Opinionated Compilation Of 100 Bands

Jook

No, it should have been called

Shit bands that some people on EWB like, even though their shit

Then I wouldn't have argued.

I mean, seriously, The Who can't even make the top 25? AC/DC not in the top 25? You're gonna need a top 5 of Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Slayer, and The Ramones to make up for that, IMO.

Garage bands? You do know that garage is like fast rap music right?

Not in the US. In the US garage is like, The Hives and shit like that.

Edited by sycodmn

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a huge problem with Slipknot but what I've heard from them is just screaming. I mean how the hell can you enjoy someone screaming in your ear? Also there personalities suck so badly from what I've see. Spitting in the air and swallowing it again, that's just sick. Maybe the rumour about them killing dogs on stage wasn't true, but they are still twisters  :shifty:

:lol:

Go see Gorgoroth live. They slaughter lambs on stage and re-inact Jesus's crucifixion with real audience members.

Good shit.

That's and understament. Gorogorth fucking owns.

Though nothing tops the epic tale of Mayhem. Even though Ghaal of Gorgoroth is in jail now for torture-like violence.

EDIT- And I can guarantee the only band I listed for consideration that'll be on here is Iron Maiden. If they're even on it.

you so need MSN :wub:

Once again, I remind you that everyone has their own opinions and whatnot.

Stop fucking thinking all of your opinions are better than everyone elses.

You can't say that though. According to the topic title, this is a list of the Best Bands In The World EVER. Which means apparently, this is the definitive list, and not simply opinions, so theres nothing wrong with giving our opinion. If that made sense.

It should have been called Opinionated Compilation Of 100 Bands, then people couldn't moan. Or something.

Honestly, there is no true way to make a list of 100 Bands because there will always be differing opinions and people who believe that different bands and what not should be on there. Also, there will be bands that make it on there solely on popularity and never on actual talent. This is the exact reason why VH1's countdowns never work.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

Once again, I remind you that everyone has their own opinions and whatnot.

Stop fucking thinking all of your opinions are better than everyone elses.

You can't say that though. According to the topic title, this is a list of the Best Bands In The World EVER. Which means apparently, this is the definitive list, and not simply opinions, so theres nothing wrong with giving our opinion. If that made sense.

It should have been called Opinionated Compilation Of 100 Bands, then people couldn't moan. Or something.

:smug:

I dare YOU.

Go on.

But you'll still deem it shit, because bands you don't like will make it.

Hey, aslong as Nine Inch Nails, Gorgoroth & Nevermore make it on there in some fashion, I'd be happy.

I might do that when I get back in the fall.

I don't have a huge problem with Slipknot but what I've heard from them is just screaming. I mean how the hell can you enjoy someone screaming in your ear? Also there personalities suck so badly from what I've see. Spitting in the air and swallowing it again, that's just sick. Maybe the rumour about them killing dogs on stage wasn't true, but they are still twisters  :shifty:

:lol:

Go see Gorgoroth live. They slaughter lambs on stage and re-inact Jesus's crucifixion with real audience members.

Good shit.

That's and understament. Gorogorth fucking owns.

Though nothing tops the epic tale of Mayhem. Even though Ghaal of Gorgoroth is in jail now for torture-like violence.

EDIT- And I can guarantee the only band I listed for consideration that'll be on here is Iron Maiden. If they're even on it.

you so need MSN :wub:

I so have MSN... I so am too lazy to sign on to it though.

I don't consider Nine Inch Nails to be metal, they are industrial in my book.

As long as Nirvana is in the Top 10, I'll be sound as a pound.

I'm hoping Bleedthrough will be out by the time I do that list.

It's said to be rawer/metal-er.

They're really more Industrial than Metal. Fear Factory's a better example of Industrial Metal than NIN... though saying NIN is Metal is a valid opinion since they are one of the hundreds of borderline bands that could be metal and could not be also.

Guest 12characters

I'm hoping Bleedthrough will be out by the time I do that list.

It's said to be rawer/metal-er.

Awesome, I can't wait for that album.

I don't see what everyone is complaining about... this was The 100 Best Bands As Voted By YOU! It's not like he just came up with this on his own. And it's just EWB, it's not like this is going in a major publication or actually means anything other than the fact that the majority of people on EWB have very shitty taste. :smug:

I thought there was a whole bunch of boards involved in this? I know it's on Bullsh!t, but didn't Jook say it was on the Muse board, and somewhere else? So it's not exactly OUR fault.

I thought there was a whole bunch of boards involved in this?  I know it's on Bullsh!t, but didn't Jook say it was on the Muse board, and somewhere else?  So it's not exactly OUR fault.

EWB

Bullsh!t

Music Festivals

And then Muse, and the Killers, but any votes for either bands on their forums don't count, cos that would be gay.

At least 50% of the votes came from here though.

Ok remember people this is the 100 Best Bands...EVER

Now, ever covers quite a bit of time, and thats mainly why this list is so terrible.

Coheed and Cambria aren't even one of the 1000 greatest bands EVER.

From 1990 to 1995 there were at least 100 bands better than C&C, let alone now. The same goes for Muse and I'm sure some of the bands that will sadly make it higher than 20.

Being that its the best in the world EVER, means there should be some things taken into account when voting, besides just opinions.

This should really be called "100 Bands People on EWB and Other Message Boards Like" as doesn't take into account anything like record sales, concert attendence, musical aptitude and anything else that might make a band "great"

This is really starting to uber piss me off. Everyone here is getting all anal over the fact that a lot of the people who voted like Billy Talent, instead of NIN. Holy crap. If you don't like what PEOPLE voted for (not Jook randomly pulling band names out of his ass) then don't read the list! Get over it, and make your own list if you feel the need.

Did anybody enter this thread thinking they'd see the official greatest 100 bands ever? It's just a name of a thread. The fact that this was voted for by members makes it pretty simple to understand surely.

And you can't say a band shouldn't be on the list because they haven't been around for a long time (that's how I understood what you said, I could be wrong though). Just because a band has been around 50 years or 50 days, doesn't mean they can't be somebody's favourite.

I think everybody should just make their own list if they're not happy, post it in a new thread. I can't see any other way to stop the complaining. Can people not just read and see how we and others voted?