NCAA Footbal 09 Season Thread

HailtotheYo

Both teams are trying to disguise the fact that they don't have a QB for shit. Short passes ect open up the defense and allow you to somewhat cover a shitty QB.

Unfortunately, the Vols have more problems than just a shitty QB (and that problem may be solved since Stephens started instead of Crompton last week; Crompton needs to ride the pine until he graduates); the field goal kicker is lousy and the new offensive coordinator doesn't seem to be very good.

Jonathan Crompton is either a Rex Grossman in the NFL clone or a reverse Chad Pennington (ie, has good arm strength but can't hit the broadside of the barn), but worse.

To be fair, a few players have also dropped some passes they clearly should have caught during the first few games, and the kicker missed a few field goals that should have been fairly easy to hit (If the kicking had been better, Tennessee probably would have beaten UCLA), so its not all Crompton's fault.

Incidentally, the athletic director "suggested" Fulmer start Stephens this past week, and we all know what a "suggestion" from a boss is. Knowing Fulmer, I wouldn't be surprised if he had started Crompton if Hamilton (the AD) hadn't said something.

Unfortunately, the Vols have more problems than just a shitty QB (and that problem may be solved since Stephens started instead of Crompton last week; Crompton needs to ride the pine until he graduates); the field goal kicker is lousy and the new offensive coordinator doesn't seem to be very good.

Well, to be fair, at the start of the season everyone didn't know that. The O-Line was supposed to be the best UT's had in quite a while. The D is actually not playing that badly but is continually being put in compromising positions and on the field more than they need to be.

Crompton is terrible. Wow, horrid. I feel bad for Foster because he can and does run very hard.

In all honesty, Fulmer needs to go. End of story.

Is it wrong for me to say I have loved Michigan all my life but I love OSU more than them this year thanks to Pryor

oh and nice sig Chase

Yes because Terrelle Pryor is an asshole.

And before anyone asks...

He played for Jeannette High School, my high school's #1 rival. I am obliged to hate anyone who plays for that team. Not only that but the kid just exudes arrogance. I know people who've had contact with him that will tell you that there is not one ounce of humility in that kid's body.

I need some advice for my college pick 'em this week. Who should win between LSU at Florida I can't be open minded about this due to my hatred for LSU and man crush for Tebow ( :wub: ) and my only logical reasoning would be Florida, since I typically always take (the top 6) SEC home teams at night. And does anyone else think Miss St COULD possibly be a trap game for Vandy?

So, Auburn fired their offensive coordinator..

LSU should win. They are a better team. Harvin is hurt and the backfield is messed up as well. LSU has more than enough speed to keep up. LSU for the W.

Miss St could be a trap game, but Vandy is making me a believer the more I watch them. I'll take Vandy in this one.

Is it wrong for me to say I have loved Michigan all my life but I love OSU more than them this year thanks to Pryor

oh and nice sig Chase

just proves you aren't a true Michigan fan.

You don't even know the half of it

Last year my brother gained the 3rd most rushing yards in Michigan high school history, and what does Michigan do...they tell him that they are going to offer him during the winter but keep it on the low. Then they come around and don't offer him because he is only 5'6". Now he is a redshirt at Cincinnatti just waiting for next year to come so he can show them what they missed out on. That is what started my strange love for OSU this year. I like Michigan, but I can never say I love them again (even though odds are I will go back to hating OSU after this year)

Michigan's probably got bigger things to worry about...like how to beat Toledo. Because holy fuck, that's a bad defeat.

Props to Texas, too. I didn't even expect Mack's boys to do it today, but they kicked Oklahoma's ass. That's a dangerous team right there.

I'm surprised at Texas, figured a lack of a true running game would do them in. Stoops didn't make them pay for it. That's his fault. Congrats Horns.

Ugh, I really hate picking games involving Mich St (and Wisc as well actually). But holy shit, MSU fucks me two ways from Sunday every damned week. Seriously, I demand that ESPN removes them from the Pick'em from now on.

and OMG seriously, LOL Michigan ... holy God. I know Rod will get it going, but I hope it's piled on this year .... fuck Michigan. And yeah, I'm liking Penn St's chances at OSU after what I saw today.

Yeah, I was worried about PSU going into OSU, but we're handling Wisconsin well right now at 24-7, and a win against Michigan at home is always good no matter how bad they are (can't get too confident, though. Michigan has ruined it for us before.)

ESPN360 is the shit. I've never bothered looking into it until this year. I haven't missed any Penn State games between TV and ESPN360. (H)

Ahem. 31-7

Make that 38 41

And the second half seems to big big play after big play for Penn State.

So if LSU and Mizzou lose, could PSU jump to #2 behind Texas?

Edited by Whoo

'Bama has to be #1 after this week. Texas should be #2. PSU will more then likely be third unless they do something wacky and leap frog someone a bunch of spots....

I'm actually interested to see what the pollsters do this Monday. First off 8-11 currently go as followed; USC, BYU, Georgia, Florida. USC has that embarassing loss against Oregon State, BYU is undefeated (though arguably untested), Georgia's only loss is to the number one ranked team in the country, and Florida just defeated the #3 team in the country by 30 points. Because USC is USC, I seriously doubt they will get jumped, but the people behind them have an impressive resume that USC simply does not.

Edited by MikelSweeten

'Bama has to be #1 after this week. Texas should be #2. PSU will more then likely be third unless they do something wacky and leap frog someone a bunch of spots....

I'm actually interested to see what the pollsters do this Monday. First off 8-11 currently go as followed; USC, BYU, Georgia, Florida. USC has that embarassing loss against Oregon State, BYU is undefeated (though arguably untested), Georgia's only loss is to the number one ranked team in the country, and Florida just defeated the #3 team in the country by 30 points. Because USC is USC, I seriously doubt they will get jumped, but the people behind them have an impressive resume that USC simply does not.

See, I don't agree with this. 'Bama should stay right where they are. #2. Texas should jump to #1. 3/4 both lost, and 'Bama didn't do anything to improve their status (and actually, Clemson HURT it). 'Bama didn't beat the number one team in the nation, Texas did. Texas is #1. 'Bama is #2. Penn State should be #3. Unfortunately we're going to see Texas Tech at #4 or #5 and that's the biggest croc of shit so far this season. Nebraska has played well this year, but is a decent team at best. Tech is going to get shit on when it plays an actual good team. Whatever though, it is what it is, and we'll see Tech in the top five. USC will round it out and to me, it's rightfully so unless you're going to do the right thing and put BYU in there. That won't happen, they'll be #6. USC's loss to Oregon State really isn't that bad when you consider that A) the Beavs have USC's number in recent years, and B) two of the Beavs 3 losses are to currently undefeated teams.

Personally I think that LSU was a bit overrated (they have no fucking QB and their WR's can't catch a fucking cold). Florida finally played to their potential. The problem with that, is that for the moment, this game is NOT the norm for UF this season. They've got a bad loss to Ole Miss AT HOME hanging on them. They need another win like this one to get me to agree.

I feel that (for at least a week) we should see Ok St jump up huge here. I'd personally put them at #7 or so, but they'll probably end up at #9 at best. Ohio State is going to jump back into things despite another lackluster effort. And yeah, I'm DROOLING at the night that PSU goes into the Horseshoe and rapes the sweatervest.