Opinionated Compilation Of 100 Bands

Jook

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is all opinion and everything, but come on. You open yourself up to criticism when you make it such a subjective term like "Best Band Ever". And to even say that a band like Billy Talent with one LP released to be the best band ever is absurd. The Sex Pistols are good and all, but they should never be considered the greatest band ever because they never showed anyone besides twelve tracks that very well could have been the only twelve songs that were any good. That'd be like me hitting a home room on my debut from MLB, retiring and than telling everyone I was the greatest baseball player ever.

Edited by PunkRockPete

I don't have a huge problem with Slipknot but what I've heard from them is just screaming. I mean how the hell can you enjoy someone screaming in your ear? Also there personalities suck so badly from what I've see. Spitting in the air and swallowing it again, that's just sick. Maybe the rumour about them killing dogs on stage wasn't true, but they are still twisters  :shifty:

:lol:

Go see Gorgoroth live. They slaughter lambs on stage and re-inact Jesus's crucifixion with real audience members.

Good shit.

That's and understament. Gorogorth fucking owns.

Though nothing tops the epic tale of Mayhem. Even though Ghaal of Gorgoroth is in jail now for torture-like violence.

Just how dedicated to Satan are you when you make a necklace with pieces of your singer's blown skull in it?

And that necklace guy is the only one of the original members who's still on the loose :P

86 Underworld

80 Beck

79 Aphex Twin

78 Goldfrapp

77 Talking Heads

74 The Jam

67 Kraftwerk

62 Massive Attack

61 The Who

Ahhh well 9 groups who I'm happy with being in the top hundred so far.

The problem in my opinion is too many 15 year old Americans voting

*prepares to catch flack*

It's not all about rock and metal y'know....

Kraftwerk were the first group to ever use sequencers and to make electro music WITHOUT sequencers, the grandaddy's of electro and ANY music that uses keyboards / sequencers.

Aphex Twin is perhaps one of the most leftfield, experimental artists around. Without people like him we'd be stuck listening to the same guitar riffs for twenty years....

The Jam and The Who: Summed up a generation, took the sound of the time and rightfully cemeted themselves into history.

I'm not a happy bunny.

All joking aside, Radiohead HAVE to be top 10 but I know they won't be because this is on 15yr old US opinion (ROCK MAN, LIKE RAAAAWK) rather than actual ability or ground breaking quality.

*prays for Bjork, Beethoven and Wagner to come who were in his ten*

My apologies for anyone in the aforementioned demographic who voted otherwise.

*groans*

I won't be doing this again, lol. I thought everyone could be cililized (sp?) enough to accept the fact that this is peoples opinions, and not fact. People all have different tastes, and they have all voted for their favourite bands. Obviously the top 100 is not going to match everybodies tastes, and there will be bands on there that you think shouldn't have made it, but I'm sure other people don't think that the bands that you like should've made it either.

So do you want me to post the rest of it, or just get someone to close the thread?

You started, so you should finish. It doesn't matter what the subject is, be it best wrestler, best movie, best song, best game, best band, theres always going to be people who don't agree. But I think it'd still be interesting enough to see what came up in the high ranks, since it wasn't just EWB that voted on it.

And, of course, the amount of bitching shall be astronomical once we have finished this :P

And for the record, I do not give a shit whether or not any given band is on the list (i.e. I shall not go on a verbal rampage against other people if the bands aren't there, of course I do care if they get on the list :P), and I won't be losing my sleep when Led Zeppelin or some other I-don't-give-a-fuck-group is or isn't #1.

Edited by Bushmeister

*groans*

I won't be doing this again, lol. I thought everyone could be cililized (sp?) enough to accept the fact that this is peoples opinions, and not fact. People all have different tastes, and they have all voted for their favourite bands. Obviously the top 100 is not going to match everybodies tastes, and there will be bands on there that you think shouldn't have made it, but I'm sure other people don't think that the bands that you like should've made it either.

So do you want me to post the rest of it, or just get someone to close the thread?

I think it would've been a lot safer had you just posted all 100 at once. Instead, you have to come back to this thread and look at all the complaints (some which do have grounds) before you can post the next set of 5. If it were me from this point, I'd just post whatever was left.

55 | Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

brmc.jpg

54 | The Killers

killers_270.jpg

53 | The Offspring

offspring.jpg

52 | Feeder

feeder.jpg

51 | Joy Division

joy.jpg

So far:

51- Joy Division