Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What do you mean like all the players are set as free agents and stuff?

I used the editor to release all players AND personnel. When you start the game, every player in the world will be a free agent and you can go sign them.

As far as work permits go, I had to go into the editor as well and edit every country to be an EEC member. That way, you don't have to deal with the annoying waits for a verdict on work permits. This does make loans to other teams to avoid work permit regulations useless though, so if you have one of those, you can just consider those loans to be of the regular kind ;):D

Just got my highest finish in my Spurs game finishing third (on GD with Liverpool getting 2nd by 1 or 2 goals). Falcao was on fire in the last ten-or-so games, going at more than a goal a match as we demolished some teams. Lost the FA Cup final to Man City though (who won the league by about 10 points).

I've got around three games to go until the end of my second season as Chelsea, I'm tied with Man Utd on 77 points and am looking to 'just' edge it on goal difference.

It's brilliant, I've managed to do great things this season thanks to the group of Jack Cork, Michael Mancienni... or however that's spelt and Ivonic turning out to be regular first teamers.

Gradually my team is looking to follow the Man United model, it's just taking a while to do it because there's so many players 'almost' ready to be brought into my first team squad.

With Spurs, I have a back 4 that'll be there for a good 4 years at least, probably. I could always bring in a better left back for Bale (26) but he seems to do the little things that adds a lot to the team. Have Jack Rodwell (25) and a Spanish regen (21 with 5 caps already) as centre backs and a 26 year old Aussie regen at right back. Gomes is 35 so I'll be buying a replacement for him during the transfer window and he'll be back up until he retires. My DM, Gojko Kacar, is 29 so he'll have 2-3 years in him still, with Huddlestone (29) as back up and an 18 year old Frenchie with 5 star potential behind him. The regen I posted before, Matt Kidd, is 24 and will have the right mid position tied down until he retires, but I'll have to buy someone new after the next season at left mid as Downing is about to turn 32 and Rose isn't good enough for a permanent starting position. Also have Bentley as right mid back up until he retires.

For AMC I have Matias Fernandez who is 30, so when he starts to decline I have a 21 year old Spanish regen ready to take his place. Up front I have Falcao who is 30 and a 21 year old German to start for the next season but Falcao may lose out after that.

So really I have about 7 out of 11 positions covered for at least two years, with five of those around for at least the next five and another two ready to step up for careers in the team, unless they don't play as well as they should. Good nucleus to build the team around to keep my Champions League spot and try and go for the title.

I feel like starting a new game with an English team that isn't one of the usual ones. I've decided to give Bolton a shot, but it's going to be very hard and tiring in the first few years I think because I'm used to winning stuff with the teams I manage; Ajax, Atletico, Man Utd. On the other hand, Fabrice Muamba <3

I've taken Stevenage up to League 2 after absolutely running riot in the Blue Square. I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but we won the league by 21 points, no restarts, no add managers, nothing. Nearing the end of the season we were winning games for the fuck of it, beating Rushden 5-0 away, who finished 7th but were by far the best other team in the league. The team seemed to just gel with the tactics by playing a counter-attackingish (well, direct and fast), and the fact that Jacob Mellis, Ewan Clarke, Tom Thorley (all loans) and Steve Morison were just running absolute riot through teams, with Clarke almost netting 1 a game for the season.

And then I start in League 2, winning 2 and losing 4, we need to get our shit together and fast, because we aren't winning clearly, but the games we lose we are losing by 3 or 4 goals. I feel I relied too much on loans. Thank god only 2 go down in League 2 otherwise we would be in real trouble.

uefacup.jpg

Meet Mr. Thursday Night, Ben Wright. 8 goals in 6 UEFA Cup games so far this season (semi finals 2nd leg and final to go (2-0 up against Porto after home leg). 8 in 8 last year. 14 in 24 in the league last year. The guy is a machine. Shame he used to play for Bristol City, but only managed 3 games, so I guess that's ok.

Bah, I'm only three games in with Bolton but it is already tiring. I managed to get some decent players for the low amount of money I had. Drew Chelsea first game 2-2, which was a shame because I was leading for most of the game. Then I also drew Middlesbrough 2-2 while being 0-2 up until the 70th minute, fuck sakes, then I had to play Swansea in the Carling Cup and I f'n lost 1-0. It made no sense at all, they dominated the entire game and I didn't have THAT shitty players on the pitch. Next up is West Brom, I need to win this, because they are a direct rival. That's right, the board told me to avoid relegation and that is justified 'cause I have a lackluster team for the Premiership :shifty: Kevin Davies needs to be my saviour.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

The most ive ever spent i believe is Xabi alonso for 30 Mil or Niko Krancjar/stewart downing for 15 mil each.

