Now That's What I Call A Music Thread: 2009

YI

Can't wait to see Blakfish in September too after Ace's description of it. With BATS as well when I see them, fucking awesome band.

You'll enjoy it; they put on a good show. Wish they did more songs like Rollerskates but its good.

They got Randy Sage, Jeremy Kyle, Ringo etc. in, it's a good show definitely. Better if it's ~30 people in a hotel mind.

I dunno if anyone here is into him but it's worth a shot...

I would like to get into Brian Wilson's solo stuff a bit more. Reasons being that I love loads of the BBs music while he was a member plus I also have the Smile album which I really really like as well.

However, I'm not really sure what to expect with his music or what would be the best album to get. I only got Smile in the first place because I kind of already knew what I was going to be getting with it and I wasn't disappointed.

Brian Wilson's latest ("That Lucky Old Sun") is one of the best things he's done. I'd argue it's the best thing he's done since leaving the Beach Boys - the rest of his solo work is pretty patchy, though.

Someone help me decide if Broken Record's "Until The Eart Begins To Part" is wonderful or wank. I well and truly can't decide. On one hand it's in the same league as stuff like There Will Be Fireworks, We Were Promised Jetpacks and Bruce Peninsula as far as 'epic' music goes. On the other hand, I dunno, it seems overly pretentious for some reason. Either way, "If Eilert Loevberg Wrote A Song, It Would Sound Like This" is the best song title I've heard all year.

So, been a pretty beasty weekend for leaks, just trying to get caught back up. Here's what I've got to listen to;

"Daisy" by Brand New

"Ignore The Ignorant" by The Cribs

"1372 Overton Park" by Lucero

"Iron Front (EP)" by Strike Anywhere

"Gold Country" by Chuck Ragan

"The Life Of The World To Come" by The Mountain Goats

"Weight Of Air" by The Sidekicks

"Unmap" by Volcano Choir

• Like 1