Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

I don't get why some people can't stick with one game for a long period of time with this. I've got several friends who can't seem to play more than three months at one team without getting bored. They're amazed that I'm four years into a game and have only managed two clubs, one for nearly three years.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I find it really difficult to leave a team after I grow an attachment with it. Which is a shame because one of my best games was my journeyman career game where I started with Bangladesh nationality, worked my way from the English Conference to the South African league then became manager of Senegal!.

I like playing long games as it's interesting to see what kinda stuff happens but i also usually like to stay at clubs for quite a bit...Shame about on my current game that i've posted about before in here i got sacked by Spurs for asking for a new contract after winning the Uefa Cup on pens against Man.City and winning the Carling Cup against Arsenal. But i like being at Juve now.

Played 3 games in Serie A won all 3: 1-0 against Fiorentina, 1-0 against Genoa and 2-1 against Lazio with Owen 91st minute goal. Won the Italian Super Cup 1-0 against Roma as well.

Also England manager as posted before somewhere cause i ain't been on the site in a while or the game lol. Beat Croatia 2-1 to seal World Cup qualification with two games against Ukraine who if i get a draw with will defo finish 1st and Belarus. Gabby Agbonlahor scored a great goal after we were 1-0 down then Micah Richards from 25yards out in the 95th minute (Note only 4 mins extra time :P) sealed my 1st International win.

Next up Zenit St Petersburg (Also got Chelsea and CSKA Sofia in my Champions League group)

Hoping to reinact Rafa by winning Uefa Cup one season with one team than the Champions League next season with another

Edited by davidmarrio

I concede too many fucking goals. I seem to be shipping at least 2 in every game, but I'm also scoring a lot so Im in the top half. I cannot figure out a way to shut out teams, the defence seems good enough. I've only kept one clean sheet this season, but at the same time have only failed to score once as well.

I loaded up FM07 and my old journeyman game(which I mention above) and I am hooked, I just marked like never before.

It was a match against Swaziland who have no real players in the the team and are horrible. So I am expecting a breeze and send my team out to destroy them.

After the first half I am 3-0 down. I put on Henri Camara and he scores with an overhead kick to make it 3-2, in the 91st minute I get a free kick from way out. I pump it into the box and their goalie gets a rush of stupidity and tries to snatch it despite his defenders being in position to deal with it. He misses the ball completely and Camara pokes it in. :)

Just noticed i've not been given the easiest of starts as Juve manager lol.

In my first 5 competitive matches i've had

Roma: Super Cup

Fiorentina, Genoa, Lazio: Serie A

Zenit St Petersburg: Champions League

now i've got Inter away. Someone wanted to make my life awkward but won all of them matches so bring on Inter and Jose!!!!

Top after 6 games in Serie A at the end of September after i beat Lecce 1-0 but than drew with Brescia 1-1 even though i battered them grrr but top by 3 points ahead of Reginna.

Also drew with Chelsea 2-2 in the Champions League ending up with my 9 men against their 10 men. (Mikel got sent off and i used all subs at half time cause 3 players had picked up knocks, Rosina got sent off 90th minute)

Real Madrid 1 - 2 Celtic

That will go down in history. For the second year in a row a Scottish team are European champions. 2012 Rangers, 2013 Celtic. Could 2014 be Aberdeen's year? Scotland's co-efficient rocks. 3 Champion's League places, 3 UEFA Cup places, plus a place in 2013/2014 for Fair Play and a Intertoto Spot. 8 European places for a league of 12 teams.

So, after 2 weeks away in Canada, I thought it would be time for an update on my Luverdense game.

Got promoted to the second division and won the Matto Grosse State Championship.

Currently 7th in the 2nd division:

Played 4 - Won 2 - Drawn 2

So much for us being relegation candidates. :P

Oh and in transfer news on my game, Anelka is joining ... Manchester City.

Stats update?

I dunno, I signed him myself. Thought I was gonna leave TFC but ended up signing a contract for a year. I'll play on and fail in my third season. :shifty: