Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Weird for us to feel the effects of a late goal against us. 8 of our 10 goals have come in the last 10 minutes.

And... I'm beginning to feel annoyed at not beating Arsenal. I've not felt like this, ever. Last time I remember even beating Arsenal was when Niall Quinn scored a header the year we came up from Division 1 after setting the then highest points total and then Kevin Phillips won the Premiership Golden Boot.

So that's a long, long time ago. About 2000/2001 season.

Still, a point is good. But 3 would have made the table look a bit nicer although the tables a bit irrelevant until 10 games have been played. Plus I coach a lot of Arsenal fans at tennis, was looking forward to a good session of verbally abusing them, it won't have the same affect when we conceded a late equaliser. :(

Thank fuck Brown's back in the Man Utd starting line-up (he says, speaking from a fantasy football perspective). I was beginning to worry what with all of Gary Neville's recent starts. Now watch Blackburn put two goals past them. <_<

Wonder if I can get Simon Bird is a Cunt printed on the back of a shirt? I might check the club shop. I may be a Newcastle fan which really makes me biased, but I am really glad he did that. The swearing was hilarious and his actual points where he knocks them for interviewing players he dropped were spot on. Now bring on Everton!

Feel I may regret that last sentence...

1-1

It's a bizarre feeling when your disappointed at not beating Arsenal. I was so looking forward to celebrating and then being scolded by 9 to 5 for thinking we were actually a good football team too :(

Sunderland aren't bad. Just not that great. >_>