Batman: Arkham Asylum Video Game

Reddaye

It's Ramon Salazar! :o

Oooh, they got Joaquim de Almeida to reprise his role from The Batman? I definitely thought he was an example of that series really nailing a role.

EDIT: Also just watched the Ivy video and awesome, that's Diane Pershing reprising her role as Poison Ivy, isn't it? Not a huge fan of the hair, though. Generally the one thing that isn't working for me about this game is the character designs for the rogues gallery.

Actually I was just pointing out how Poison Ivy looks exactly like the boss from RE4, with except with plants instead of las plagas things.

Oh man I want a PS3 just so I can play as The Joker

I heard that the Joker stuff might come to 360 as DLC at some stage. It'll probably cost if it does but better than nothing.

And now for something completely different.

highresscreenshot00005r.jpg

SWEET CHIN MUSIC!

I was at Gamestop the other day, and saw that they had a demo set up on a Playstation 3. So, since there weren't any kids on it I figured I would give it a shot and here are some of the thoughts I have from playing through what I was guessing was more of a "combat oriented" challenge game mode. The free flow combat was just sick and did what it is meant to do and that is flow smoothly. With me only having to worry about pressing Square to attack regularly, Circle to stun with the cape, and Triangle when blue lines popped around one of the enemies heads for a counter attack, it gave me the sense of maybe a "too simplistic" control scheme as I would loved to see different buttons for Heavy and Light attacks and maybe placed either the counter or stun attack on the shoulder buttons as the triggers aren't used(R1 was regulated to batarangs which I didn't test out as it was mainly an up close and personal fight). I didn't understand how to preform a takedown at first, but then I got the hang of it I pulled out some very nice results. The graphics looked stunning as well while in action, but I noticed that some of the graphics and gameplay mechanics could use some polish(the targeting system mainly), but I have no doubt that those will be polished before the release date.

Overall: It was fast paced, brutal, and fun. I would have rather gotten a chance to try out the predator gameplay, but the free flow combat was a nice thing to take a look at.

I just caught up with all the hype (I didn't want to see until I watched The Dark Knight) and this game looks like the next big game for me! :D

Can't wait for it to come out now. August doesn't seem too long away.

I just caught up with all the hype (I didn't want to see until I watched The Dark Knight) and this game looks like the next big game for me! :D

Can't wait for it to come out now. August doesn't seem too long away.

and there's always Ghostbusters in a few weeks to help pass the time :D

15 minute demo: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

Pretty awesome. I liked the Matrix-esque fighting. It seems a little too easy, but I assume it gets a lot harder. And there will probably be difficulty settings. The game environment looks awesome. I could easily get lost in it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First 10 minutes of the game. (This video is a must see. The atmosphere in this game is off the charts)

Think of a great superhero game. No, not a good one — there are plenty of those around — but one as essential as, say, Grand Theft Auto IV or BioShock. You’re struggling, right? That’s because there aren’t any. Or rather there weren’t any until Batman: Arkham Asylum came along. After an extensive hands-on, exploring the majority of the enormous Arkham Island – we’ve come to the conclusion that not only is this Batman’s best game to date, but quite possibly the best superhero game ever made. A bold claim, but one we think you’ll agree with the moment you take your first tentative steps into the foreboding darkness of Gotham’s legendary loony bin.

http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/batman-a...091217244586002

Someone convince me it would be stupid to wait a year or so until I get a PS3 so I can play as the Joker. I mean man it looks so awesome, but Joker! :w00t:

It's basically 6 challenge maps where you beat up wave after wave of guards or try and take down armed guards with stealth, so if you're into that, then wait, otherwise don't. The main game is over 12 hours long if you just blow through the game and forget about the Riddler's riddles (there's over 200) and all the other hidden stuff.

Edited by abundant

Someone convince me it would be stupid to wait a year or so until I get a PS3 so I can play as the Joker. I mean man it looks so awesome, but Joker! :w00t:

It's basically 6 challenge maps where you beat up wave after wave of guards or try and take down armed guards with stealth, so if you're into that, then wait, otherwise don't. The main game is over 12 hours long if you just blow through the game and forget about the Riddler's riddles (there's over 200) and all the other hidden stuff.

Yeah I am not into that. But still Joker! I hope they wait a bit and hit me with some sweet DLC action