around long. You could get a band that has been around for 3 years and has been more successful than a band that has been around for 40 years. Oasis haven't been around really that long, yet they are easily one of the best bands off all time(Obviously not the best, but there certainly in this top 50 list).

But i'm saying that the bands that have been along long, and have been timeless deserve it more. White Stripes HAD their time. QOTSA is more of a cult following thing. Bjork, cult thing again. ACDC, Black Sabbath and to a lesser extent, the Beastie Boys and Van Halen were figureheads of a revolution that changed music in some form or another. The Pouges were also over looked in history, in my opinion. And HIM is just a band that I like today, that i'd classify over Bjork.

Apple, I don't want to sound like a dick, but WTF?!? This is a list of people's fav bands. To some people it doesn't matter how long they've been around. Some people will like the White Stripes because of their music, whereas they don't have to like Metallica more just because they've been around longer! ARG! IT'S A VOTED LIST! IF YOU DON'T LIKE HOW PEOPLE VOTED THEN DON'T READ THIS LIST! ARG!

Oh for fucks sakes, you're doing the same thing by coming to me and saying that i've gotta listen to everyone. Find the quote where I said that everyone had to agree with me, and i'll justify what you've said. Oh yeah, it's not there. Don't play the "i'm excited to see what will happen" card, because we all know that if QOTSA or Bjork never made it, you'd be doing the same thing. Keep your OWN opinions to yourself if you're going to make ones like that.

But i'm saying that the bands that have been along long, and have been timeless deserve it more. White Stripes HAD their time. QOTSA is more of a cult following thing. Bjork, cult thing again. ACDC, Black Sabbath and to a lesser extent, the Beastie Boys and Van Halen were figureheads of a revolution that changed music in some form or another. The Pouges were also over looked in history, in my opinion. And HIM is just a band that I like today, that i'd classify over Bjork.

Bjork, QOTSA and the White Stripes have all been around since the mid-90's at least. It's nothing to do with time. And HIM are not over Bjork, not musically. That's not an opinion, that's a fact :P

Guest 12characters

I don't know why people are complaining so much, it is someone's opinion. If it was my list, Pearl Jam would be in the top 10 and Bjork would be nowhere to be found. Even so, some of you guys are taking this list personally!

This list doesn't represent my musical opinion very well, that's all I'll say.

Mmm Bjork.

Groundbreaker. Music maker for over ten years.

Pretty in her own little way.

I think she's great.

*Sexxorises Squancho*

Your sexy model agrees mate, Add N To (X) = too cool for school.

I don't even know half these rock groups anyway.

Meh.

And HIM are not over Bjork, not musically. That's not an opinion, that's a fact :P

No, that's opinion.

And I agree that it's a voted list, compiled by random people, still not THAT many people voted to make it a proper list. I'm not taking the list personally. If half of you would get off your high horses, you'd see that it's my opinion that bands that have been around and have stood the test of time should be ahead of at lest Bjork and the White Stripes.

And HIM are not over Bjork, not musically. That's not an opinion, that's a fact :P

No, that's opinion.

And I agree that it's a voted list, compiled by random people, still not THAT many people voted to make it a proper list. I'm not taking the list personally. If half of you would get off your high horses, you'd see that it's my opinion that bands that have been around and have stood the test of time should be ahead of at lest Bjork and the White Stripes.

No its not opinion when someone is not only more popular but also sells more than someone else. Its like you trying to say Ricky Martin is better than Elvis and Michael Jackson.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

No its not opinion when someone is not only more popular but also sells more than someone else. Its like you trying to say Ricky Martin is better than Elvis and Michael Jackson.

And HIM are not over Bjork, not musically.

That's what he said. Get your facts straight, and then come back to me.

you'd see that it's my opinion that bands that have been around and have stood the test of time should be ahead of at lest Bjork and the White Stripes.

Blah blah blah blah.

And yes, Bjork HAS stood the test of time, her first solo album was in 1993 and she was part of a group before that.

I thank you.

EDIT:

I hope a band that really deserves it is number one too....

Maybe the Fast Food Rockers

or hopefully even Timmy Mallet (it was an itsy bitsy teeny weenie yellow polka dot bikini)

Do it Jooky baby. YOU HAVE THE POWER!

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster