NCAA Footbal 09 Season Thread

HailtotheYo

Yeah, let Texas Tech have their top five spot for the week. They'll lose two or three times this year and end up in that 17-25 area like they usually do. And I agree with HTTK on Texas jumping over Alabama. Just because Alabama was #2 shouldn't mean they automatically move up. Texas was #5 and beat the #1 team. They should be the #1, with Alabama staying at #2, and Penn State at #3.

See, I don't agree with this. 'Bama should stay right where they are. #2. Texas should jump to #1. 3/4 both lost, and 'Bama didn't do anything to improve their status (and actually, Clemson HURT it). 'Bama didn't beat the number one team in the nation, Texas did. Texas is #1. 'Bama is #2. Penn State should be #3. Unfortunately we're going to see Texas Tech at #4 or #5 and that's the biggest croc of shit so far this season. Nebraska has played well this year, but is a decent team at best. Tech is going to get shit on when it plays an actual good team. Whatever though, it is what it is, and we'll see Tech in the top five. USC will round it out and to me, it's rightfully so unless you're going to do the right thing and put BYU in there. That won't happen, they'll be #6. USC's loss to Oregon State really isn't that bad when you consider that A) the Beavs have USC's number in recent years, and B) two of the Beavs 3 losses are to currently undefeated teams.

Personally I think that LSU was a bit overrated (they have no fucking QB and their WR's can't catch a fucking cold). Florida finally played to their potential. The problem with that, is that for the moment, this game is NOT the norm for UF this season. They've got a bad loss to Ole Miss AT HOME hanging on them. They need another win like this one to get me to agree.

I feel that (for at least a week) we should see Ok St jump up huge here. I'd personally put them at #7 or so, but they'll probably end up at #9 at best. Ohio State is going to jump back into things despite another lackluster effort. And yeah, I'm DROOLING at the night that PSU goes into the Horseshoe and rapes the sweatervest.

Alabama beat then # 1 Georgia on the road. Texas beat then # 1 Oklahoma in TEXAS. Alabama should be # 1.

See, I don't agree with this. 'Bama should stay right where they are. #2. Texas should jump to #1. 3/4 both lost, and 'Bama didn't do anything to improve their status (and actually, Clemson HURT it). 'Bama didn't beat the number one team in the nation, Texas did. Texas is #1. 'Bama is #2. Penn State should be #3. Unfortunately we're going to see Texas Tech at #4 or #5 and that's the biggest croc of shit so far this season. Nebraska has played well this year, but is a decent team at best. Tech is going to get shit on when it plays an actual good team. Whatever though, it is what it is, and we'll see Tech in the top five. USC will round it out and to me, it's rightfully so unless you're going to do the right thing and put BYU in there. That won't happen, they'll be #6. USC's loss to Oregon State really isn't that bad when you consider that A) the Beavs have USC's number in recent years, and B) two of the Beavs 3 losses are to currently undefeated teams.

Personally I think that LSU was a bit overrated (they have no fucking QB and their WR's can't catch a fucking cold). Florida finally played to their potential. The problem with that, is that for the moment, this game is NOT the norm for UF this season. They've got a bad loss to Ole Miss AT HOME hanging on them. They need another win like this one to get me to agree.

I feel that (for at least a week) we should see Ok St jump up huge here. I'd personally put them at #7 or so, but they'll probably end up at #9 at best. Ohio State is going to jump back into things despite another lackluster effort. And yeah, I'm DROOLING at the night that PSU goes into the Horseshoe and rapes the sweatervest.

Alabama beat then # 1 Georgia on the road. Texas beat then # 1 Oklahoma in TEXAS. Alabama should be # 1.

Georgia was #3 when we beat them, weren't they?

correct you are because USC jumped over Georgia after the first week and Oklahoma jumped over them not long after

Georgia was #3 in the ESPN poll. I'm not certain where they were in any of the other polls, though.

That's the only one that really matters much anyway, I mean, who cares what USA Today feels about College Football?

'Bama staying at 2 seems fair to me. Apparantly, they moved us to 4 on Saturday, but that couldn't have been the official poll, it was released before Oklahoma, Texas, Mizzou, LSU, ect. ect. played. Besides, it's supposed to come out weekly, the week wasn't over.

You make me laugh at that, seriously. Obviously you aren't from anywhere NEAR Texas and/or Oklahoma. If you think for a moment that the game being in Dallas gives Texas any kind of edge at all, you're more than dead wrong. It could be that it's pretty much dead in the middle between the schools, that the ticket allotment is dead even, or that the Sooner roster is 45-55% Texan but that in no way shape or form was a home game or home stadium for the Longhorns. I've been to the game more than once, the last thing it is, is a Longhorn favorable setting.

Also, as has been stated, Georgia was not #1.

I remember being surprised by all the cheers for Texas, because Oklahoma where wearing Home Jerseys. Had no idea they were playing in Dallas. Speaking of which, hailtotheking, congrats on yesterday. (Y)

Also, you guys should be happy to know that Texas Tech is only at 7, I beleive retaining their spot, but I wouldn't know.

Edited by Zeel1

Dallas is actually closer to Norman than Austin by 7 miles, so I fail to see Naiwf's point. Yeah, it's great to be number 1 right now, but really? Are we really arguing who should be number 1 in mid October? Texas is number 1, and I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

*Poses with my Texas-Mizzou tix for next week*

Edited by y2jerichoholic

Holy hell, I'm surprised that the poll looks like it does. Wow. No problem with the first four really.

Meh UF at #5 but whatever, I'm just glad to see Tech staying put and OkSt jumping huge. I guess the AP heard me and compromised :lol:

BYU at #9 is good as well. I like that Ohio St is being held back a bit thanks to iffy play. Utah and Boise being in striking distance makes me happy as well. Meh VT ....

as for you good sir ^ you've got one hot fucking ticket. I just hope that Ok St didn't doom you by beating Mizzou and waking them up. Can Tex really get by two top teir teams without a true running game ? Dangerous line to walk.

See, that right there tells you that there is WAY more going on with Clemson than just Bowden. Some of us remember where Clemson was when Bowden took over. How quickly they forget. Yes, he has been known to underachieve HOWEVER, the simple fact that they've become "underachievers" tells you what he's done there. I feel bad for both Bowden and the program ... I've always liked them, but now they're as clusterfucked as all hell.

Part of me wants to love Alabama's ranking, and part of me knows the bitter truth that our ranking has spoiled us. In the first half, Bama has been a powerhouse most of the year, among the best in the country. But then the second half rolls through, and the guys forget what they're on the field to do. DOMINATE THE FUCKING GAME! It's a shame the team blows other teams out of the water in the first half, then struggles to hold on as the game finishes.

If games were judged merely by first-half performance, then we deserve our #2 ranking. But it's not, and I hardly believe we do. We've been a top-ranked team, solely based on survival. NOT domination, but mere survival.