Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

Just noticed the UEFA Cup is held by Tottenham and the CL is held by Chelsea in this game. Both seem rather strange reads :shifty:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heres an update on my Gateshead game (Ive had consecutive promotions every season since the Blue Square North)

Now in 2013/2014 season

Prem1314season.jpg

Christ, who's on your team? :o

Decided to start a brand new game as Newcastle, and I've finally worked out how to adjust the budget and how to negotiate deals over a certain time (I knew how to do them before but... mostly decided against them)

So my first goal was to cut the wage budget from £1M+ per week.

My second was to introduce very talented youth players into the squad

And my third was to spend heftily on making Newcastle have the best coaching staff of all time.

So now it's January, and at the moment my wage budget is £590k per week (about to get lowered once Viduka and Lovenkrauds move after their contracts expire)

By technically spending just £4M (if I count players sold as against my players bought) I've got Jack Rodwell, Dan Gosling, Guilherme, Mevlut, Raul (from Hercules) and Nathan Delfounesu. Them players are certainly capable of playing for the first team, whilst at the same time building for the future.

But I keep running into the red... which scares me because I have no idea how far along Ashley is from his 'selling the club' and I have no idea how long I can go into the red before getting a points deduction >_<

So following a 0-0 draw with Palace where we do absolutely nothing at all, in front of our own fans no less. And we generally look flat in random Premiership matches with only one person scoring (Agbonlahor) we go and do this to Chelsea in the FA Cup 4th Round

Yeah.. can we play more like that in the league and we'll walk it and get back into the sodding Premiership. God.

EDIT: Best part of it, we started with 9 British/Irish players on the field. Only Bojinov (who came off for Murphy) and Nosworthy weren't. We're single handidly sorting out British football.

2nd EDIT: QF draw gives me a home draw with Arsenal. Ah well.. we'll just have to go at it again and hope for some luck :D

Edited by IAceI

Heres an update on my Gateshead game (Ive had consecutive promotions every season since the Blue Square North)

Now in 2013/2014 season

Prem1314season.jpg

Christ, who's on your team? :o

First season (BSN): I got ridiculously lucky and bought some awesome free transfers (MALCOLM CHRISTIE!) and the other teams just outright sucked

Second season (BSP): Managed to get Arsenal as a Parent club so I got a few of their youth players sent my way and took full advantage of them

Third Season (L2): Sold alot of players making a tidy profit in the process and replaced them with some players released from Premiership clubs (Miki Roque, Ricardo Fernandes, Corry Evans and the legend himself..ANDY VAN DER FUCKING MEYDE!) I loaned in a few Arsenal regens as well throughout the season

Fourth Seasn (L1): My regens began to come through and I got a fucking beauty, young striker Liam Hughes pretty much fired us to the top.

Fifth Season (CH): I removed all the dead wood (goodbye Van Der Meyde :() for a decent sum and adding that onto prize money etc. I had a decent kitty, I brought in Mantorras, Jan Nemec (regen), Ian Davis (regen), Loic Damour, Damion Stone (regen) and Regis (regen). Went up via playoffs

Sixth Season (PRM) (Current): Got the best regen name ever - Chris Van Nistelrooy to play up front with DIEGO FUCKING FORLAN! who I got on a free and also got Diego Cavalieri to play in goal for us. An awesome regen called Daniel Bostock has forced his way into the first team as well.

There are obviously other players I have its just they arent worth mentioning. I have enough awesome talent to cover up for the absolute shite I have.

That said, I havent got high hopes for this season.

great achievement, but that table's a bit deceiving, you are only 2 games in :P

Going to start a new game today sicne I royally fucked up my Aberdeen game... suggestions?

Then marvel at the regen I got through the youth system

gheadregen.jpg

Coach said that he is one of the best players of his generation (or something like that) so im really excited to see him develop.

