Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there a way to pull an Arsenal and bitch about how the opposing team targetting your players? I swear to fuck I had Jo, Elano and Robinho all pick up a knock in the game and at least 5 yellow cards with about 3 warnings were given to West Ham on fouls towards the three.

Aren't there lots of makers of the game? And besides that they have people who submit info for individual clubs/sets of clubs/leagues, etc: They haven't purposely made it so Everton are awesome, they just are.

Actually, the creators of the game are Everton fans and Everton (in every CM/FM title) have always been somewhat Godly. It has always been suspected (possibly confirmed?) that they purposely make them a very good team.

In my Spurs game, Everton (with my position in brackets, as it appears they're pretty much imitating my form >_>) have finished 13th (12th), 8th (9th), 12th (11th) and are currently 4th after 25 games (I'm 5th). Now that's pretty spooky.

Question: how do you handle the problem of sub keepers, especially when you're a big team? I just left Real Madrid, where I had Kameni as sub keeper (he came on a free, I think) but he got pissed off after about 3 games when it became clear I wasn't going to play him much. I'm now at Inter, and I need to find a keeper who's willing to sit on the bench, but also good enough to play cup games and the odd Serie A/Champions League game without letting in a ton of goals. I don't have any young keepers who are any good, and there doesn't seem to be anyone available on a free who fits the criteria. I don't have a huge budget, so I don't want to spend £5m on a keeper who will barely play a game.

Thats one thing that's always been a bit of a problem for me. Usually I just ride it out with whatever is available in the reserves/youth team until someone becomes available at the right price. Unless you're really unlucky, you can get away with your first choice keeper playing nearly every game in a season so as you said, its not worth wasting millions on a back-up. Unless of course you're loaded, in which case I just buy and unhappy half decent keeper from another side and then sell him when he gets unhappy with me and replace. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I'm well into my fourth season with Leicester and 21 games into the season I sit fifth behind Man Utd, Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool in my second season in the Premiership after two consecutive promotions. I'm also on a mission to build a British army in my squad. I think out of my 47 signings only about 11 of them weren't English/British.

GK - Craig Gordon (£5.5m from Sunderland)

CB - Michael Mancienne (Free from Chelsea) / Aleksandar Tunchev (started off with him in League One)

CB - Jay DeMerit (Free from Watford) / Gabriel Tamas (Free from Auxerre)

RWB - Ryan Taylor (Free from Wigan) / Ryan Naughton (£1.7m from Preston)

LWB - Joe Mattock (started off with him as an 18-year old...now at 21 is club captain and is immense)

DMC - Luca Cigarini (Free from Parma) / Havard Nordveit (Free from Arsenal)

CM - Fabian Delph (£2.5m P/E from Leeds)

CM - Mark Noble (£3.5m from West Ham)

AMC - Henri Lansbury (Free from Arsenal...such a quality signing)

ST - Kyle Lafferty (£4m from Rangers)

ST - Omar Koroma (Free from Portsmouth) / Daniel Sturridge (£3m from Hull) / Marcus Berg (Free from Groningen)

I also have Jonny Howson, Kieran Gibbs and Gabriel Agbonlahor in my squad. In four years I've spent £32.5m and made back £14.5m. This is the best game I've played for a while since my similar Walsall game on...FM05/FM06.

Asenjo's a good player. Had a few good games for me in my first season but Gomes will be my number 1 for quite sometime the lads miles better than in real life lol.

Seems i take advantage of when i'm at home in the Uefa Cup. Quater Final i had Benfica lost 2-1 home leg...Come to White Hart Line and just dominated them 5-0 so now facing Shakhtar in the semis. Udinese beat AC on away goals and will face Man.City so possibility of a all English Final

Following on from the Burger King thread in the Lounge...

Sports Interactive spokesman Miles Jacobson said his company, which also produces the video game "Football Manager," has created a locker room-scented aftershave called "Scent of Success," The Daily Telegraph said Thursday.

Jacobsen said by blending the smell of sweat, grass and boot leather with heat spray, his company is giving consumers a chance to bring the world of professional soccer into their own homes.

"Our scent will bring the dressing room into the homes of Football Manager 2009 players, inspiring them for pre-match team talks, preparing them to direct their team from the sidelines and prime them for a tricky press conference," he said.

The spokesman told the Telegraph he saw no reason the creators of the 2009 sports game couldn't produce a scent if singers Britney Spears and Kerry Katona could.

"If Britney Spears and Kerry Katona can have their own fragrance I don't see why we can't," Jacobsen said.