• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, so as promised, here's my team and stuff. Transfers:

In

Paulo Ferreira - 1.4m (hardly played, but 1.4m for him as back-up is awesome)

Alex (left winger from Internacional - not the other two :shifty:) - 7.75m - bit steep seeing as he's hardly played either, he's probably good enough to start, but he won't unless somebody gets injured, so yeah

Miguel Veloso - 12m (he's been as good as you'd expect)

Kevin Davies - 4.4m (yeah... I looked at his stats and decided he'd be good back-up for Pav... but he's fucking awful)

Rafael Carioca - 3m (hasn't played much but he's developing surely enough, so he might start to challenge Huddlestone or Veloso soon)

[January] David Luiz - 9.75m (ideally he'll grow while being secondary to King and Corluka after I sold Woodgate, apparently he's better than King but he keeps getting booked so I'm nervous)

[January] Martin Fenin - 1.1m loan (because Bent was shit and Campbell wasn't great - Fenin basically saved me - something like 6 goals in 14. Not bad at all. Won't get him full-time though because I don't need yet another young player)

[2nd summer] Rodrigo Palacio (and loads of youngsters but typing them out will anihilate this post. Anyway, I need him to play off of Pav, hopefully he won't be shit)

Out

Ricardo Rocha - 1.5m to Birmingham

Didier Zokora - 3.8m to Bolton

[January] Woodgate - 10m to Villa (didn't really wanna sell him but he was the worst performing out of himself, King and Corluka, so I wasn't gonna say no to 10m)

[January] Jamie O'Hara - 5m to Everton - buy-back clause of 7.5m in case he becomes immense - wanted to keep him but he never got played so I thought this could be a good idea

[January] Aaron Lennon - 5m to Bolton - biggest mismatch ever? Anyway, buy-back clause of 7.5m again in case he becomes immense - needed to choose between him and dos Santos and dos Santos got there most recently so felt better selling Lennon

[2nd summer] Assou-Ekotto - 4m to Everton - tried to get rid of him repeatedly throughout the first season - nobody wanted him

[2nd summer] Michael Dawson - 7.25m to Sunderland - yeah, don't get it either

[2nd summer] Darren Bent - 10m to Chelsea - good riddance

Got Sturridge and Macauley Chrisantus on frees too, but neither of them fancy a loan move, which is annoying. Starting line-up:

GK: Gomes (he's so awesome on this game)

DR: Alan Hutton (solid)

DL: Gareth Bale (awesome)

DC: Corluka (awesome)

DC: King (wasn't happy that I stripped him of his captaincy... he's only here until Luiz gets better)

MR: Bentley (good... but I need to get more assists out of him and Modric)

ML: Modric (good... 7 PL goals... but not nearly enough assists... oh yeah, new captain)

MC: Huddlestone (played well occassionally, didn't make any massive mistakes, I'm just playing him so he becomes good eventually)

MC: Veloso (vice captain... he's good enough)

FC: Pavlyuchenko (something like 22 goals last season... most of them headers... but he dried up a few times and that fucked me over)

FC: Palacio (he better fucking score)

Hopefully that team's good enough for Europe, since that's what I promised my board. We'll see.

What year are you in?

My team for 10/11 is:

GK: Gomes

DR: Hutton

DL: Bale

DC: Corluka

DC: Jagielka © (signed him in Jan 09, so he's been with us for 2 years now)

DM: Leonardo Ponzio

MR: Bentley

ML: Downing

AMC: Kranjcar

AMC: Matias Fernandez

ST: Pavlyuchenko

And back ups of Jamie Ashdown, Gunter, King (now vice captain, but he's injured for 8 months after tearing knee ligaments >_>), Gojko Kacar (23 year old Serbian international DM/DC), Matt Kidd (18 year old regen right mid who I bought from MK Dons for 275k, REALLY good, 7 star potential), O'Hara, Steven Fletcher, Artem Milevskyi (probably be main striker if Pav goes out of form and/or he fully adapts to English soccer), Zokora, Huddlestone, Erik Edman (:w00t:), Lee Cattermole, dos Santos, Jaime Gavilan and Jack Rodwell (19 year old 6 star potential DC/DM from Everton, future captain probably).

I.FUCKING.HATE.MY.DEFENSE.

How in the fuck do you magically decide to become leaker than the Titantic with 10 minutes left in the match, when you're at fucking home. Seriously 2-0 up, throw on a defensive midfielder in Kompany then Portsmouth runs through them like swiss cheese.

Nothings wrong with my game.

Well i beat Goteborg 5-0, Chelsea drew 1-1 after battering them, Drew with Man.City 4-4 in Carling Cup but won 5-4 on penalties. It would be Roman P who gets goals when i'm selling him in January grrrr....and again he does it against Man.City in Prem 2-2 so i'm hanging in there for challenging for the champions league spot and nearly on my way to Carling Cup final. Waiting to see if i play Newcastle or Man.Utd

I haven't been having any of the problems that you guys seem to be having with tactics etc.

What is it exactly that's going wrong for you guys?

Richard Dunne and Pablo Zabaleta are fat choking fucks.

I'm 9th in the Premier League yet breezing through to the Final 8 of the UEFA Cup. <_<

EDIT: Oh and I'm Canadian so I really have no clue what I'm doing.

