What's your least favourite sport?

-A-

If we're going to pile on the NBA, then we really need to address their bastard stepchild, the WNBA.

When the league first started I was friends with a girl who REALLY wanted to go see a Liberty game and basically paid for me to go with her and bought me dinner afterwards because I wouldn't have gone otherwise. During that "game" I think I saw about 20 missed layups, and the general crappy play you'd expect out of an 8th or 9th grade girls gym class game and these were supposedly "the greatest female basketball players on the planet". From time to time she would continue to torture me by inviting me to go to games, and I even had the misfortune of having to watch one at her house one time and I can safely say that the "best" WNBA game of all time would not be worth sitting through because the players are just not that good. I'm shocked that we stayed friends, but thankfully she got off of the WNBA kick a few years ago and allowed for the healing in our friendship to begin :shifty:

I haven't watched more then a few minutes of cricket, so I can't really judge that. Rugby is okay if nothing else is on. I can watch almost any sport, really. Darts are even okay as long as the guy saying "180!" is there.

The only thing I won't watch, as naiwf said, is the WNBA. I enjoy NBA basketball from time to time. But the game in the WNBA is just not fun to watch at all.

Darts. What is that for a sport? It's a social pastime more than anything, I can't stand watching it. How they add the drama to it and overexaggerate on commentary annoys me too. Golf & Cricket rank right up there too, but I don't mind actually playing all three of them.

As for a league/union debate. League all the way. I'm fucking northern dammit and if we want to get somewhere we will run THROUGH the opponents. Not kick the ball every five seconds OVER the opponents and run around them. Kick. Kick. Kick. Kick... Kick. Kick.

I love that arguement. Love it to bits. Because not only is it wholly inaccurate unless you're watching a team of pussies like England who can't actually play with ball in hand, it's completely derailed by one word.

Scrum. It scared the shit out of Australia in the last World Cup, because they all play Fake Rugby down there, and it scares Fake Rugby players too.

"We're northerners, we can't be competitive and fight for the ball, we have to have it fed into the second row and make the entire premise of a scrum entirely pointless, because pushing and shoving each other for no reason is far more of a great sport than actually competing for something. Oh, and if we get tackled more than five times, let's just give up and give the ball to them, they clearly deserve it".

Have to agree about darts and all forms of cue 'sport' though. They're not sports, they're hobbies.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Hate watching F1. I don't mind NFL. I actually quite like it, but 100% understand the beef people have with it.

Tennis is good to watch, but the ATP series is annoying in that the way it's set out, the two best players in the world will always play in the final if they negotiate the other rounds. I'd love more tournaments where Nadal-Federer or Murray-Djokovic was possible in the first or second round.

Really like watching Snooker. The tactical side of the game is awesome.

Tennis is good to watch, but the ATP series is annoying in that the way it's set out, the two best players in the world will always play in the final if they negotiate the other rounds. I'd love more tournaments where Nadal-Federer or Murray-Djokovic was possible in the first or second round.

True, but you have to cater for the paying fan and the people who are shelling out big money for the Sunday final want to see Federer vs. Nadal or the top two players play each other, regardless of what the draw is the final would still be phenomenal. You don't win 6 matches and get to the final by not being great but the way it is is the fairest and most acceptable way - and always will be. They tried these round robin things and it just didn't work, a straight knockout tournament with 8/16/32 seeds is the best way.

As for the 5 tackles thing, I see it as a massively tactical part of the sport. If your under pressure then your forced to get better field position and then you kick it away, if your too deep then they start with much better field position and are more likely to score, should they kick the ball then there more likely to score or keep you deep. So your forced to attack well and defend well to keep the field position balance better.

One part of rugby I like, assuming its the same in Union, is when you score. YOU get the ball back, which is a great way of doing it I think. You score, you keep the ball, they score, they keep it.

I hate watching baseball but the only time they show it here is at like 4am on Channel 5 so it's never really an issue. With NFL, I love watching the actual physical encounters but I can't stand all the breaks in play and overly-tactical nature of the sport. I've never understood the appeal of putting Poker on TV either.

I'd be hardpressed to really pick a sport I can't stand to follow, I can even name 15-20 NASCAR drivers and know Jimmie Johnson. I also know a fair amount about F-1 and IndyCar. But auto racing, well, any sport with automobiles, definitely ranks as my least favorite. I do enjoy cycling though, so it's not all racing sports I dislike.

If we're going to pile on the NBA, then we really need to address their bastard stepchild, the WNBA.

When the league first started I was friends with a girl who REALLY wanted to go see a Liberty game and basically paid for me to go with her and bought me dinner afterwards because I wouldn't have gone otherwise. During that "game" I think I saw about 20 missed layups, and the general crappy play you'd expect out of an 8th or 9th grade girls gym class game and these were supposedly "the greatest female basketball players on the planet". From time to time she would continue to torture me by inviting me to go to games, and I even had the misfortune of having to watch one at her house one time and I can safely say that the "best" WNBA game of all time would not be worth sitting through because the players are just not that good. I'm shocked that we stayed friends, but thankfully she got off of the WNBA kick a few years ago and allowed for the healing in our friendship to begin :shifty:

People actually care about the WNBA? :o

People actually care about the WNBA? :o

I'm friends with a few of the female basketball players at my college and I've only ever talked about NBA or Men's NCAA with them. I'm taking that as an indication that they don't care about WNBA.

Cricket is probably my most hated. I just cant sit there and watch it, it's sheer horrendous. The same for golf. I can enjoy playing it, but cant stand to watch it, just no excitement what so ever to me. Oh and Rugby, it's possibly the most shit sport, it just doesn't have the appeal that American Football does.

On the other hand is obviously football, the most exciting sport there is in my book. NFL is awesome, which is weird because years and years ago I didn't really know anything about it or care for it one bit, then suddenly started to love it and realise how great it actually was. Maybe I was put off for so long from being constantly told it was shit and nothing happened in it because they have a break every thirty seconds, fuck off.

I can watch most sports if the atmosphere is right. Baseball is probably my least favorite, but if it's an entertaining game with a lively, more than half empty crowd, I can watch a few innings. It helps if you are pretty baked. It helps suck you into the game. I'll give baseball it's due, it is fun to play.

Golf I won't even watch for a second. Again, it is fun to play once in a while, though. Before you want to rip your hair out. And I suck, so I'm spent on a round quite quickly.

A lot of people over here shit on soccer (football, sorry) but much like baseball, I can watch an entertaining game with a great atmosphere. With much more ease than I can baseball. And I don't even need to be baked either. Once more, it is fun to play, so it's in my good books.

WNBA isn't even on my radar.

I don't mind tennis, but it gets kind of boring rather quick for me.

NASCAR, or any motor sport really, I can't watch, though. It's just plain boring to me.

I want to smack people that call poker a sport. Or pro video gaming or whatever you would call it.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

I would say Nascar but i don't consider it a sport, so i don't count curling either. I also don't consider darts, poker and bowling sports. I also don't really consider Golf a sport, but i will play. I also want to murder anyone who considers; Bowling, Darts, Poker and Eating a sport.

So my least favorite(s) are; Soccer and Judo.... Followed closely by, Basket Ball(i'll play but won't watch) and Jiu-Jitsu.

Edited by Wrath of Kane