I also bought both Kranjcar and Downing for Tottenham. Kranjcar was disappointing and I sold him again soon after (yet he was in Tottenham's favoured personnel for awhile for some reason, but he's gone now). Downing has been immense though, got most assists for the team for the last couple of seasons, a really good buy. Also, with Downing, Rose, Kidd and Bentley, it's meant I've had four really good English wingers for a good couple of seasons.

And the most I've now spent is 30m on Rene Adler as Gomes replacement. He better be worth it :@

Akinfeev also wanted to come but I think Moscow would've only settled for 40m, even 50m plus.

And Matt Kid, my right mid regen who I signed 7 years ago for 275k just won the Euro's Best Player award and had a bid come in worth 36m plus a 14.5m Fernando Gago (H)

Edited by Zaz

I think my highest transfer fee was £15,000,000 for Dario Srna. He was well worth it though. He won Football Writers Player of the Year in his first season. My highest transfer fee received was £9,000,000 for Deco which was alright. I played him about ten times in his only season at Chelsea.

Oh and all-time records:

Most spent - £44,000,000 on Fernando Torres (FM 07)

Most received - £54,000,000 for David Beckham from Barcelona. stupid idiots. (CM 01/02.)

My first regen-only news item - my 19 year old Italian keeper who was whinging last year about not having settled in London and kept on turning up late to training finally got settled this month. It appears he got so settled that he turned up to training late again as he was out clubbing into the early hours of the morning.

Should have accepted the bid that just came in for him <_<

So after managing to keep Sunderland up (see: a while ago >_>), I brought in a couple of decent players, but we were still shit, so I ended up resigning in early November, and took over at Charlton, who were 22nd in the Championship. (Javier Clemente replaced me, and has turned them into a decent mid-table side by the looks of it, the bastard <_<)

For some reason, I just couldn't get them going, so my reign lasted like a month. In January I ended up as manager of QPR, who sacked Aidy Boothroyd for slipping into mid-table for most of the season. I strengthened the squad, but we were far too inconsistent (and Arturo Lupoli ended up flopping), so we eventually finished 9th.

Signed a parent club deal with Man Utd, so for my first full season in charge I was sent Possebon. I also brought in:

Fernando Morientes for 500k from Derby - He's only scored one goal and had one assist in 10 appearances, so I'm considering cutting my losses in January.

Neill Collins for 425k from Wolves - Has been great at centre-half, after a dodgy defence let us down last season.

Andy Dawson for 250k from Norwich - He's been good, but my change to 3 at the back has seen him dropped.

Craig Bellamy for 425k from West Ham - It was a toss-up between him and Juan Pablo Angel. Angel has scored more for Charlton this season, but he's 35, so Bellamy it was. He's scored 10 in 15 appearances, and for a while was scoring every game. Had a bit of a drought lately, but a sound investment.

After 15 games, we're 8th with 25 points, having just slipped out of the play-off spots after losing 1-0 to Cardiff. I've promised the board promotion, and we're going to do it, mark my words! >_>

In the same game, I took over as Ivory Coast manager in February 2010. They'd sacked their manager after going out in the group stage of the African Cup of Nations, and I thought I might as well manage them during the World Cup, which they'd already qualified for.

However, my group turned out to be Brazil, Russia and Japan, so I thought I was fucked, even more so when Japan won 2-0 in the first game. Happily, I was wrong :D

Beat both Brazil and Russia 2-0 to qualify, and sailed through to the quarter final after beating the Czechs 2-0. In the quarter-final I won 3-0 against Argentina, and then beat England 2-1 in extra time in the semis. I had France in the final, but went down 2-0 with 10 men before the end of the first half. Clawed my way back to 2-2, before finally losing 7-6 on penalties. Still, it was immense and I'm now labelled World Class.

Okay, so your bottom of the league with a point separating you from the team outside the relegation zone. Not bad, but then your run consists of 3 of the top 4 teams in the league.

I beat MK Dons 3-1 at home, then lost 1-0 to Oldham. Currently 3-0 down to top of the league Leeds at half time, not good but it gets them out the way. Then I can just try and claw my way out, we're good enough and I'm good enough to get them out of it - but we're a bit too inconsistent.

Ugh I hate how Liverpool are pissing all over me in the league( 9 points clear)and I have beat them both home and away!.

What cost me was three back to back defeats against Chelsea,Arsenal and Reading. This sparked me to make the insane bid for Messi which was surprisingly accepted and after he came to the team I have won every match I played and I am going to put all my effort into winning The Champions League which is the only thing I haven't won with United then I'll move onto some other team.

The team I am leaning towards the most is Reading they got a takeover by some Luxembourg company and I think I am going to make a fun little diary out of it in the Cube where I am forced to bring in players from Luxembourg and given unrealistic expectations by the tyrant owner :D