EDIT2: I wish I was joking when I say we blew another 2-0 lead on home. But I'm not. FUCK!

Edited by Clawson

Isaac Osbourne has just become legendary in my new Coventry game. First game of the season, and we lose to Charlton 2-0, both Osbourne own goals.

Despite this, he still gets man of the match. And they weren't "it just happened to hit him last on the way to the net" type of own goals either. One was a mis-hit clearance off the line (the ball was rolling from right to left just outside the goal, it probably wouldn't have gone in if he'd left it, and Todorov was miles away). The second was a header from a corner.

Edited by Farmer Reil

So, I resigned from Newcastle 10 gmaes into the season. Had origingally decided to stay on for another year, but Roma bid £22.5m for one of my centre backs (Sebastien Puygrenier) and the chairman accepted the bid over my head. It wasn't so bad because I was able to spend the money on Thomas Vermaelen, but that left me with basically no money left so I had to make do with a couple of frees from Spain.

Couple of games into the season and we were having the same problems as last year, the four strikers couldn't score to save their lives and we were relying on goals from midfielders, basically. Jonas then got injured, along with N'Zogbia, leaving me without my two first choice wingers for 2 and 3 months. Went to the board and asked for more money... and they agreed! Fantastic, I thought, until I realised they'd given me... £3m. An increase of £2m. So they can fuck off, basically. Resigned, and a couple of days later have already been offered the Celtic job.

Something interesting happened when I resigned, two of the coaches I'd hired had followed me out of the club, and both were expected to stay with me when I got a new job. Never had that happen before, had a quick look and I'm on the favoured personnel list of both. That's kind of cool.

Anyone got any tips on how to tighten up my Man City defence? Just going into October and i've yet to keep a clean sheet in the league, and conceded 3 goals over the 2 leg Euro qualifier against minnows Unirea (although i comfortably went through 6-3 on agg). The only defender i've bought is Marcelo for £4.4m, I've also got a new goalie, Asenjo, after i saw him on a Top 10 Players To Buy In FM09 list. He's 19 and leaky. If he doesnt keep a clean sheet in the next 3 league games (Chelsea, Spurs, Stoke) I'm bringing Hart back in.

My current first choice defence is: Asenjo (GK), Marcelo (LB), Dunne (CB), Richards (CB), Zabaleta (RB). Bit short of CB cover as i've only got Ben Haim and Onouha (Kompany is out for 3 months injured :( )

Got no money for transfers left. Any suggestions on tactics to make my defence less leaky?

What year are you in?

Only 09/10, and barely started that. But I've got 400 words of an essay to finish off today and then after that I literally have until January 11th or so to play this non-stop. (I did try to get a job... :shifty:) I've decided it's basically Europe or bust for me this year, because my entire team wants to leave and unless I qualify for the UEFA Cup the replacements won't be good enough, so I might just go somewhere else.

My scout keeps recommending Rodwell so I might buy him at some point in the future, but I bought like 3 16/17 year old centre backs in the summer so I probably don't need any more. One of them is 16 and playing for the Germany U21s so yeah. And I looked at Milevskyi - it was between him and Palacio as to who I signed and I chose Palacio because of his raw pace - which hasn't been on show yet, since every time Pav knocks it on I've seen him get out-paced by the CBs of the three teams I've played so far, and as those have been Ipswich, Burnley and Watford, I'm not sure he's gonna be of much use in that department.

11 games in and 9 of the teams I've faced are in the top 10. And game 13 sees me play the 10th... Lovely. Still, got the "easier" games to come and I've racked up a few points so far this season, so I should be able to get enough to get me into 14th-15th by Christmas...

Edit: bwahaha. Ben Parker just kept the ball in the corner for literally ten minutes whilst the fulham defenders just ran in circles. What an awesome bug.

Edited by Footjob Fever

Managed to win just 2 games in the final 14 of the Premier League to end the first season as City manager. 1-0 win over Stoke but a 3-1 thrasing of United at home to appease the fans through that shit stretch. Ended the season at 12-15-11 with 45 goals scored, 44 goals conceded and 51 points for 10th place. Kinda disappointing.

Playing as Hampton and Richmond part-timers (I tend to play a game where the Manager has a good career and not so much the club). Came 7th with them after taking them from 19th from the beginning of the season, due to the signing of two wonderful strikers and a Loan partnership with Chelsea where the sent a brilliant (for Blue Square South) Midfielder my way.

Just finished my pre-season for my 09/10 season, and if I don't get promoted with this 11, then I wont at all. My midfield and attack just cannot be stopped, and while I'm weakest in defence, nothing that the BSS has to offer can really tear it apart, and my keeper is on a season loan from Chelsea and he's absolutely astonishing. Lost to Chelsea and West Ham in friendlies pretty heavily, but beat Macclesfield 1-0 who are 2 leagues above me, and Mansfield 3-0 who are in the Blue Square premier.

The game does seem a bit tactically broke though, long balls from the Keeper/defence always seem to penetrate the oppositions defences, while slow build-up play is absolutely terrible, though that might be due to the league I'm in.

Stayed up as Leeds, been pretty much confirmed since about matchday 30 but with 4 games to go it was official. 2 games left in the season now, hoping to get into at least 14th (currently 15th), hopefully as high as 12th.