Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

The website prices are generally different from the store prices for most retailers.

Yeah, I noticed that a couple of weeks back, with ASDA too...

Instore, the price for Dark Sector (relatively old, I know) was £39.97 for the 360...didn't have it in for PS3. When I went on the ASDA site later that day, I found it for £9.93 delivered to my door. Naturally, I picked it up. Still haven't played it though. I blame FIFA/Saints Row 2/TMW buying a PS3 and GTA. :shifty:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, it takes about an hour to connect to the internet and the product key to be registered. I finally get there and start a new game, I save the new game and exit cos i've gotta use the printer for something. When I try and go back into the game I can only go back in via Steam and I'm stuck on entering the Product Code again!!!! FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!!

Has anyone managed to activate using soft anchor yet? It keeps telling me that I'm not connected to the internet, but clearly I am. SI Forums are down, although I'm hardly surprised right now. I'm not impressed as I only bought this game because I didn't want to wait until April for CM09.

Edited by destroyed

Bob - have you tried just going through fm.exe in windows instead of via Steam? Not sure it'll help, but it's something to try. Or maybe try running Steam in offline mode?

And yeah, it looks like they've completely underestimated demand for this and the authentication servers are taking a right fucking. As well as SI's site.

EDIT: Looks like I'm lucky to have authenticated when I did then (about 11.30am this morning I think). If the servers were working as they were with me then it's a really straightforward and hassle free procedure; took me about 5 minutes to install and activate. Hopefully they'll get it sorted soon.

Edited by Scott McFly

Fuck about this SoftAnchor thing is a load of bollocks. Is it some kind of scam to get you to phone up that ridiculously expensive premium number to register the game?

EDIT: Also, does the fact that the SIGames website is down have something to do with it not working?

Edited by brenchill

Bob - have you tried just going through fm.exe in windows instead of via Steam? Not sure it'll help, but it's something to try. Or maybe try running Steam in offline mode?

Yeah, just tried both of those, still no luck. Grrrrr!

Only other thing I can suggest is to try it with Steam in offline mode and your net switched off completely or registering by phone (which probably isn't working too great either). Other than that it sounds like you'll just have to wait until the load on the SoftAnchor servers go down.

EDIT: Apparantly Sega have said this:

"SEGA are aware that there have been some problems with the activation of Football Manager 2009 today. This has been due to a combination of issues relating to the printing of keycodes and the huge demand for the game

A solution is in place and is starting to clear the problem, we are confident that the issue will be solved today. The chances of successful authentication are increasing hourly. At this point consumers still experiencing difficulties are advised to leave a 10 minute gap between authentication attempts.

SEGA apologises for the disappointment caused by the problems with activating the game and asks for Football Manager fans to remain patient."

So hopefully things will be looking up by tonight/tomorrow.

Edited by Scott McFly