Speaking of, I love retired players becoming coaches, currently in my backroom staff are

Asst Manager: Carles Puyol

Coaches: Trevor Sinclair, Ryan Giggs, Nicky Butt and Dmitry Kharin

I'm playing FM2008. I'm in the 2016/17 season, and finally getting bored. Been at Portsmouth the whole time, and I'm afraid to leave because I know the new manager will fuck up my squad. I don't want to abandon the game because it's the furthest I've ever gone. I'll probably leave after this season, otherwise I'll be too bored to carry on. I make an archive save at the end of every season, and looking at Date Modified, I can see how long it took me to do each season:

Season 1 (2007/08) took 7 days

Season 2 (2008/09) took 6 days

Season 3 (2009/10) took 3 days

Season 4 (2010/11) took 5 days

Season 5 (2011/12) took 7 days

Season 6 (2012/13) took 8 days

Season 7 (2013/14) took 5 days

Season 8 (2014/15) took 9 days

Season 9 (2015/16) took 14 days (started losing interest that season)

I'm only in October 2016 of the 10th season, and it's already been 12 days

Playing this long, you realize how retarded the AI is. They're happy to pay ludicrous money for backup players, who proceed to get unhappy about the lack of first team football, and get sold for much less. The worst example of this is Ivan Rakitic. I bought him at the start of the 2008/09 season for £5m from Schalke. He started out in a rotation system with Kranjcar, but eventually replaced him as our first-team AMC. In January of the 2009/10 season Barcelona bought him from me for a whopping £37m. Over the next 2 years he played 20 league games for Barce, got pissed, and left for Chelsea in January of the 2011/12 season for £24.5m. He spent just a year at Chelsea, playing 9 league games, and went back to Barce for £19.5 in January of the 2013/13 season. He got more appearances in for Barce this time, but was still a fringe player, playing 16 league games over the year. In January of the 2013/14 season, Chelsea were interested in him yet again. However, he instead went to Roma for £19.5m. Unsurpringly he left Roma exactly one year later after 11 league games, in January of the 2014/15 season, for £16m, to Spanish champions Zaragoza. After 6 months and 0 league games there, he moved to Betis for £14.5m. Finally he was considered a key player and started getting regular first team football. Unfortunately it was brief, as he's been injured for the majority of his time there. He's now 28, and one of the best AMC's in the world, yet he's not played regular first team football since his 18 month spell with me 6 years ago.

2007/08 Season

INITIAL SQUAD (first team players underlined)

GK: David James, Jamie Ashdown

DR: Glen Johnson, Lauren

DL: Djimi Traore, Nadir Belhadj (loan)

DC: Sylvain Distin, Sol Campbell, Younes Kaboul, Hermann Hreidarsson

MR: John Utaka, Glen Little

ML: Niko Kranjcar, Jerome Thomas

MC: Lassana Diarra, Papa Bouba Diop, Sean Davis, Arnold Mvuemba

ST: Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Nwankwo Kanu, Dave Nugent

SUMMER 2007 IN/OUT:

Mathieu Delpierre (£3.4m, from Stuttgart)

Mota (£700k, from Seongnam)

Derek Boateng (£675k, from B. Jerusalem)

Noe Pamarot (£900k, to Hull)

Hermann Hreidarsson (£1.3m, to Catania)

Richard Hughes (£1.2m, to Derby)

(there's also youngsters bought and sold, but I can't be arsed to mention them)

I almost always sign those three at the start of the game when I'm a mid-table side. Such good value. Delpierre replaced the aging Campbell as starting centre-back. Mota became my left winger, moving Kranjcar into AMC, and dropping Diop from the first team. And I started playing only 1 striker, rotating Crouch and Defoe, instead starting Boateng in midfield with Diarra.

JAN 2008 IN/OUT:

Francisco Guillermo Ochoa (£15.5m, from America [MEX])

Leonardo (£875k, from Ajax)

Nelson (£1.6m, from Betis)

Cristian Molinaro (£240k, from Jventus)

Nwankwo Kanu (£450k, to Blackburn)

Papa Bouba Diop (£1.6m, to Bordeaux)

Jamie Ashdown (£250k, to Wigan)

Lauren (£575k, to Stoke)

Arnold Mvuemba (£1.8m, to Hull)

Lots of January business. The board made more funds available in about October, and David James was already deteriorating, so I decided to spend big on Ochoa. I bought Leonardo because of how cheap he was, and he started rotating with Mota on the left wing. Same thing with Nelson, who started rotating with Glen Johnson. Molinaro was an absolute bargain, and replaced Traore as first team left back. Kanu fell behind Nugent in the striker rankings, and was aging, so I accepted Blackburn's bid. Diop was no longer first team as mentioned, and I knew I'd never be able to get more than 1.6m for him, so I let him go. Lauren became third choice right back, so I let him go. I was undecided about Mvuemba because I didn't know if he'd become a good player, but I took a risk and sold him on the 31st since Hull put a bid in.

