Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Looks like today has confirmed two new grounds for me next season in the league then!

St. James Park here I come :w00t:

And The Hawthorns <_<

Which of the midweek games are on tuesday and which are on wednesday? I know we've got Man U-Pompey, Liverpool-Arsenal and Everton-Chelsea, but I've no idea which day they're all on.

Thankfully, the Newcastle fans wont be allowed to post in here next season :P

Why? Are we finally putting up new rules where if your team ain't in the league, you can't post in the thread?

Bit harsh.

But fun :w00t:

If we did, you would reduce Matt's posting to virtually nothing. >_>

I've thought we were going down ever since Given left for Man City. He can be frustrating at times, but if we'd sold Given in the summer we'd already be out of it.

Our remaining fixtures are Portsmouth, Middlesbrough and Fulham at home and Liverpool and Aston Villa away. I can see the team maybe getting 4 points out of them. A win and a draw at home. I think Fulham will beat us, and there's obviously not much chance of anything in the two games away.

I can only hope that relegation would be a bit of a fresh start, and we'd maybe come back up after a couple of seasons. I doubt very much it'll happen like that though.

It is going to be hard for Newcastle and to me as a fan of footy since a kid, its a real shock if they go down. A real top flight team, and will probally lose some good players. But I think you will also keep a strong team if Newcastle go down. Boro have put up a strong fight to stay up, the type of fight I thought Newcastle would put up.

As for the top of the league I really hope we can do it, Liverpool that is. We can win the games and dominate, we have proved that this season. Yet we always seem to slip up and it shocks me, because one week we are an excellent team and the next terrible. And IMO Torress is a waste of space, as of late he has done nothing.

Why? Are we finally putting up new rules where if your team ain't in the league, you can't post in the thread?

Bit harsh.

I fail to see the problem. :shifty:

Bit harsh.

I fail to see the problem. :shifty:

The problem would be you'd pretty much have to rename the Coca-Cola League Thread to "Matt's talks about football" :shifty:

Yeah I never had and never will have an opportunity to post about my team in here. :/

You never know, Kilmarnock could all of a sudden rise to Old Firl levels of dominance and be forced to play in the Premiership.

Or maybe not.

Oh most definitely. I remember back in the day it was incredibly reassuring to have as goalkeeper back up. Just in case something bad happened to Gordon Marshall, or Colin Meldrum, or Colin Stewart, or Graeme Smith, or Cameron Bell, or Francois Dubourdeau. I knew we'd never manage without him. :(