Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

Word on the street is, we're not going to put in a bid for Cisse. Thank God.

Although I have a feeling it might a "one or the other" thing, with Cisse not coming they might keep Jones. As they "can't play together", mainly because they've just been really not very good as opposed to any type of clashes.

I think we could maybe cash in on Jones this summer, but that £14m from Spurs in January seems ridiculously good now. But he was actually somewhat decent then :(

Owen doesn't have the service to get the goals with Newcastle. Maybe with a good midfield and a half way consistent strike partner he might do ok for another season or two. Depending on his wage demands, I think he'd be good for Everton.

Holy crap, is it actually possible that WBA might not get relegated this season? They've just gone 2-1 up against Wigan.

I actually like Newcastle and I like Gareth Southgate, so I don't particularly want either of them to go down. Saying that, if WBA win they've won more games than either of them, so I'd like them to stay up. In an ideal world Blackburn and especially Hull would get relegated, but Blackburn are now 2-0 so they're pretty safe. Please get Hull out of the Premiership.

I feel so gutted that I've got to put up with another season of shitty Stoke. I'm close to hating them as much as I did Sheffield United when the whining Warnock was in charge. They're by far the most boring team I've watched throughout the entire season and I cant believe they're staying up :crying:

:)

Blame Allardyce. And Diouf. And Dunn. Yeah. But you have Samba, so some form of a counter-measure there. Still...concede three goals please.

Big Sam is a damn good manager, and Diouf being hated by everyone is no different to when we had Super Savage. Why the hate on Dunn? I have my own reasons but I am curious to yours. :shifty:

He has a ridiculously large head.

Hoping for wins to Spurs, Villa, Liverpool, WBA, Burnley and Leeds today.

I want WBA to stay up, dammit :(

So far, Spurs drew, Villa and Leeds lost :@

But at least WBA won!

And I thought my reasons were petty enough. >_>

I thought my reasons were fairly logical ¬_¬

Just out of curiousity, why do you hate him?

I've hated Diouf ever since he came to the Premiership, so it's not even a Blackburn thing.

Good to see Fulham edging closer to the Europa League places, Hodgson and co. deserve that. I almost feel sorry for Villa in the way their season has just collapsed in the last five months.

I feel so gutted that I've got to put up with another season of shitty Stoke. I'm close to hating them as much as I did Sheffield United when the whining Warnock was in charge. They're by far the most boring team I've watched throughout the entire season and I cant believe they're staying up :crying:

At least they're a proper team that has stayed true to their fans rather than whoring itself out to every American dollar or every Chinese yuan in search of the next batch of glory hunting good-time supporters.

David Dunn is, or was at the very least, a big headed cunt as soon as he got a bit of fame. Especially when he got his one England cap, after that he went downhill fast trying all these tricks and flicks in games which did us fuck all. Souness getting rid of him and for a good price considering his injury record was a great bit of business. Yet, you can't say shit about him with most Rovers fans because Dunn was a Blackburn fan as a kid.