The All-Purpose Watchmen Thread *SPOILERS*

GoGo Yubari

Let's voting!  

71 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate it?

2. 2. This poll goes to eleven.

• Dammit GoGo we're never letting you do one of these again.
  3. 3. The length of the movie was...

• Too long!
    • Too short!
    • Juuuust right.
  4. 4. I, ________, recommend that you...

• Buy this movie on DVD the very second it comes out, in a Moloch the Mystic costume (because everyone else will be Rorschach).
    • Put it on your Netflix queue or just rent it from a store if you're that draconian.
    • Watch it on TV, the TNN edit should be phenominal.
    • Avoid, avoid, avoid.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god, The Spirit's trailer was like conversely one of the worst trailers for a comic book movie I've seen in forever. Why did Frank Miller turn The Octopus into Black Mugatu.

Actually, Samuel L. Jackson was about the only thing that perked me up about that trailer. At first, I was like "Hey, this looks cool" but within about 10 seconds I was like "Eh, it looks a little much. And why are they focusing on all these chicks I don't care about? Who plays The Spirit? Oh hey, Samuel L. Jackson, muthafucka!"

Upon seeing the awesome trailer twice at The Dark Knight, I thought the movie looked pretty bad ass so I decided to rent the graphic novel from the library and I've through three chapters, it's already an awesome read.

Also, does anyone know what the name of the song in the trailer is? Cause it kicks ass.

Isn't the song used in the trailer a remix though? Because I remember when it came out before (on the soundtrack for one of the Batman movies, ironically) and it didn't sound the same. It's still pretty awesome, though.

It's like I said, it's a different version from "The End Is The Beginning Is The End". It's called "The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning" and it's from TEITBITE's single CD. (Thank you wiki)

Christ, I was excited about this as soon as I saw Snyder was attached - but that trailer has me reaching near Dark Knight levels of hype. Can't wait to check this one out.

I'd heard nothing about this movie until I saw the trailer and now can safely say it's the most anticipated film for me that will come out next year. (granted, it's the only one I know of)

Visually it looked pretty cool, but since I haven't ever read or even heard of Watchmen before, I'm not really that hyped about it. I might have to take a look at the novel though.

Star Trek is due this Christmas, if I am not mistaken.

Just finished reading the book for the first time, and was thoroughly impressed, really enjoyed it. The trailer looked good, but now that I can put it into context, I'm gonna start being excited about this film too, pity it's so far away :(

In other news, Watchmen games are apparently on the horizon, to tie in with the film.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111798935...yid=13&cs=1

I also heard that the director is filming the "Tales of the Black Freighter" side-story along with Watchmen, but instead of putting it into the movie, it's going to be released on DVD the same week that Watchmen comes out in theaters. Of course, I've also heard that it'll end up being bundled with the movie once it comes out on DVD too so it'll be interesting to see how many of the die-hards will pick it up, how many will wait and how many will outright ignore it, not knowing what it is.

I also heard that the director is filming the "Tales of the Black Freighter" side-story along with Watchmen, but instead of putting it into the movie, it's going to be released on DVD the same week that Watchmen comes out in theaters. Of course, I've also heard that it'll end up being bundled with the movie once it comes out on DVD too so it'll be interesting to see how many of the die-hards will pick it up, how many will wait and how many will outright ignore it, not knowing what it is.

It's going to be animated.

Trailer looked great, and I will probably be reading the book soon. Even though I am well aware of pretty much the whole plot, it's still something I want to check out.