Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Boro have scored against Spurs. Apparently Spurs have come to life since Berbatov came on, but still have conceded to Boro.

At the same time they shouldn't be too worried, assuming Berbatov has handed in his transfer request and will be coming to Man Utd later on. I think you have to go with Berbatov until he leaves, and when he does leave use the money to get his replacement - then play him. In my opinion Berbatov should be playing as the striker until he leaves, assuming they are going to replace him should he go. And assuming his money is used to help fund or recoup from the Arshavin transfer should it happen.

So yeah, as I like Spurs I want them to do well, and I'm not worried that they might lose this match. As I think they're still getting their team completely sorted and waiting for them to gel, and while I don't think they'll finish 5th. I think they can get Europe through league position and have a positive season.

And yeah I said assuming quite a lot in that second paragraph. You can tell I don't go to school anymore. <_<

2-1 Hull

Hull better than we thought.

Fulham still poor?

I'm going to say Fulham still aren't very good, and Hull aren't actually that good and will still go down. But i'll need to see some stuff on MotD before I make a full assessment, but that's just what I'm assuming.

Hasn't Mido dropped like two stones over the summer?

He has slimmed alot aye. And if things stay the same I wouldn't be upset getting a draw at Everton, even if we won't face Everton at a better time. Hard place to go and get something from.

Mido's gay.

I think you have to go with Berbatov until he leaves, and when he does leave use the money to get his replacement - then play him.

You can't blame Ramos for choosing Bent & Dos Santos to start up front, they've both played very well in pre-season while Berbatov did next to nothing and playing a player who doesn't want to be there isn't going to do much good for the team, especially when they're moody like Berbs.