Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

First 15, Coloccini looked like he was trying too hard, definitely, but after that, he looked solid. Gutierrez was superb, if he can create problems like that for defences all season, I'll be over the moon.

Point's a great result, I'd have took that all day before the game started, but I really think if Taylor was on for Fletcher's goal, it wouldn't have gone in, and we could have took the three points.

That's just reminded me of something, if a player gets banned for X amount of matches and he physically can't compete until a time after that ban does the ban start when he comes back or is it a continuous thing regardless

I would assume with injuries it wouldn't but i'm not sure about international commitments

That's just reminded me of something, if a player gets banned for X amount of matches and he physically can't compete until a time after that ban does the ban start when he comes back or is it a continuous thing regardless

I would assume with injuries it wouldn't but i'm not sure about international commitments

No, injured or not I believe they miss whatever amount of the team's games their ban was for. If Nani broke his leg tomorrow (just saying :shifty: ) he'd be able to return as soon as he recovered, and not miss the one other game he had to while suspended.

Do you think we're that stupid?

We'll WIN the Champions League THIS season :P

But seriously I don't see us keeping up this sort of form all season, esp when the World Cup qualifiers might take Coloccini and Gutiérrez with no real warning. At least it's made me confident that this season will be better than the last.

I was impressed with Newcastle yesterday and they fully deserved their point a point which could be very valuable later on in the season. Jonas looks like he'll be a great player and a good solid performance from our former player Guthrie and Milner had a good game too i thought. Can't really base anything of just the 1 performance though but if Newcastle where to keep performing like this than they'll be challenging for Uefa Cup spot this season.

Chelsea wow all i can say i think Big Phil is what they needed and their midfield looks amazing to simply put it and if they continue to perform like that then i can see them winning the title this season.

Crap performance from us against Sunderland but we managed to get the win, something i felt last season if we played crap we wouldn't of been able to get 3 pts, this is something we need to do this season is to still win even if we play poorly if we are to challenge for the title. Too many draws last season cost us

Guest tylinski
- Man Utd will win the league, with Chelsea in 2nd, Liverpool 3rd, Arsenal 4th.

- Newcastle will finish 6th.

- 2 out of the 3 promoted sides will stay up.

man u 1st chealsea 2nd arsenal 3rd liverpool 4th

its pretty obvious isnt it baddar

Guest tylinski
Man Utd will win the title.

Man City and/or Spurs will finish in top 4.

Liverpool will finish 6th.

None of the promoted teams will survive and 1 will break Derby's points record.

Sunderland will finish in top 10.

if that happens teej can suspend me for 30 days thats how shore i am

Guest tylinski

if man city and spurs come in the top 4 i will never come on here again thats how sure i am

Liverpool 6th are you having a laugh?!!!! Damn i don't think Sunderland will get top 10 and City and Spurs won't break the top 4.

There'll be a battle for 5th but the top 4 will be the same

if man city and spurs come in the top 4 i will never come on here again thats how sure i am

I'll now cheer for both with every fibre of my being.

Our need for a centre back is highlighted as Higginbotham comes in at centre back. Don't get me wrong, he had some good moments last year but we need to upgrade.

Gordon

Bardsley Nosworthy Higginbotham Collins

Richardson Reid Whitehead Malbranque

Diouf Murphy

is our line up. Spurs fans will be anxious to know that Chopra is on the bench and ready and raring for a 94th minute winner again, but with Cisse, Healy and Stokes all on bench too, he may not see the field. Miller and Leadbitter also on bench and then Ward as back up goalkeeper.

So thats 4 attacking minded players (4 strikers or, 3 strikers and a winger/wide striker for Stokes) then midfielders of Miller and Leadbitter. Then Ward as goalkeeper. So despite being allowed more substitutes, we pretty much resign to the fact that a defensive injury = us fucked.