Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

Fucking hell. So, that cup tie with Padova. They scored in the 6th minute, so I fiddled with my tactics slightly, and after that we were playing decent football, having a few chances, and generally looking like we might do something. Then my playmaker striker got injured, so I had to bring a MC on (I only have (had) two fit strikers in the entire squad) and play him slightly deeper.

In the 4th minute (4:03 to be precise) of four minutes of added time at the end of the game, we get a corner and it's scrambled into the net after a huge clusterfuck, by none other than the MC playing up front. Glorious. Seriously one of the biggest mark out moments of FM since the good ol' days of 01/02. Extra time now...

Edit: Awwww. It wasn't to be. Half way through extra time, striker midfielder gets injured (leading to the enfuriating scenario where I have to play with 10 men due to using up all of my subs and having someone else stretchered off. This happens FAR TOO FUCKING MUCH in this game, and what makes it even more infuriating is when your two other subs were forced due to injury as well!). Anyway, later on they counter-attacked, and my ten men were caught short and they scored a pretty awesome breakaway goal to steal the win. I'm not too worried though, we're only in this round because we stole the game off Taranto, and we were only in extra time because we robbed Padova in normal time. :P

Despite the bitch of a fixture list recently, I'm still unbeaten in 7 games. Although that could very well go tits up against Ravenna next.

Awww... the defender that made the error that led to the initial Padova goal is pouring his heart out in the media, saying that he's distraught and I'd have every right to drop him. I feel kinda mean, because he will be dropped, but only because he was covering for the club captain's injury in the first place...

Edit: Yes! 0-0 with Ravenna. Still undefeated. If I can get through the injury crisis (seriously, it's a crisis. I've had to call on three under 20's players, and not just to fill up the subs bench) and remain undefeated, I'll be happy with that. Although next up I have to play the bottom club, the second bottom club and the fourth bottom club, so... maybe I should expect *something* better...

Edited by Farmer Reil

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, someone mind telling me how to access the editor?

I installed this with STEAM, can only access it through STEAM and I can't find the editor the usual way.

Wanna go in and change the fake files and make some changes (Beckham to AC Milan) before starting some EPIC games. The only files I can find in the Program Files folder would be the uninstall ones though.

Feel free to call me 'Pants on head' RETARDED if you wish, but this has gone from one of the easiest games to mod to a pain in the arse.

Cheers.

I start up a new game as Q.P.R and three days into the game Newcastle is taken over by Polish billionaires.

They go on to spend £63m that season (without selling anyone) and finishing up 5th

Now they've spent another £70m (still without selling anyone)

Why do good things happen to the teams i'd usually manage but decided to switch for once >_<

Newcastle have spent another 40 Million in the January transfer market and are currently joint-leaders in the Premiership

:( That's the sandbox game I'd want to play as >_<

EDIT: Oh btw I've just discovered a huge glitch. Right after a boring draw with Everton (0-0) I get a report saying Everton received a controversial penalty in the 87th minute during the (1-1) draw with Everton. I say it wasn't a penalty (considering there WASN'T A PENALTY) and get an FA fine.

Edited by The General

Polish Billionaires lol that made me laugh. Yeah on my one of the directors took over.

Finally decided to restart my game after the chaos of my sister shutting the computer down while FM was loaded grrrrrr so hopefully i can catch up to where i was before. Atleast i've played my 1st game after that event (Still not happy with her) i done better instead of beating Motherwell 2-1 in the 2nd leg i beat them 2-0 yay <_< still a win's a win and Huntelaar got two.

Only just clocked on too that i only missed 2 matches in the save too so Got Man.U in a minute in the Press Conference they asked who will target Ronaldo...My reply Corluka my additional comment...Corluka will keep him in his backpocket. So hopefully i won't have to eat my words lol

Edited by davidmarrio

YES! Get the fuck in! Haha. 2nd in the Championship and on an awesome league cup run. Played 3 shite teams and then got Reading in the last 16 (with 15 other PL clubs), beat them 2-0. Last 8, get Bolton, beat them 4-1 away from home. Semi-finals. I get Scum, I figure I'm going to get slaughtered.

First leg they play their reserves. They go 2 up in 10 minutes and I thought it was all over already. Then Delph scores a 25 yard screamer just before half time before Michael Mifsud gets a second on the hour mark. Not bad, I think 2-2 draw at OT, makes the cup run worth it... Second leg they put out Rooney, Tevez, Ferdinand, Vidic, Ronaldo, etc: Almost entirely their first team. They can't score, they pile pressure on but they can't score and I look like going through on away goals but obviously I'm still shitting myself as one goal and I'm out. All of a sudden 89th minute, Vidic free kick, intercepted by Richardson, long ball forward to Mifsud who's racing through and he slots it past De Sanctis. :D

Amazing.

Well, after taking over Harland & Wolff Welders in January 2009, I've managed to lead them to two historic away victories against NIP sides in the Northern Irish Cup! Absolutely stoked, and now we have a home tie against a NI1 side in the quarters.

Sitting in seventh in the NI2, but should hopefully be able to push towards a top four or five finish.

Proud of my team for getting a point off the scum after a piss poor first half with Gomes looking like the only player wanting to win. Changed my tactics to my attacking formation with 2 Attacking Wingers and took off Lennon and O'Hara for Bent and Huddlestone, (Pandev moved to AMR, Huddlestone to MC with Veloso and Modric AML)

Team looked more like the Tottenham i've been seeing and Veloso scored screamer of a freekick, Hunteelar hit the bar and Corluka gets injured so on comes Zokora and 5 minutes added time...They injure Modric who could inspire a last minute goal so 10 men for 5 minutes...Results didn't go my way

Table after 7 games:

1st; Newcastle 19pts

2nd; Arsenal 19pts

3rd; Man.City 16pts

4th; Man.Utd 15pts

5th; Blackburn 15pts

6th; Me 14pts

7th; Everton 13pts

8th; Liverpool 13pts

9th; Chelsea 11pts

Well, after taking over Harland & Wolff Welders in January 2009, I've managed to lead them to two historic away victories against NIP sides in the Northern Irish Cup! Absolutely stoked, and now we have a home tie against a NI1 side in the quarters.

Sitting in seventh in the NI2, but should hopefully be able to push towards a top four or five finish.

What's your secret? My strikers can never bloody score with H&W.