END-OF-SEASON SQUAD (first team players underlined)

GK: Francisco Guillermo Ochoa, David James

DR: Nelson and Glen Johnson (rotation)

DL: Cristian Molinaro, Djimi Traore, Nadir Belhadj (loan)

DC: Mathieu Delpierre, Sylvain Distin, Younes Kaboul, Sol Campbell

MR: John Utaka, Glen Little

ML: Leonardo and Mota (rotation), Jerome Thomas

MC: Lassana Diarra, Niko Kranjcar, Derek Boateng, Arnold Mvuemba, Sean Davis

ST: Peter Crouch and Jermain Defoe (rotation), Dave Nugent

END-OF-SEASON SUMMARY

PORTSMOUTH STATS

Premier League: 3rd

FA Cup: lost in Final

League Cup: lost in Final

Community Shield: lost

Champions League: N/A

UEFA Cup: lost in Group stage

Super Cup: N/A

Club World Champ: N/A

Top goalscorer: Peter Crouch (35)

Top league goalscorer: Peter Crouch (27)

Highest AvR: Niko Kranjcar (7.48)

Fans' Player of the Year: Peter Crouch

LEAGUE STATS

Champions: Chelsea

Relegated: Middlesbrough, Stoke, Hull

Promoted to PRM: Derby, Charlton, Wolves

Top goalscorer: Michael Owen (37, Newcastle)

Most assists: Niko Kranjcar (18, Portsmouth)

Highest AvR: Emmanuel Adebayor (7.85, Arsenal)

Overachievers: West Brom (8th)

Underperformers: West Ham (17th)

Best signings of the season: Steven Defour (Newcastle, £3.4m), Derek Boateng (Newcastle, £675k)

Worst signings of the season: Rodrigo Palacio (Aston Villa, £12.5m), Emilson Cribari (Everton, £10.25m)

CUP STATS

FA Cup winners: Liverpool

League Cup winners: Everton

Community Shield winners: Man Utd

Champions League winners: Chelsea

UEFA Cup winners: At. Madrid

Super Cup winners: Zenit St. Petersburg

Club World Champ winners: Man Utd

2008/09 Season

SUMMER 2008 IN/OUT:

Thiago Motta (bosman, from At. Madrid)

Tranquillo Barnetta (bosman, from Leverkusen)

Andrea Barzagli (£14.25m, from Wolfsburg)

Stewart Downing (£7.75m, from Middlesbrough)

Fabio Quagliarella (£13m, from Udinese)

Antonio Nocerino (£8.25m, from Palermo)

Ivan Rakitic (£5m, from Schalke)

Nadir Belhadj (loan ended)

Dave Nugent (£3.2m, to Fulham)

Glen Little (contract expired)

Sean Davis (contract expired)

Mota (£1.1m, to Betis)

Sylvain Distin (£4m, to Deportivo)

Younes Kaboul (£4m, to Deportivo)

Probably the busiest transfer window I've had in the game. I didn't know whether Motta would start for me, but he was free, so I decided to go for him. Barnetta was an obvious signing, considering he's better than Utaka, Leonardo, and Mota on the wings. The three Italians may have only been interested because I have Italian as a second nationality. Barzagli was probably better than my whole squad, and became a 'world-class centre-back', replacing Distin in the first team. Downing, like Barnetta, was better than my current crop of wingers. Barnetta would be starting on the right, with Downing on the left, replacing Utaka, Leonardo, and Mota. Quagliarella would become my star striker, but for now would be rotating with Crouch, who proved to be better than Defoe last season as a lone striker. Nocerino replaced Boateng as a first team midfielder. Rakitic would rotate with Kranjcar for the time being. I didn't mind Belhadj's loan finishing, with him now being 3rd choice left back. With the signing of Quagliarella, I didn't think Nugent would ever break into the first team, so I let Fulham have him. Glen Little and Sean Davis had no future in the first team, so I let them go. With my 2 winger signings, I was happy to let Mota go for little profit. Distin and Kaboul, both French, left for the same club, for the exact same amount. I was happy to let them go because Barzagli and Delpierre were by far the best two centre backs in the squad, although I didn't know whether good Kaboul had the potential to get into the first team.

JAN 2009 IN/OUT:

Sol Campbell (free transfer)

Jerome Thomas (free transfer)

David James (free transfer)

They weren't playing, weren't happy, and weren't worth money, so were all mutually terminated. No other business.

