Jonathan Ross & Russell Brand Suspended

Scott McFly

How many people actually knew (and remembered) who Andrew Sachs was 2 weeks ago? If more than one or two people said they did then they're lying. I have the damn series on DVD and couldn't have told you his name, yes he was funny (albeit very offensive, ironically) but he's certainly not a "well-loved comedian".

Well then call me a liar, because I knew his name :P

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I knew his name, too. I think it's fair to call him a well-loved actor, even if it is just for one role. He's one of the most well-known comedy characters of all time for Brits, it's not as if you have to be on our screens prominently for your entire life to be loved. Though to be fair, the media shouldn't really have to mention his standing to get the point across that Ross and Brand were just being cunts. I'm glad to hear that Ross personally delivered flowers though, that's pretty classy of him.

He wasn't involved in the incident in question though.

Would you be saying the same if John Cleese had given a summarisation though? Or is it just because it's someone from Brand's 'side'? Same difference really. Longtime collaborators getting involved in the business of their entertainment 'partners'.

Seriously, politicans over there are getting involved in this? Seriously? I don't think you guys can lol, America anymore.

And in relation to John Cleese, I could see him finding this funny. I mean look at his eulogy at Graham Chapman's funeral. Guy has a fucked up sense of humour.

Would you be saying the same if John Cleese had given a summarisation though? Or is it just because it's someone from Brand's 'side'? Same difference really. Longtime collaborators getting involved in the business of their entertainment 'partners'.

It's nothing do with me being for or against a particular side in this issue and I don't see anything wrong with other people getting involved. I just think it is a bit rich of Gallagher to wade into this issue then question Gordon Brown/David Cameron's right to do exactly the same.

It's nothing do with me being for or against a particular side in this issue and I don't see anything wrong with other people getting involved. I just think it is a bit rich of Gallagher to wade into this issue then question Gordon Brown/David Cameron's right to do exactly the same.

Why? The point was made that Gallagher was a regular part of the show and thus this whole thing affects him directly where Brown/Cameron had nothing to do with the show...ever.

It hardly affects him at all. Yes, he's on the show fairly regularly but I can't imagine the show was of great importance to him and he wasn't of great importance to the show. Furthermore, the incident in question had nothing at all to do with him, so he's on a level footing with Brown/Cameron in that respect. He's just being hypocritical by voicing his opinion on the issue and criticising others for doing the same.

Edited by metalman

Without pay I might add. Guess the beeb needs to get a whole lot more 90's action movies lined up for Friday nights. >_>

And apparently Russell Brand was/is supposed to be on the episode of Buzzcocks to be shown tonight, so I'm not sure if that'll go ahead or if they'll show a repeat.