Football Manager 2009

King Ellis

So, I'm contemplating getting a new laptop or PC, and it'll likely have Windows Vista if I do, so, as my current unit is XP, will I be able to transfer save games over from my current one with a memory stick or will it not be possible? Anyone know?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, I'm contemplating getting a new laptop or PC, and it'll likely have Windows Vista if I do, so, as my current unit is XP, will I be able to transfer save games over from my current one with a memory stick or will it not be possible? Anyone know?

Aslong as the version of the game is the same (updates and such are the same) there shouldn't be any problem, I transfered accross to vista for while I was away (using my dad's laptop :shifty:) and then transferred back with no problems.

Fuck off, Elmander. :angry:

He was suffering from a goal drought.. scored twice, latter being the winning goal on 90+1 minutes. He beat my backup goalie to the ball and got a free header to the empty net after Jäsä's freekick. Those were also his first two goals of the season (nearing end of October) -.-

Dick. (N)

Aslong as the version of the game is the same (updates and such are the same) there shouldn't be any problem, I transfered accross to vista for while I was away (using my dad's laptop :shifty: ) and then transferred back with no problems.

Thanks for that, it'll all be the same version and everything yeah.

You know those 'Hints and Tips' that come up whenever the game is processing? Does anyone know somewhere where I might be able to read a list of those? I keep thinking that I almost grasp some incredibly useful detail that I never knew, but miss it because the game flicks forward so quickly. It's bloody annoying. :shifty:

1st August - Portsmouth makes a £2.3m bid for one of my players. I accept

3rd August - Portsmouth makes a £3.1m bid for the same player... I accept

6th August - Portsmouth makes a £3.9m bid for the same player... I accept

What the hell? It's almost as if the manager is playing catch up with an invisible team ¬_¬

Contining as Pompey in my not-very-accurate by design and my own tinkering 09/10 databased game. Adebayor is possibly having the best season ever. It is December and he's scored 15 goals, 14 in the league. We're fifth, and have beaten Man Utd (1-0), Liverpool (2-1) and Arsenal (1-0). Chelsea have given us a whipping in the Carling Cup and league (3-1 and 4-1, both times we took the lead).

Soon we shall play Citteh, both in the League and FA Cup. This should be interesting. It seems Portsmouth fans hate Joleon Lescott and Fellieni. They fap for Collison though.

Soooo I have been managing Newcastle for almost a decade in my current game and my last few seasons I have finished 7th, 6th, 4th, 3rd & 3rd with Arsenal winning the league year after year with a team that is similar to the current day squad, then money bags Man City tend to be a few points behind so I am now consistently finsihing above Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool. I then, season before last (the first 3rd place finish), win the FA Cup and reach the Semi Finals of the Champions League losing to Real Madrid by the odd goal on aggregate. I then go on to finish 3rd again last season with a consistent title push until a month before the end of the season where losses to Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea end the challenge, I fall out of the FA cup at the Semi Final stage to Arsenal before facing Arsenal again in the Champions League final and beating them 2-1 to win it for the first time ever for Newcastle. The boards reaction to this and my continued consistent improvement of the squad and its performances is to tell me that they were expecting me to be performing better in my job... Tossers, in the current season I lose to Arsenal on the opening day 3-0 before beating Chelsea 2-0 in the European Supercup final. So in just over a year a thoroughly trophy-less Newcastle United have finished consistently in CL places in the league as well as winning the FA cup, CL and the Euro Supercup and they expect me to perfom better?!?! :lmao:

So I just bought this on thursday, and because spurs give me no transfer money, I started up a new game. My friend instantly put the read on me when I started offering contracts:

[Plubby] Reece - Resident Gneius. Witness the Cunning of the Shinobi! says:

i offered 85K wages i think

2 mill signing fee

10K appearance, 10K goals

EdLim says:

HOLYHSIT

are you man city:?

[Plubby] Reece - Resident Gneius. Witness the Cunning of the Shinobi! says:

...maybe :pervert:

Think I'm gonna start a new game (I'll probably play it once and never go back to it, tbh) as a side project to my Man City/Inter/Betis game. Gonna be Arsenal and only buy players under 23, though unless I'm replacing a key squad member I think I'll try sticking to under 20. Gonna be using the most recent update I can find so I don't have Adebayor, because Van Persie/Eduardo/Arshavin/Walcott >>>>>>>>>>>>> him.

RE: My Man City/Inter/Betis game

Bunch of fucking wank.

EDIT: Fuck that shit, I wrote that when I was 2-0 down to Real away from home and after an inspired tactical change at half time I clawed back to snatch a draw! Awesome.

EDIT 2: Fuck it. I'm done.

Edited by Pesci

There have been times where I've been so annoyed with a result that I've rage-resigned. Sometimes it's awesome watching what the next guy does to your team or who wants to employ you.

I'm currently tempted to simulate about 13 years and start a game as a retiring/retired player. Just to try and work out the football landscape of someone who's been out of the game a few years ¬_¬

Managed to claw Pompey up to 2nd for a while! Adebayor has just destroyed people(28 goals in 27 games or there about) but I've had to ward off Arsenal who want him by setting his asking price at a cool 100 million. :pervert:

After simming a few years for the hell of it I think I've found my new favourite game.

I'm in 2012 atm and:

• Newcastle have a Qatar tycoon backing them
  • Jose Mourinho is manager of Man City
  • Arsene Wenger left in 2009, and since then Liam Brady has caretakered his way to two league titles, a Champions League win and the other two misc trophies that come with the CL win (Club World Championship and that other one). At the same time, Arsene's new team Roma have absolutely cleaned up in Italy, winning and retaining the league for the past 4 years.
  • Ryan Giggs manages Carlisle :o
  • There is a Cheltenham regen called Frank Zappa
  • Steven Taylor is England captain... :S

I will post this in the right thread:

Argh, just had my nine match unbeaten run ended by Man Yoo. 5-2 defeat. We have Chelsea next and they have thrashed us already. I shouldn't have started dreaming of Champions League glory :(