GK: Francisco Guillermo Ochoa, Asmir Begovic (promoted from reserves)

DR: Nelson, Glen Johnson

DL: Cristian Molinaro, Djimi Traore

DC: Andrea Barzagli, Mathieu Delpierre, Dumitru Negrea (youth signing), Linvoy Primus (back from loan)

MR: Tranquillo Barnetta, John Utaka

ML: Stewart Downing, Leonardo

MC: Ivan Rakitic, Lassana Diarra, Antonio Nocerino, Niko Kranjcar, Derek Boateng, Thiago Motta

ST: Fabio Quagliarella and Peter Crouch (rotation), Jermain Defoe

END-OF-SEASON SUMMARY

PORTSMOUTH STATS

Premier League: 1st

FA Cup: lost in 4th Rnd

League Cup: lost in 4th Rnd

Community Shield: N/A

Champions League: lost in Group Stage

UEFA Cup: lost in 1st KO Rnd

Top goalscorer: Peter Crouch (26)

Top league goalscorer: Peter Crouch (20)

Highest AvR: Peter Crouch (7.39)

Fans' Player of the Year: Peter Crouch

LEAGUE STATS

Champions: Portsmouth

Relegated: Charlton, Derby, Wigan

Promoted to PRM: Middlesbrough, Reading, Hull

Top goalscorer: Wayne Rooney (38, Man Utd)

Most assists: Anderson (22, Man Utd)

Highest AvR: Emmanuel Adebayor (7.88, Arsenal)

Overachievers: West Ham (8th)

Underperformers: Liverpool (10th)

Best signings of the season: Alan Smith (Blackburn £4.7m), Ivan Rakitic (Portsmouth, £5m)

Worst signings of the season: Yakubu (Man City, £10.5m), Wayne Bridge (Newcastle, £7.75m)

CUP STATS

FA Cup winners: Liverpool

League Cup winners: West Ham

Community Shield winners: Chelsea

Champions League winners: Barcelona

UEFA Cup winners: Man Utd

Super Cup winners: Chelsea

Club World Champ winners: Chelsea

didn't intend to make a big post, but got a bit carried away. Might carry on if i can be bothered.

Edited by betterguy

I got bored with my game and I started a new one, unemployed, and just simmed the whole way through to 2023 (so far).

Quite interesting but it's pissing me off that there's 13-14 08/09 Premiership Clubs who never seem to get into trouble, and another 5 or 6 who come up and go back down most seasons. And of course the ridiculous bias FM has always had towards Arsenal, who've won the Premiership 9 times since the start of the game, and should win it this season too. Bolton and West Ham are the only Premiership sides who have got into big trouble, West Ham sitting near the bottom of the Championship in administration and Bolton mid-table in League One.

Why would you sim for 15 years? I've never got that, isn't that incredibly boring?

Just click 'go on holiday' once a year then have a look when it's done to see how things are going. I'm planning to start a game way into the future anyway, maybe 2050 or something.

Following on from my last post...

2009/10 Season

SUMMER 2009 IN/OUT:

Christian Pander (bosman, from Schalke)

Alessandro Gamberini (£13.5m, from Fiorentina)

Gordon Woodman (£3.2m, from Bolton)

Shaun Wright-Phillips (£16.25m, from Man City)

Glen Johnson (£2.7m, to Man City)

Jermain Defoe (£9.75m, to Man City)

Leonardo (£2.6m, to West Brom)

Cristian Molinaro (£17m!, to Blackburn)

Niko Kranjcar (£14.25m, to Man Utd)

Linvoy Primus (retired)

Made a profit here, and improved the squad. Christian Pander accepted my contract offer the same day Blackburn agreed to my negotiated price of £17m for Molinaro. Considering Pander was better than Molinaro, and only slightly older, this was perfect. Gamberini replaced Delpierre as first team centre back, giving me an all-Italian centre-back duo of Barzagli and Gamberini. Gamberini wasn't as good a player as Barzagli, but he's 6 months younger, which counts for a little bit. Gordon Woodman is a regen backup right back replacement for Glen Johnson, who had been overtaken by Nelson in that position. Shaun Wright-Phillips was signed because he's a better winger than both Downing and Barnetta. From that point on Downing and Barnetta would rotate as left wingers, with SWP as my first team right winger. GJ wasn't needed any more, due to Nelson being a better player. I didn't want to sell Defoe, but the board accepted on my behalf, the bastards. He was third choice striker anyway. Leonardo was miles behind my other wingers now, with SWP, Downing, Barnetta, and Utaka all better than him. Molinaro was a great sale. I'm still shocked Blackburn were willing to pay £17m for a mid-table quality DL/ML. Kranjcar left on 29th August. Rakitic had overtaken him as the best AMC in the squad, and he wanted to go to Man Utd of course, so I let him leave. We now only had four players left who were part of the original first team squad; Peter Crouch, Lassana Diarra, John Utaka, and Djimi Traore. Linvoy Primus retired, but due to him being one of the club's favoured personnel, I offered him a job as First Team Coach.

