Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Nice to see that when Gerrard misses - and to be honest he should have scored from where he was. The commentators just can't bring themselves to lay the blame on him, it was obviously Kuyt's fault. And I hate Kuyt, and even I wouldn't say he was to blame there. Gerrard could have, and probably should have scored.

Two kinda similar goals - both long balls. Arsenal's was better because Liverpool actually tried to defend it. And I sniggered when Keane went mental when he scored, clearly didn't remember what to do - plus against Arsenal, just.. comical <_<

Odd, because since Adebayor's gone off I expect Arsenal to sneak it if anything. I feel there might be another goal in it but only because it's been pretty attacking since Ade went off.

Sometimes you wonder why teams just don't field 10 players from the get go. Half the time they play better <_<

I don't think I've ever seen Howard Webb have a good game, how is he our best ref again? Also: lol, liverpool without torres.

Seriously, why are Liverpool and Chelsea doing so shit? Go score and win! Don't let Man Utd win the fucking title again!

Why is Kuyt never played up front any more? If I remember correctly he was the shit before Torres came in and ever since he's been asked to play on the left wing or something stupid - buy some proper fucking wingers if you want them, but don't stick a perfectly good 15-20 goal a season striker out there and then bring shit like N'Gog on to score you a winner.

If you think Kuyt's a 20 goal a season striker then it must fucking hurt when you answer the iron. He lacks the touch and pace to lead the line, which I would have thought was obvious after his performance against Hull. On the right his workrate can compensate for that, and the amount of important goals he's scored from that position speaks for itself.

And fuck off with the 'N'Gog is shit' remarks as well. Only an complete and utter bellend would judge a 19-year old, in his first year in England, after a whopping total of 6 games - the majority of which were late substitute appearances.

Yes, lol; Liverpool without Torres. Top of the league, what a fucking shambles.

A WTF moment with that Adebayor red card, just another terrible referee decision added to the pile of shit ones in recent weeks. Then again I didn't think either were yellow cards, but I guess I'm wrong.

Oh and I hate the guy, but RVP is really turning into a great player. Saved Arsenal time and time again this season when the rest of the team just hasn't performed to their full ability. The guys one of the most underrated out there right now, doesn't get enough mention if you ask me.

Duffs goal was also lovely, I love Kinnear shutting everybody up and doing a pretty damn good job. Although I still hate part of him from his Wimbledon days when he knocked United out of the FA Cup :angry:

I wish the premiership would stop players/managers (usually Arsenal) moaning about sending offs or "bad decisions".

I'm sick of picking the paper up on a Monday morning and having to read through 5 pages of moaning about the weeks latest "terrible decision" to try and read about the actual football.

Oh. My. God. England captain John Terry has been SENT OFF!!!! :o

Oh and does anyone want to try and explain to me why/how Tim Sherwood and Steve McManaman are even remotely trying to defend that challenge? Yet Jamie Redknapp and Glenn Hoddle said Adebayor's was definately a red card yesterday? Ridiculous.

Tim Sherwood makes Jamie Redknapp look like an informed individual. "Phil Dowd made a rash decision, it might be the right one but he lost control of himself there." What a gaping cunt. Any non-English player would have been strung up for making that tackle, but because it's Big Brave Ingerlund Captain JT the referee gets slaughtered for making the correct decision.