WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

JoeMimic

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing the gameplay, this just screeeeeeeams arcade to me (quick-time events = laammeee). I'm not saying the game ought to be a simulation, but the gameplay just looks like something I'll get sick of rather fast. And the size of the elbow pads irks the shit out of me. I'm gonna rent it for sure, but I just cannot see myself really enjoying it for a prolonged period of time.

Edited by Will Tang Clan

Pity Owen hart isn't in it

The whole roster hasn't been announced yet, they're doing it in parts...

He's right. Owen isn't in.

There is no "Wait it out, the full roster isnt out yet" about it.

Owen CAN'T LEGALY BE INCLUDED.

WWE would have to ask Owen's Sue-happy widow Martha for the rights to use his likeness in a video game, and she refuses to have anything to do with the WWE. Owen is all but out.

Only reason we can see him in DVDs or ANYTHING in the WWE is because they kept the rights to the video footage that contains him. It sucks, because I was a huge Owen Hart mark too.

Pity Owen hart isn't in it

The whole roster hasn't been announced yet, they're doing it in parts...

He's right. Owen isn't in.

There is no "Wait it out, the full roster isnt out yet" about it.

Owen CAN'T LEGALY BE INCLUDED.

WWE would have to ask Owen's Sue-happy widow Martha for the rights to use his likeness in a video game, and she refuses to have anything to do with the WWE. Owen is all but out.

Only reason we can see him in DVDs or ANYTHING in the WWE is because they kept the rights to the video footage that contains him. It sucks, because I was a huge Owen Hart mark too.

Oh yeah, I forgot about his widow.

The roster has apparently leaked according to Gerweck...

Andre the Giant

Animal

Arn Anderson

Bam Bam Bigelow

Big Bossman

Big John Studd

Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan

Bret 'Hitman' Hart

British Bulldog

Brutus Beefcake

Dusty Rhodes

Greg Valentine

Hawk

Honky Tonk Man

Hulk Hogan

Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Iron Sheik

Jake Roberts

Jim Duggan

Jim Neidhart

Jimmy Snuka

Junkyard Dog

Kamala

King Kong Bundy

Koko B. Ware

Michael Hayes

Mr. Perfect

Nikolai Volkoff

Paul Bearer

Ric Flair

Rick Rude

The Rock

Rowdy 'Roddy' Piper

Sgt. Slaughter

Shawn Michaels

Stone Cold Steve Austin

Ted DiBiase

Ultimate Warrior

Undertaker

Yokozuna

This does not include managers who are playable but must be unlocked. Managers confirmed for the game include Jimmy Hart, Bobby Heenan and Mr. Fuji.

If that's the real roster... I'm not impressed. I'll post my thoughts in spoilers for those not wanting to know the roster...

-Okay so the Legion of Doom were at 4 WrestleMania's... and they weren't in any high profile matches at any of them except when they teamed with Ahmed Johnson to take on the Nation, so why the hell are they there?

-Arn Anderson was at ONE WrestleMania... I mean, I love Arn but...

-Bruti can't relaly be left out I guess cause of teaming with Greg Valentine and Hulk.

-Dusty Rhodes was at one and was in an intergender tag...

-I'm glad to see Neidhart in there just to make more tag possibilities.

-Kamala was meant to be at one WrestleMania but the match was canceled...

-... Was Michael Hayes ever at WrestleMania?

I dunno I'm probably being picky... Just the way it was hyped up was that it was the big names of WrestleMania, so yeah.

I was hoping for Razor Ramon so we could relive the Ladder Match from Wrestlemania X.

Yeah some of the people I thought might've been included are:

Razor Ramon

Paul Orndorff

Demolition

Earthquake and Typhoon

Marty Jannetty (Especially for tag matches)

Irwin R. Schyster (See Jannetty)

Bob Backlund

Some of the choices are a little odd.

So the Road Warriors - generally accepted as the greatest tag team of all time - shouldn't be in the game because they only wrestled at four WrestleManias, but Bob Backlund should be in with his two Mania appearances, one of those being the unforgettable four minute classic with Razor Ramon? And the Natural Disasters with one WrestleMania match as a tag team? The Rockers were only at three WrestleManias and those matches were largely forgettable. And Mike Rotunda only competed as IRS at two WrestleManias.

Yes, the name of the game is Legends of WrestleMania, but we all know it's the long-rumored Legends game. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole relive/rewrite/redefine aspect of the game is only about main events and/or the truly classic matches like Hogan/Rock or Hart/Austin.

So the Road Warriors - generally accepted as the greatest tag team of all time - shouldn't be in the game because they only wrestled at four WrestleManias, but Bob Backlund should be in with his two Mania appearances, one of those being the unforgettable four minute classic with Razor Ramon? And the Natural Disasters with one WrestleMania match as a tag team? The Rockers were only at three WrestleManias and those matches were largely forgettable. And Mike Rotunda only competed as IRS at two WrestleManias.

Yes, the name of the game is Legends of WrestleMania, but we all know it's the long-rumored Legends game. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole relive/rewrite/redefine aspect of the game is only about main events and/or the truly classic matches like Hogan/Rock or Hart/Austin.

I was just a bit surprised to see them in when three of the matches they were in were pretty shit. I didn't realize Backlund was only at two, in all honesty. And the Natural Disasters, Marty and IRS in my list to give the game a bit more depth as far as tag team matches go, that was more along the lines of, "Well since the LOD are in why not give more tag teams..." You're right, though, my picks weren't really thought out as "Legends of WrestleMania" like the selections I didn't like.

The only inclusion I'm really pissed about is Kamala. That spot could of easily gone to someone who was a bigger star like a Ramon, Orndorff or Backlund.

Razor and Orndorff are the only glaring omissions simply for the ladder match and first main event respectively. Although without Mr. T, there's not really a big point to having Orndorff as it can just center around Hogan/Piper. I don't know why Hall isn't in there, perhaps a licensing issue, but I thought he had signed a Legends deal to put him in games.

Oh, huh, I didn't realize Legends was next-gen only until Sousa posted. Huh. I would've thought for sure it'd be on the PS2.