Jonathan Ross & Russell Brand Suspended

Scott McFly

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haev all the Russell Brand haters actually listened to the show?

Of course not. Most of the outrage comes from people who just don't like Brand and Ross, and are hoping this might get rid of them.

It was quite funny watching the BBC News bit on this yesterday. Every person they could find that actually thought Ross/Brand should be punished were either old, or at some point said "I've never really found them that funny anyway..."

Haev all the Russell Brand haters actually listened to the show?

Of course not. Most of the outrage comes from people who just don't like Brand and Ross, and are hoping this might get rid of them.

There's no getting rid of Russell Brand. He's already set to be the star of a film where he revisits his character from Forgetting Sarah Marshall, with Jonah Hill set to co-star.

My love for that man is unconditional.

Just a side question... but if this chick was so worried about her private life being out in the open... why the fuck would she have sex with a guy who is so open about his sexuality (...everything, really)? I mean, Brand is probably one of the most openly honest and unfiltered minds I can see in show business today. Having sex with him is like buying a huge billboard to announce it. It's going to be talked about eventually...

Seriously, who complains about the stuff they see on TV or hear on the radio?

What is the point in actually taking time out of your day to officially complain about something? If you don't like or or find it offensive, turn it the fuck off and don't try and spoil it for the rest of us.

I think Georgina Baillie is more upset with the fact that they verbally abused her grandfather. Let's face it, for someone in the Satanic Sluts or whatever and who's openly admitted she shagged Russell Brand I don't think she's too worried about her sex life being public. In fact, she's probably more embarrassed that now he's done this and that she shagged someone who's clearly a right cock rather than just the fact that she had sex with him and everyone knows.

But Brand's resigned now, I can't see Ross doing the same though from his £18m contract or whatever it is. If he's going he'll have to be pushed.

I'm interested to see what they put on BBC1 on Friday night when Ross' show isn't on. Probably just a movie or repeat of something I imagine, but it's a right pain for all the guests they've got booked and now won't be able to appear unless the BBC un-suspend him by Thursday which is when it's recorded I believe. Or they could have 4 Poofs & A Piano host. :shifty:

I'm interested to see what they put on BBC1 on Friday night when Ross' show isn't on. Probably just a movie or repeat of something I imagine, but it's a right pain for all the guests they've got booked and now won't be able to appear unless the BBC un-suspend him by Thursday which is when it's recorded I believe. Or they could have 4 Poofs & A Piano host. :shifty:

Fuck that, give the show to Mark Lamarr! I NEED LAMARR BACK ON MY TV DAMMUT!

I think they are just trying to divert our attention and hope that by Brown getting involved suddenly everyone will want to question him on Brand/Ross rather than the economy crisis and his belief of "spending more is the best way to save".

Doubt it will happen but these are dire times so they're willing to try anything.

I think Georgina Baillie is more upset with the fact that they verbally abused her grandfather. Let's face it, for someone in the Satanic Sluts or whatever and who's openly admitted she shagged Russell Brand I don't think she's too worried about her sex life being public. In fact, she's probably more embarrassed that now he's done this and that she shagged someone who's clearly a right cock rather than just the fact that she had sex with him and everyone knows.

But Brand's resigned now, I can't see Ross doing the same though from his £18m contract or whatever it is. If he's going he'll have to be pushed.

Under Siege 2!

Surely the BBC ultimately come out of this worse? Like him or not, Russell Brand is now a film star who brings with him a ready built following. There aren't many of them willing to do what really isn't a great slot, surely most young people are out on a Saturday night, not to mention the podcast which is regularly number one in download charts.

There was a thing on the news, I think yesterday, where at the BBC they interviewed the elderly, conservative people queueing up to see Alan GardenForceMan (what's his name?), who thought it wasdisgusting, and those queueing up for Never Mind The Buzzcocks who thought it was funny.

However, guess which generation has nothing better to do than complain? I get a lot of complaints from these types of people where I work. I think they're looking for validation that they're still actually alive.

I think, in all honesty, the BBC need to fuck off. They had chance to stop it, but chose not to. Brand and Ross accepted their part and said "alright, were stupid twats. We're sorry". Andrew Sachs said the equivalent of "you ARE twats, but let's forget about it". Now, everyone else in the universe is going "OMG! WHAT HAS GONE ON BEFORE OUR EYES!?!?!?!" as if it's a big shock.

Far from the fact that numerous swearwords have gone out over the BEEB's airwaves and where countless Eastenders characters have met grizzly deaths on Primetime television, it takes a stupid phonecall to an old man made by two emotionally challenged individuals to necessitate the Prime Minister of the country to come out and comment on the issue, despite the fact that his primary concern should be the failing economy. Surely we cannot believe that the majority of the nation believes that this is the big issue of the day?

The BBC are moronic dithering dickwits for continually reporting the story on their OWN news website before taking action (not to mention actually airing the show despite Andrew Sachs asking them not to). Brand and Ross are just dickwits for doing this, but they accept they made a mistake and you can't ask for more than that (and legally be able to receive it). And the newspapers/media are fucking dickwits for reporting the issue a week after it happened. If it was that big a deal, surely it would have been reported there and then?

All in all, it's the equivalent of two kids getting drawn into a fight by their classmates despite them having no real reason to fight.

Way too much commotion. However, they should be punished, because if anyone else did that to anyone else, there could quite easily be police involvement, and what these guys did in broadcasting it is actually worse. Regardless of what the granddaughter does or who she sleeps with. And to boot, it wasn't at all funny. What annoys me more about the whole thing is Brand's dismissive apology he put out afterwards, I don't there's anything that guy can do without being an utter pretentious wanker about it.

Yeah, the BBC are at fault for airing it anyway, but that doesn't mean the Brand and Ross are exempt from punishment because someone should have told them they were being tossers, they're old enough to know when they're being tossers.

Jonathon Ross is 48, 49 next month. He's on a contract that sees him earn £6million a year. You think someone in his position would be aware of the responsibilities he has as an employee of a company like the BBC. Russell Brand, well you can't really expect much more....

Ricky Gervais was on The One Show tonight and he was saying they crossed the line. He didn't really want to comment on it too much, but he did say that joking about something, even with bad language is one thing, but ringing up a 78 year old man, a real person, especially a well loved actor, and leave messages on his answer machine is just a totally different story - and there's no excuse for that.

Fuck that, give the show to Mark Lamarr! I NEED LAMARR BACK ON MY TV DAMMUT!

Agreed. Sack 'em both and get Lamarr on my tellybox!

Surely the Russell Brand ship sailed months, if not years ago and Jonathan Ross gets less entertaining and more of a pastiche every time I see him.

Yawns.

Simon Amstell must be shitting himself - if two of the BBC's leading celebrities get into this much bother for 'abusing' (as I've seen it called) a forgotten old man then God knows how much trouble he might get into for making fun of C-list celebrities.