UEFA Champions League 08/09

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bwahahaha, Drogba yelling into the camera was hilarious. Thank god Barcelona are through, decent game a football in the Champions League Final now! I feel sorry for Hiddink and Essien but Chelsea time-wasted to a 0-0 at Nou Camp and then time-wasted some more today, so, yay. Football wins.

What a bunch of whining bastards Chelsea are. So glad they're out after tonight, I had wanted them to win but I don't want a repeat of last year and despite the absence of Alves & Abidal, Barca will be a stronger side for Man Utd to deal with. Maybe Alves being out is a good thing as he was appalling tonight.

The referee was poor tonight, but the way Ballack & Drogba carried on was atrocious, both deservedly booked. They can moan about the penalty calls all they want, all they had to do was defend for the last 2 minutes and they didn't do it. And I've no sympathy for Chelsea because come on, after this season a top 3 finish and an FA Cup Final (and expected (but hopefully not) victory is certainly nothing to be upset about.

Cracking goals by Essien & Iniesta, I stuck with my prediction of 1-1 throughout but I can't believe it took Barcelona 92 minutes just to get a shot on target! Very surprising, as was the decision not to make any changes until the 86th minute.

Roll on May 27th now, should be a cracking final-the undisputed best team in England versus the undisputed best team in Spain.

Essien should have seen red for that foul on Iniesta

Dodgy ref aside. Chelski didn't know how to close it. And Drogba blew a dozen 100% chances

But still. Its Chelsea. So i cant feel bad for them. The match could have been written by Steven Spielberg :)

Chelsea were architects of their own downfall. They were lauded for their defensive display in the first leg, but by sticking everyone bar Drogba (and then Anelka) behind the ball at home, even when Barca went down to 10 men, was just asking for trouble.

Holy shit, Hiddink is trying to defend his players behavior because they didn't actually touch him.

Sums the club up.

And they can fuck off with this "ooh he refs in Norway so he's not used to this." Fuck off you biased twats. Because almost every single referee that is based in England, Italy and Spain have games that are even worse than that, so the league you're based in doesn't matter.

Edited by therockbox

Bwahaha I love Ballack. Referee should have just stopped dead though, that would have been awesome to see.

Wish I'd watched this match, although going to see Wolverine probably did end up being an acceptable excuse.

Since they should of had at least one penalty (two or three maybe), I did feel sorry for Chelsea...

Right until they turned into a buch of spoilt children. That was an absolute disgrace. First Balack screaming at the ref for twenty yards (seemingly doing the 'not touching you, can't get mad!' with his hands, though fair play to the ref for ignoring him). Then the entire team surround him bitching and Drogba come charging in screaming at the ref, pushing security staff out the way and seemingly wanting to lamp the ref.

Yes, you're annoyed about the decision, yes the ref had a few bad calls but what they did was shocking. Chelsea showed right there how little class they really have.

I agree, it's not like they're the first team to suffer from some questionable refereeing decisions and lose to an injury time goal. Drogba, Ballack and co. are supposed to be professionals of the highest order, but they didn't conduct themselves as such and Drogba's persistence after the whistle could've easily earnt him a red card, as could Ballack. I didn't see Lampard doing any of this childish whining, in fact what I did see was a show of respect, swapping shirts with his opposite number who scored the winning goal.