Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Yeah but you also 'gave' us Sean McDaid and I'm not too happy about that.

That's another reason to dislike Newcastle too...Lewis Guy came from there, and he's so bad he barely qualifies as a footballer.

Maybe I shouldn't be so harsh on Leeds, after all, you did help us win promotion last season :lol:

That's another reason to dislike Newcastle too...Lewis Guy came from there, and he's so bad he barely qualifies as a footballer.

Maybe I shouldn't be so harsh on Leeds, after all, you did help us win promotion last season :lol:

Who the fuck's Sean McDaid?

Who the fuck's Sean McDaid?

Exactly.

And metalman, you should venture into that thread more often (Y) :P

Yeah, me and 1PW are just providing a sneak preview of the Coca-Cola thread, just me and him going "lol leeds" "lol still bigger than you" "lol wembley" "lol points deductions". Possibly with 400% less "lol" :shifty:

Hey, there are on occasion interesting discussions/insights in that thread!

<_<

I like how Andy Townsend just got knowledge dropped on him by Jens Lehmann in regards to saving a football and how the balls nowadays affect it. I like it when Andy Townsend is shown to be wrong. <_<

I don't mind Newcastle.

That is why I'm impartial to Newcastle :shifty:

To be fair I'd prefer them to stay up just because I'd rather Hull went down so their awesome form at the start of the season just seems hilarious in hindsight. And when Newcastle go down, who else are we gonna laugh at? Spurs better not find any sort of form next season or I'll be all out of ideas.

I like Newcastle. But I want them to go down so we can have Michael Owen.

Who in the right mind would want Michael Owen, for a start he'd be wanting to be our highest paid player, followed by him only making about 15 appearances a season, and the fact that he doesn't even score goals anymore.

:shifty:

Who in the right mind would want Michael Owen, for a start he'd be wanting to be our highest paid player, followed by him only making about 15 appearances a season, and the fact that he doesn't even score goals anymore.

He's scored 8 goals this season, which makes him Newcastle's top goal scorer and would make him top goal scorer for six other teams (including Everton).

Michael Owen is busted goods. He peaked early, much like Fowler. His badly-treated injury screwed up his biggest strength - his incredible reaction speed and all he seems to have picked up from his time in Spain is a very annoying tendency to dive when he's in the box. Honestly, he's past it. Just lucky for him that he was so good to begin with cos even now he's past it he's still better than some Premier strikers.

Fowler was still fucking awesome when he came to Leeds... he was just shit after he tore his ACL (or whatever he did). I think Owen could still become a 15 goal a season man, but he needs to go to a club with top medics and he needs a manager who will nurture him back to becoming a good player (he'll never be as good as we all hoped). At Newcastle you get the impression it's a case of "You can walk now, Mike? Good, you're playing Saturday... OMG WTF Y U SO SHIT, U HAD ALL OF 3 DAYS TO GET UR FORM BACK!... oh great now you're injured again - what do you mean you weren't fully fit yet?"