Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

No, telling him to shut up for making points that I didn't disagree with. I don't think Man City necessarily picked up "more talent" than us in the slightest, not that any of them are proven Premiership players are they?

We'll bounce back and have another good season, but if City can come to SoL and rip us apart then they may very well be in for a good season as well.

Oh and I don't think we'll be around 14/15 come the end of the season now. I don't think we can strengthen as well as we have and finish that low, I'm looking at high bottom half of the table. Around 12th this year and I would be ecstatic, but from our performances against Liverpool and Spurs - we could very well be 10th - in a West Ham situation from last year.

And yeah, EWB grinds me down sometimes and I tell people to shut up. Only way to be noticed around here and get your point across is to be a bit of an uneducated prick, unfortunately I'm not uneducated so I just have to be a massive prick about it. It's comical you calling me childish and pathetic for saying "shut up" though, when we're on EWB of all places and you see the pointless shit that goes on around here.

For what it's worth, I don't think he meant "more talent than Sunderland" just more talent in general. If Man City finished in 9th last year and picked up more talent, their fans would be looking to build on that 9th place finish, just like the Sunderland fans would like to build on their 15th place finish, after the signings they've made this summer.

For what it's worth, I don't think he meant "more talent than Sunderland" just more talent in general. If Man City finished in 9th last year and picked up more talent, their fans would be looking to build on that 9th place finish, just like the Sunderland fans would like to build on their 15th place finish, after the signings they've made this summer.

But I doubt any team signs players that they think will weaken their team meaning everyone is expecting to improve on their position from last year...? And that just can't happen.

But I doubt any team signs players that they think will weaken their team meaning everyone is expecting to improve on their position from last year...? And that just can't happen.

Yes but teams will sell players that can decrease the talent level. We bought a couple of key players and didn't sell any.

Exactly, so it's just a case of both parties (IAceI and Clawson) trying to defend their clubs.

Anyway, Man Utd will finish higher than both of you so there. :shifty:

Edited by Baddartyne

Anyway, Man Utd will finish higher than both of you so there. :shifty:

We're gonna double up you cunts again this year.

Nah, United will beat City at OT this year.

We do usually lose at least once at home though, so that'll probably come against a shit team like Sunderland or something.

What about Samaras?

Well, obviously that was an oversight on Clawson's part. Selling the Premierships 2nd best striker was a massive loss to City but Jo and SWP will somehow go someway to making up for it.

At the end of the day one team won and the other lost, regardless of ownership problems, other internal problems or the actual team itself. On another day Sunderland could have thrashed City 47-1 (on a Chopra good day <_<) but nothing can really change the result today.

Then again if my team thrashed Spurs one week i'd expect a decent result the next.

EDIT: FAAR too late >_<

Edited by The General

What about Samaras?

Well, obviously that was an oversight on Clawson's part. Selling the Premierships 2nd best striker was a massive loss to City but Jo and SWP will somehow go someway to making up for it.

He was on loan for the majority of last year anyways.