Need a new Action/Drama TV Show to watch.

K

If you've seen CSI then your probably like for the most part enjoy NCIS, It's not as forensic as CSI but that leaves room open for more drama and action and such and there is quite alot of humor too, Your decision not mine, But I love it.

I was coming into this thread specifically to mention NCIS. I'm watching it right now.

That's funny, Because I've been wondering if that was McGee in your avatar, Just don't say what he was crying over.

Isn't that... spiderman?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dexter. Anyone who has suggested it in this thread = awesome. It isn't gorey at all but you are gunning for a serial killer, no matter how good his intentions are. And I love Michael C. Hall ever since Six Feet Under.

I saw the first episode of Fringe, it was a bit meh. Wouldn't rush to see any more of it. Whilst I could criticise it for not being terribly realistic, I'm a big fan of Lost.. so I don't think that matters on its own, but when you couple that with the characters being boring and the show itself being dull, I didn't like it.

Heroes I'd recommend. I watched the first series but haven't gotten around to seeing any more. I felt the end of the first series was enough of a conclusion to the show for me, I don't need to see anymore. Not that I'm against seeing any more, I just never got round to it. Watching the second series now would probably be lost on me because I've forgotten a lot of stuff that happened in the first series. First series was good though.

Desperate Housewives I'd recommend as well.. It's one of those shows that you have to stick with though because it doesn't click as a show that appeals to our demographic at first. But stick with it and you'll find it to be very light viewing, nothing unpleasant, and a lot funnier than I thought it would be. After 4 series it has really come into its own stride.

.. Now I feel dirty for recommending Desperate Housewives.

Definitely check out Heroes. I'm surprised you haven't already because it seems to be exactly the kind of thing you are looking for, and is a highly rated TV juggernaught.. so it's pretty difficult to miss. Of the two though, I definitely enjoy Desperate Housewives more. It's got a quirky charm to it.. it's far more grounded in reality and tackling everyday issues than Heroes.. which I often can't relate to.

The Wire. Quite possibly my all-time favorite TV show, pure brilliance from start to finish. It takes a couple of episodes to warm up to it in the first season but once you get the pace and all of that it's wonderful.

Life rocks pretty hard. Burn Notice is pretty awesome, though a bit frustrating sometimes when you're practically begging them to move the actual plot forward instead of fucking around with the minor stories.

But Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles is probably my favorite show on TV right now. If you're looking for drama, shit heaps of action and relatively no gore, then I'd definitely check it out.

since nobody mention this i will do it....Bones

Just a hunch here but, maybe the reason no one mentioned it is because of this, the opening line of the topic:

I've just powered through the first three seasons of Bones (argh @ finale) and now I need something new to watch.