Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just started a journeyman game with all the leagues turned on (with most only having the top division selectable to save my processor). I've left my reputation to automatic - lets see where I end up!

It happens in real life though, I think the most obvious one in recent times was England vs Portugal where the second Rooney got sent off the team went "oh shi-" and started playing.

And how many times have you seen teams thinking that it'll be a rollover whenever a guy from the opposition gets sent off... only to find it impossible to score.

Unfortunately, this is a realistic football game ¬_¬

Danny Rose has just become Tottenham's new Sol Campbell. After 12 years, 251 league games and however many cup and continental games, he refuses to sign a new contract and goes and joins Man Utd on a free :@

I'm in 2014 with Ajax, just won the CL for the first time (yay), but the game is getting a bit weird. I loaned out a player to West Brom, but when he was supposed to return it kept saying West Brom-contracted to Ajax, whatever I did he never f'n returned. I even added a new user, picked West Brom, but the player wasn't even in their squad! So he ended up not playing at ALL for 2 years until his contract ran out, now he's at the Wolves but because he missed 2 years he will never be as a good as was promised.

Also, I loaned out two players to Feyenoord. Every transfer period Feyenoord asks to extend their loan and I say yes. A week later they ask again and it keeps going on, so strange. I look at their contracts and according to the dates the contract keeps getting extended ONE WEEK. However, when the transfer period is over they stay at Feyenoord like was intended (12 month period), so....eh? :wacko:

Man Utd are hilarious. They sold Danny Simpson and then bought him back 3 years later for around 20m, and he's extremely average. They bought Scott Sinclair from Chelsea and then somehow managed to sell him for 19m to Barcelona (wtf? What is it with Sinclair and FM?). They sold their number one RB for the last 2 seasons to Everton for 5m. Bought Michael Johnson, a 32 year old Joe Cole for 11m, bought BACK a f'n 33 year old Evra for 12m and lastly Andrew Driver for 16m :mellow: Their team:

GK Ross Turnbull (wtf)

DR Danny Simpson

DL Fabio (and he's shit)

DC Vidic

DC 35 year old Ferdinand

MR Joe Cole

ML Downing

MC Carrick

MC Matthew James (the fuck? Existing player from their youth, and shit)

ST Welbeck (not even that special)

ST Rooney

God knows why Ronaldo doesn't play. Crazy game. Also, just to illustrate Arsenal's dominance in this game, they've won 3 Prem titles since 2008, 4 FA Cups, 4 League Cups, 3 Community Shields, 3 Champions Leagues, 3 European Super Cups and lastly 3 times Club World Champ. :pervert: