Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

People are also shitting on him for smiling afterwards, despite him doing a legal challenge, as if to get away with it.

No, people are saying he looked like a fucking cunt when he smiled, not that the rules of the game prohibit him from smiling. That's what people do - they look at the body language and facial expressions of others and then judge their personality based on it. I don't give a shit whether Barton continues to play for Newcastle, how long he's banned for or whether his tackle was legitimate or not because none of those things change the fact that he's an odious little cunt and that grin made him look like a prick.

And that's why I was glad when someone, no matter who it was, had a little bit of a go at him.

The striker's penthouse apartment was broken into while he was playing in Ireland's 2-1 win over Georgia on Saturday.

The thieves sneaked into the flat he shares with model wife Claudine, 25, and are believed to have stolen an expensive watch and jewellery.

Keane, 28, had been using the city centre property in Liverpool while he searched for a home after his £20 million move from Tottenham.

Over the past two years six Anfield stars have been burgled while playing.

Club captain and England midfielder Steven Gerrard, 28, was given extra security after raiders broke into his Formby home last December.

Gerrard was away playing a Champions League match in Marseilles when four men broke in and confronted his wife, Alex Curran.

Former Red Peter Crouch was busy scoring twice at Anfield in 2006 while burglars were rifling through his property in Cheshire.

And when Polish goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek was playing with his national side in June 2006, his plush home in Caldy, West Kirby, was targeted.

It's absolutely great to see Gianfranco Zola back in English football. The consumate professional and one of the most talented, nicest footballers you could ever name.

Though his experience is limited to the Italy U21s, I certainly don't think he'll bomb. He might struggle at first, but we'll see. I'm just looking forward to seeing him on MOTD every week. ^_^

So West Ham's kit sponsors XL have gone bust - indeed they'd taken out a loan offered to them by West Ham's chairman....Oooooh sqeaky clean.

Anyway West Ham have taken them off their shirts and will play West Brom with neither team having a shirt sponsor.

The best thing about this though is that I learned the name of the son of West Ham's chairman...It's a fantastic manly name too: Bjorgolfur Thor Bjorgolfsson.

Beautiful.

EDIT: This is from the bbc sport page and while most of my hates this image (cos of the obvious) the best part about it is Mike Ashely pistured as if he was a Newcastle player...Would explain a lot...

_45010810_hyper_1.jpg

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

I've got a strangely upbeat feeling about the Liverpool/Man Utd match today, even though I predicted 1-0 Utd in the prediction league. Hoping we can do something similar to the game a couple of seasons ago where Bellamy ran Vidic ragged and would've scored if he wasn't shit, except with Torres instead... but this time not letting somebody like John O'Shea come in and score after doing a great job for 90 minutes. Hopefully Mascherano can actually stay on the pitch for the whole match this time, it'd be a massive help.

So, when will Newcastle not want our managers? They got King Kenny after he was moved upstairs and he cracked, they got Souness when the tide was against her, they tried to get Sparky before Keegan came back and now they want Ince....or Keegan again. :shifty:

Not going to knock anything else about it, although Gallas is a complete prick, but a bad challenge? Barton cleanly took the ball and got up with a cheeky grin on his face, regaining him some cool points in my eyes. He could actually be very useful this season just by drawing fouls off French players.

No, he went right through Nasri, and hes a dirty little shitebag and deserves far worse, and will probably get it when he visits a more physical team.

Wrong wrong wrong. Good tackle.

I can see United running riot over Liverpool today. On paper, not one of the Liverpool players starting would get in the United side. Did people predict Liverpool for the title again this year? lol.

VDS can't last long as United's number one, making a few errors this season.

Oh, it just got interesting.

Giggsy fucked up. VDS probably should have done better again, too.

Hm, Masch with his weekly dive there.

Edited by shock and aweSUM

Newcastle v Hull, Hull's first appearance on Canadain Television today.

NOW DESTROY THAT SHIT NEWCASTLE TEAM. FUCKING DAVID EDGAR IS STARTING, CANADIAN PLAYERS AREN'T GOOD.

Ian Ashbee you bearded wonder. <3

Edited by Kou