John Travolta's Teenage Son Dies

LL!

NASSAU, Bahamas - The teenage son of actor John Travolta died suddenly on Friday during a family vacation in the Bahamas, according to the family’s lawyer.

Jett Travolta, 16, suffered a seizure at his family’s vacation home at the Old Bahama Bay Hotel on Grand Bahama Island, attorney Michael Ossi said. According to Access Hollywood, Jett fell and hit his head on the bathtub in his hotel room.

Attempts were made to revive him, but he died at the scene, Ossi said.

Jett, who had a history of seizures, was the eldest child of Travolta and his wife, actress Kelly Preston. They also have a daughter, Ella Blue, who was born in 2000.

Travolta, 54, and Preston, 46, were married in September 1991. Jett was born the following April.

Uncool. :(

Was this a pre-existing medical condition? If so, blame would likely fall squarely at the feet of Travolta and Preston if they never gave him the proper medical care he needs due to their fucking stupid religious beliefs.

Edited by Zero
re-worded so as not to directly imply anything

:rolleyes:

So we can't talk about Jeff Hardy being a (former?) meth-head whenever he is brought up in news bits, but because Travolta is a scientologist it's alright to assume his son's death might have had something to with their (backwards ass) religious beliefs? I would be interested to learn how long this history of seizures is before I am to assume anything, and any other information pertaining to such, before jumping to any conclussions.

Edited by Mr. X

I'm not assuming anything or jumping to any conclusion. I said if it was a pre-existing condition, blame would likely fall at Travolta's feet. There's always been some problem with this kid, and a lot of rumors surrounded him that I wouldn't accept as fact due to it being tabloid speculation, but he does have some medical condition.

It's not my fault that John Travolta belongs to a religion that refuses treatment for mental disorders; seizures are neurological... 2+2=?

To be fair, this isn't really about Travolta, this is more about how Scientology is pure evil.

Edited by Zero

I'm not assuming anything or jumping to any conclusion. I said if it was a pre-existing condition, blame would likely fall at Travolta's feet.

It's not my fault that John Travolta belongs to a religion that refuses treatment for mental disorders; seizures are neurological... 2+2=?

The conclusion is implied and you know it :P

Also, read about this earlier, and whilst it's very sad my first thought was "wow, slow news day", then I felt awful :(

:rolleyes:

So we can't talk about Jeff Hardy being a (former?) meth-head whenever he is brought up in news bits, but because Travolta is a scientologist it's alright to assume his son's death might have had something to with their (backwards ass) religious beliefs? I would be interested to learn how long this history of seizures is before I am to assume anything, and any other information pertaining to such, before jumping to any conclussions.

Yeah. I'm biting my tongue about some of the responces.

I'm not assuming anything or jumping to any conclusion. I said if it was a pre-existing condition, blame would likely fall at Travolta's feet.

I would guess by the 'history' bit it would be pre-existing. But who knows long this has been going on. And by no means am I sticking up for the scientologist lot, they are too much for me to handle. And as Benji was just discussing with me, these seizures could have been minor ones and it was decided by professionals that he was not a high risk at the time he was being observed.

Jett did not die from a seizure, but a seizure was a contributing factor based on the information we have right now.

5?

EDIT: By no means am I trying to make you out to be the bad guy. But I think the current information is not enough. Hopefully some good will come out of this as seizures and head injuries are something that are far from being unlikely.

Edited by Mr. X

All I'm saying is that I hope the kid didn't have a treatable condition that was left untreated due to a religion that doesn't acknowledge certain diseases. It's like when the entire continent of Africa is getting AIDS and the Catholic church keeps sending over missionaries that say "no condoms allowed!" But you're right, it was irresponsible of me to originally word it in the way that I did and goes against my general principles for The Ring. I let my blind hatred of organized religion cloud my judgment.

And I'm not denying the scenario as it happened, my dad just had a seizure this week and severely injured himself. My concern was with what was causing the seizures and if it was being treated. Scientology is very particular about neurological disorders and don't believe in many of them.

Edited by Zero

I completely understand the logic of hoping that this is a case of untreatable, if it comes out that he could have taken medication and it was the clouded judgment of his parents it'll be pretty upsetting. Hopefully some good will come out of this ordeal though. I still like you though Zero.

EDIT: I know of someone who has a history of seizures, but she has decided that crack is better than trying to take the medication to help her out. I can only imagine how scary it would be to either have one or deal with a loved one who is going through them. Hopefully Pappa Z is one of those people that does well with it.

Edited by Mr. X

Jett Travolta, the 16-year-old son of John Travolta and Kelly Preston, has died during a family vacation.

The family's attorney, Michael Ossi, confirmed the tragic news, telling Reuters the young man suffered a seizure at the Travolta clan's getaway at the Old Bahama Bay Hotel on Grand Bahama Island.

A police spokeswoman said Jett apparently banged his head on a bathtub Friday morning. Efforts were made to revive Jett, but he was pronounced dead at Rand Memorial Hospital, police said.

Citing privacy rules, a hospital official declined to release names, but told E! News, "We did have a young gentleman come in dead."

Meanwhile, Robert Gidel, president of Ginn Resorts, which owns Old Bahama Bay, said in a statement, "Our thoughts and prayers go out to John Travolta, Kelly Preston and their family on the tragic death of their son Jett."

"The Travolta family has become like family to us at Old Bahama Bay and we extend our deepest sympathies to them."

Jett had a history of seizures, according to Ossi. Preston had said her son suffered from Kawasaki disease, which can cause a variety of painful side effects, including seizures, and sometimes lead to heart problems.

Per Bahamian Chief Superintendent Basil Rahming, a team of officers from the Central Detective Unit were dispatched to investigate after receiving word at about 11:40 a.m. that Travolta's son had fallen ill.

Jett's body will remain at Rand Memorial pending an autopsy.

"It probably won't be until early next week that he's going to be shipped out of the country," said Glen Campbell, a mortician at the Restview Memorial Mortuary and Crematorium, which is handling the transportation of the body.

Jett, named for his dad's love of flying, was the couple's oldest child. They also have a daughter, Ella Bleu, born in 2000.

Source: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b77259_joh...tt_dead_16.html

Apparently he did have a history of diseases. I think I remember reading something about the Travolta's not seeking treatment for him because of Scientology a while ago, somewhere.

Whatever the truth may be, it's always sad to see someone go at only 16 years of age.

Edit: Found it: http://www.hollywoodinterrupted.com/archiv...our_heart.phtml. Take it with a grain of salt, though. Or maybe a full salt shaker.

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat