Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

The more and more I watched the Macheda goal.. it definitely looks like it didn't bounce off, and he actually went for the redirection..

And this is coming from a Man U hater :shifty:

Carrick's shot was hit and hope and it hit Macheda's foot. He was in the right position but to try and build it up as anything more is fucking stupid.

I wouldn't say it's obvious he's going to become a very good player either, unless you're wearing a ridiculously thick pair of rose tinted glasses. There have been countless young players over the years that have scored a couple of massive goals, get hyped up only to fade away into obscurity in a couple of seasons.

So? I feel like he could be a star in the making. I never said he's the next Pele or anything, I said a star, as in he could become a regular player for us over time. It's early days really and he could just turn out like Rossi or someone and never really get the proper chance he deserves. Either way, so far I think everything is looking up for him. I hate how people have to put a downer on any player that suddenly comes onto the scene. Remember Wayne Rooney when he scored that rocket strike against Arsenal? There were people claiming he was average then, turns out those people were wrong. For me Macheda can be big, how big we'll have to see (Y)

Exactly, that's your opinion. I was responding to The Future who said it was obvious he's going to become a very good player, which it isn't.

Nobodies putting a downer on him either, it's just that some people aren't getting carried along with the ridiculous level hype that's suddenly surrounding him.

Setanta's a cancer though. Should have gone watched it in the pub but we'd have just ended up playing bonehead in the goals in the back with the weather so nice.

Best pub ever. It's got two goals and a play park. And Foster's is £1.99. And it's my local. Best pub ever. I love this weather.

Nice weather for cutting the grass. :D

Yeah we can all agree with that. N'Gog becoming world class, that is.

As for Macheda, he's a cunt. He looks about 40, only wants to celebrate with Ronaldo when he scores and just seems like a complete wanker. If he comes good he'll probably fuck off for Milan or Madrid so his WAG girlfriend can go shopping.

Edited by Pesci

Star in the making? Ugh, a hit and hope shot and the ball bouncing off his foot...

How do you know it was a hit and hope shot? and before the goal he pulled off a nice turn and skinned a Villa defender and put in a good cross.

He's scored goals for fun in the reserves and at only 17 he's got two winners, take off your anti-Utd glasses because it's obvious he's going to become a very very good player.

It was hit and hope because he wasn't looking at the fucking goal. Well done, a young kid skinned a defender and crossed a ball after coming on fresh against tired legs... Not taking anything away from him, you can only play what you're up against but that's what I'd EXPECT a 17 year old attacking player that's coming on for the last 15 minutes to do.

Well done on scoring lots of goals in the reserves, so have lots of people that have ended up doing the sum total of fuck all. And 2 goals, 2 GOALS, that's it, important winners or not, it's still just 2 goals and they weren't the world's best goals either. Well done to him for being in the right place at the right time and having good positional sense for the Villa goal but that FAR from means that he's obviously going to be very very good.

And it's nothing to do with being anti-United, I've never said the kid won't be good, just that it's fucking ridiculous that people are wanking over him, yet if he'd done this for Wigan in matches that meant nothing, he'd be nothing more than a decent prospect (unless he was English of course).

Edited by Footjob Fever

Nobody is 'wanking' over him. I'm a United supporter and right now we're going through a hell of a bad run of form, we needed someone to really drag us up. The guy arguably saved our season with both of these goals, in which if he hadn't of got them, we'd of more than likely have dropped four points. I'm fucking excited because of that and nobody is calling him the greatest person to play football, but to a United fan (or me personally), he's like a fucking hero right now just for those moments. Nobody can predict how good or bad he's going to be, but I don't see the need for you to moan because a few United fans are getting excited over someone who could be a bright prospect for our team. All I can do is judge this guy on what he's done in those two games. He's had two games and two goals, both which have proven to be as important as any goal we've scored this season, so yes, he's getting a huge thumbs up from me and some :wub: (Y)

Yeah we can all agree with that. N'Gog becoming world class, that is.

As for Macheda, he's a cunt. He looks about 40, only wants to celebrate with Ronaldo when he scores and just seems like a complete wanker. If he comes good he'll probably fuck off for Milan or Madrid so his WAG girlfriend can go shopping.

Doesn't WAG stand for 'Wives and Girlfriends'? >_>

And as Omid Djalili says, nobody has a wife AND a girlfriend, so it really should be "Wives or Girlfriends"

Aye, but then that would be Wog. So Pesci's statement would make sense but the Dago's would get all offended by it.

And as Omid Djalili says, nobody has a wife AND a girlfriend, so it really should be "Wives or Girlfriends"

You're so naive Ace, you really are! :P

Anyways, Macheda? N'Gog? Andy Carroll is who you should all be talking about...

:shifty:

Aye, but then that would be Wog. So Pesci's statement would make sense but the Dago's would get all offended by it.

Pretty certain that was his point when he told the joke originally.

And Andy Carroll is shit. Just for the record. Much like Steven Taylor. Who is a fucking donkey.

Pretty certain that was his point when he told the joke originally.

And Andy Carroll is shit. Just for the record. Much like Steven Taylor. Who is a fucking donkey.

No, Carroll has another season of being godlike until he turns to shit, much like anyone else Newcastle produce.