JAN 2010 IN/OUT:

Paolo De Ceglie (£9.75m, from Juventus)

Hatem Ben Arfa (£14.25m, from Marseille)

Jonathan de Guzman (£16.5m, from Sevilla)

Marek Hamsik (£7.25m, from Napoli)

Felipe (£13m, from Ajax)

Ivan Rakitic (£37m!, to Barcelona)

Mathieu Delpierre (£6.25m, to Betis)

Derek Boateng (£3.9m, to West Ham)

Once again, a shitload of changes, funded mostly by Barcelona's crazy bid for Rakitic. Pander was out of the first team already due to the signing of De Ceglie. Ben Arfa was a direct replacement for Rakitic, and he's a better player. de Guzman and Hamsik were signed to improve the midfield. de Guzman replaced Nocerino as a first teamer, who had been disappointing so far. Hamsik would rotate with both Diarra and Nelson, with Diarra playing at right back if Nelson wasn't in the team. Felipe made me regret spending £13m on Gamberini 6 months ago, as he'd probably be replacing him soon. Delpierre and Boateng were the 2 left out of the 3 I signed in the first transfer window, but both were now gone. They were both out-of-favour as defender and midfielder respectively.

GK: Francisco Guillermo Ochoa, Asmir Begovic

DR: Nelson, Gordon Woodman

DL: Paolo De Ceglie, Christian Pander

DC: Andrea Barzagli, Felipe, Alessandro Gamberini, Djimi Traore

MR: Shaun Wright-Phillips, John Utaka

ML: Stewart Downing and Tranquillo Barnetta (rotation)

MC: Hatem Ben Arfa, Jonathan de Guzman, Marek Hamsik and Lassana Diarra (rotation), Antonio Nocerino, Douglas (youth signing)

ST: Fabio Quagliarella, Peter Crouch

END-OF-SEASON SUMMARY

PORTSMOUTH STATS

FA Cup: lost in Semi Final

League Cup: lost in Semi Final (same final position in the FA and League Cups three years running!)

Community Shield: won

Champions League: lost in Quarter Final

UEFA Cup: N/A

Top goalscorer: Fabio Quagliarella (39)

Top league goalscorer: Fabio Quagliarella (31)

Highest AvR: Fabio Quagliarella (7.40)

Fans' Player of the Year: Fabio Quagliarella

LEAGUE STATS

Relegated: West Ham, Wolves, Hull

Promoted to PRM: Charlton, Derby, Leeds

Top goalscorer: Wayne Rooney (41!, Man Utd)

Most assists: Elano (20, Man City)

Highest AvR: Alberto Gilardino (7.82, Newcastle)

Overachievers: Bolton (10th)

Underperformers: West Ham (18th)

Best signings of the season: Hatem Ben Arfa (Portsmouth, £14.25m), Christian Pander (Portsmouth, £0)

Worst signings of the season: Maxi Rodriguez (Man Utd, £21m), Niko Kranjcar! (Man Utd, £14.25m)

CUP STATS

FA Cup winners: Arsenal

League Cup winners: Birmingham

Community Shield winners: Portsmouth

Champions League winners: Arsenal

UEFA Cup winners: PSG

Super Cup winners: Barcelona

Club World Champ winners: Barcelona

2010/11 Season

SUMMER 2010 IN/OUT:

Carlos Tevez (£21m, from Inter)

Djimi Traore (free transfer)

Tranquillo Barnetta (£26m, to Man Utd)

John Utaka (£5.5m, to Espanyol)

Lassana Diarra (£25.5m, to Inter)

