Opinionated Compilation Of 100 Bands

Jook

Yeah well, Pretty Hate Machine is like the greatest album ever made in my opinion. Even the stuff Reznor remixes is gold, especially his version of 'Judith' by A Perfect Circle.

I thought the Reznor mix of Judith was cancelled? The only version I've gotten (which is labeled the NIN Mix of Judith on some programs) is the Renholder version.

Or did you manage to snag the real deal?

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My serious top 5

1- The Beatles

2- Led Zeppelin

3- The Beach Boys

4- The Rolling Stones

5- Queen

My personal top 5

1- Iron Maiden

2- KMFDM

3- Ministry

4- Judas Priest

5- Led Zeppelin

Those aren't my favorites... just who I consider the greatest due to the impact on the music I listen to. That would of course be Metal and Industrial.

Just for Kicks, and while everyone else is doing it, my top 5:

1) Zeppelin

2) The Stones

3) Bob Dylan

4) Miles Davis

5) Beatles

In terms of influence and quality, since my personal favorites are at times not even very good.

Guest 12characters

This is fucking crazy. If anyone can seriously post that they think Radiohead are the greatest band of all-time based not only on your music tastes, but also historically, then I'm leaving EWB. I'll go to a board that isn't filled with elitist morons.

My serious 5:

1. Led Zep

2. The Beatles

3. Jimi Hendrix Experience

4. Metallica

5. Nirvana

My personal 5:

1. Nirvana

2. Soundgarden

3. Pearl Jam

4. Pantera

5. Nine Inch Nails

This is fucking crazy. If anyone can seriously post that they think Nirvana are even in the Top 100 greatest bands of all-time based not only on your music tastes, but also historically, then I'm leaving EWB. I'll go to a board that isn't filled with Kurt Cobain faggots.

Fixed :shifty:

Guest 12characters

This is fucking crazy. If anyone can seriously post that they think Nirvana are even in the Top 100 greatest bands of all-time based not only on your music tastes, but also historically, then I'm leaving EWB. I'll go to a board that isn't filled with Kurt Cobain faggots.

:D

You have to admit Nirvana was an important band from a historical perspective though.

You have to admit Nirvana was an important band from a historical perspective though.

No, I really don't. If they weren't around when they were, maybe the current musical landscape wouldn't be dominated by emo-fags.

I'm sure Squancho can tell you about 100 bands that are better than Nirvana, and could have had the same impact. Also, I'm sure he could give you 100 bands that Nirvana ripped off.

Guest 12characters

No, I really don't. If they weren't around when they were, maybe the current musical landscape wouldn't be dominated by emo-fags.

I'm sure Squancho can tell you about 100 bands that are better than Nirvana, and could have had the same impact. Also, I'm sure he could give you 100 bands that Nirvana ripped off.

Well ok. You are entitled to your opinions and I am entitled to mine and I'll leave it at that. Debating the point won't produce anything positive.

For the most shockingly obvious example of this, listen to 'Eighties' by Killing Joke.

IT'S THE SAME FUCKING RIFF COBAIN!!!!~

In all honesty, I don't mind some Nirvana - but I wouldn't rank them up there among the greats, decent enough band though.

Well overall the top three were awful, but lets not get started on all that again. The Beatles are ten times better than Radiohead, but it just shows people have different tastes in music obviously. It did lack some groups though that didn't even get a mention. TLC, The Jacksons, NWA. They aint bands, but I class groups as bands basically. All three of them deserved to be in there, but none of them at all made it, heck not one RnB or Soul group got in. Also I'd take Spice Girls over Radiohead anyday :P

Good list still :)

Just a word of advice for Jook...I hope you think again before doing something like this. It seems no-one will agree on musical tastes, so this (in my opinion) was a real waste of your time. Meh. I liked seeing what other people like, music-wise, but all the bitching just took away from it.

We were all moaning five pages back, why bring it up now? The reason people are moaning because some people have the worst taste ever. Yes its pretty damn true, I was moaning because I thought this was a fair best 100 bands, but obviously we found out it was opinionated which is why people stopped moaning...

Radiohead's musically a lot better then Metallica (or most bands on the list), but in terms of longevity, impact, importance, theres no doubt that Metallica surpass them.