Official Premiership 2008/09 thread

Lineker

I'd like to think that Villa will go all out for the win after losing 5th place to Everton recently. They'll want to finish above Everton if they can cos "next after the big four" is a big thing.

I dunno whether I'd rather have Newcastle win but Hull win against a weakened Man Utd team (so they go down complaining about only being relegated due to the weakened team) OR Hull lose but Newcastle lose too....

Basically I'm just relieved that Spurs aren't down there after the start we had.

I put a tenner on Newcastle to go down... do me proud lads. You've played crap all season, why change now?

I can just see the MOTD re-cap now... Newcastle, staring a goal-less draw in the face in the 3rd minute of injury time, get a penalty... Shearer puts himself on to take it and... misses.

Now wouldn't that be a truly perfect moment.

Shame it has absolutely zero chance of happening... but still. I can dream.

Still... if they go down I wouldn't mind taking Bassong off their hands. Or... no wait... that's about the only half-decent player they have. And I'm almost positive he was bought by accident. I reckon Mike Ashley just wanted Boumsong back, but Dennis Wise couldn't spell it.

Edited by deanitude

I put a tenner on Newcastle to go down... do me proud lads. You've played crap all season, why change now?

I can just see the MOTD re-cap now... Newcastle, staring a goal-less draw in the face in the 3rd minute of injury time, get a penalty... Shearer puts himself on to take it and... misses.

Still... if they go down I wouldn't mind taking Bassong off their hands. Or... no wait... that's about the only half-decent player they have. And I'm almost positive he was bought by accident. I reckon Mike Ashley just wanted Boumsong back, but Dennis Wise couldn't spell it.

I will have no more of this Viduka-bashing, Dukes could easily get in a Villa/Everton-calibre side.

Habib Beye is good too. Shame he's injured for the Villa game. Trouble is, any good players we sign almost automatically lose the ability to play football. Look at our squad on paper now and it isn't that bad, it just plays that way.

Just saw a little bit of the Dave Whelan interview on Sky Sports News, talking about possibly having some games' tickets free next season. It'd be nice to have a Chairman that wasn't a money grabbing twat. Or maybe a half decent team. I can dream...

Dave Whelan has always been somewhat of a lunatic. But I can't argue with his approach to season tickets. It costs £250 for the vast majority of Wigan season tickets (unless you go all out for the big expensive stuff) which exactly about £12.50 a game or something.

My local team charges £13. And they don't have Mido.

Manchester United season tickets cost me a kidney and half of my liver... so here's to Mr. Whelan (hopefully) starting a trend.

I hope Burnley do go up. I always like seeing teams that haven't come up and down a million times come up. Over the years I've much preferred the Barnsleys, Wigans, Bradfords, Hulls and Readings of this world than the Crystal Palaces, West Broms, Sunderlands and Berminghams.

That said, I didn't want Wolves to go up... Mostly due to Mick McCarthy being back in the Premier League for another year. :shifty:

I will have no more of this Viduka-bashing, Dukes could easily get in a Villa/Everton-calibre side.

Viduka's only any good because he needs a new contract at the end of the season so by playing well he can get a nice pay day. Then be injured for most of it, then come back near the end of his contract, play well and get another one.

Viduka's only any good because he needs a new contract at the end of the season so by playing well he can get a nice pay day. Then be injured for most of it, then come back near the end of his contract, play well and get another one.

Lies. He was also awesome last year... In fact, now I think about it, he's awesome most seasons from February/March onwards :shifty:

He still has a phenomenal touch and since he's come back Newcastle have looked a bit less shit. I'll admit that much, he's something different and has that little something that can set up another team out of the blue, which is what you need at the bottom.

As a Sunderland fan I know only too well how ineffective obvious football can do. Doesn't take much to see that a lack of skill means our players just run at opposition and get tackle, and a giant black guy up front obviously means we're going to play long ball the rest of the time. Yet oddly enough, when we get the ball down and play it. We're fine.