3 of that original 4 left the club at the start of this season, leaving Peter Crouch as the only original first team squad member left. Carlos Tevez went to Inter after his Man Utd contract expired at the end of last season. I tried to sign him then but he accepted Inter's offer. Well now that I'd won the league 2 years running, he was willing to come to me. £21m is still a good price for a player of his quality. Traore's contract was mutually terminated, because he's nowhere near our level any more. I let Barnetta leave, because he was only rotating with Downing, and not a solid first teamer. Now that I'd signed Tevez, neither of them would be starting, as I'd be switching to a 4-4-2, to play Tevez and Quagliarella up front together. De Ceglie would move up and start playing left midfield, Felipe would move to left back, and Gamberini would resume his role as regular centre back. de Guzman would no longer be starting for us, just 6 months after I bought him for £16.5m. I may have let Barnetta leave anyway, because £26m is great money for him, and he wanted to go to Man Utd. Utaka had fallen behind in the pecking order and had previously been on the transfer list by request, so it didn't take much for me to let him go. And Diarra was only rotational, and wanted to go, so I let him.

JAN 2011 IN/OUT:

Toni Kroos (£10m, from At. Madrid)

Jonathan de Guzman (£29.5m, to Milan)

Thiago Motta (free transfer)

Kroos was a really fortunate signing. Atletico Madrid had only bought him a season earlier, for £8.5m, but they'd stupidly given him a £10m release clause. He'd be eased into the first team, and wouldn't be starting right away. I was relieved to be able to profit from de Guzman. He was still a top class player and everything, but he wasn't vital, especially with the signing of Kroos. Motta had never ever been able to break into the first team, and he'd been playing in the reserves for a while now. We mutually terminated his deal, then not long after he retired from football, only in his late 20s. I don't know why that happens. He'd still have been a good player for a mid-table club.

GK: Francisco Guillermo Ochoa, Anthony Guy (youth signing)

DR: Nelson and Gordon Woodman (rotation)

DL: Felipe, Christian Pander

DC: Andrea Barzagli, Alessandro Gamberini, Dumitru Negrea (re-promoted from reserves), Rafael Forster (youth signing)

MR: Shaun Wright-Phillips, (no RW backup, but I would bring on an AMC or ST for SWP and put either Ben Arfa or Quagliarella on the wing)

ML: Paolo De Ceglie, Stewart Downing

MC: Hatem Ben Arfa, Marek Hamsik, Toni Kroos, Antonio Nocerino, Martin Galvan (youth signing)

ST: Carlos Tevez, Fabio Quagliarella, Karadeniz Batuhan (youth signing), Peter Crouch

END-OF-SEASON SUMMARY

PORTSMOUTH STATS

FA Cup: lost in 3rd Rnd

League Cup: lost in 4th Rnd

Community Shield: lost

Champions League: lost in Quarter Final

UEFA Cup: N/A

Top goalscorer: Carlos Tevez (28)

Top league goalscorer: Carlos Tevez (25)

Highest AvR: Hatem Ben Arfa (7.20)

Fans' Player of the Year: Fabio Quagliarella

LEAGUE STATS

Relegated: Leeds, Sunderland, Derby

Promoted to PRM: West Ham, Hull, Wolves

Top goalscorer: Wayne Rooney (36, Man Utd)

Most assists: Hatem Ben Arfa (16, Portsmouth)

Highest AvR: Wayne Rooney (7.64, Man Utd)

Overachievers: Middlesbrough (9th)

Underperformers: Tottenham (16th)

Best signings of the season: Jose Paolo Guerrero (Reading, £0), Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Man Utd, £13.75m)

Worst signings of the season: Eddie Johnson (Tottenham, £18.25m), Marc-Andre Kruska (Man City, £16m)

CUP STATS

FA Cup winners: Man Utd

League Cup winners: Arsenal

Community Shield winners: Arsenal

Champions League winners: Benfica

UEFA Cup winners: Ajax

Super Cup winners: PSG

Club World Champ winners: Sao Paulo

Edited by betterguy

I got bored of Reading and started a new game in the Scottish League.

I have never played here so just figured I'd ask you guys what the standard of players is like? is it like the Championship? so if I loan in someone like Possebon or Gibson will they pretty much pwn everyone?

I got bored of Reading and started a new game in the Scottish League.

I have never played here so just figured I'd ask you guys what the standard of players is like? is it like the Championship? so if I loan in someone like Possebon or Gibson will they pretty much pwn everyone?

Anyone loaned from the big four will do well. SPL is kind of a middle league. Think bottom-half-of-the-Premier-League, top-half-of-the-Championship. You'll notice that players tend to move between SPL clubs and lower Prem-upper Championship clubs. In one of my games the entire Hibernian squad decided to join Fulham it seemed. :lol: