What's your least favourite sport?

-A-

Darts, snooker, pool and poker aren't sports, even if they do get coverage on Sky Sports and their ilk.

As for Union or League, I go for club League, international Union.

Least favourite sports.......I guess it is a toss up between baseball and basketball. Working in a betting shop, I can pretty much watch any sport to some degree and fashion some enjoyment out of it, and can do with these two to some extent, but baseball can be a little bit on the boring side, and although it may sound weird, I just don't like how much scoring there is in basketball. In football (both American and Soccer), Ice Hockey and most other games, scoring is a big thing, whilst in Basketball it just goes to the other team who are down the other end in 5 seconds scoring themselves. Just doesn't work for me.

My favourite sports, since a couple of other people listed them, are football, NFL or Ice Hockey.

I've honestly spent time watching a bit of everything it seems. I remember watching Sumo pretty regularly on Eurosport (Takenohana FTW!.....can't remember too many more, although I used to watch it when Akebono was still competing), I ended up watching Lacrosse on Eurosport 2 at work not too long ago, and Kabbadi used to get a viewing every Saturday when they used to show it on Channel 4, around the same time that Goal Italia and NFL Blitz were shown.

Pah Judo's pretty good to watch actually. Sumno on the other hand is horribly boring cos the TV coverage is really long and drawn out and the fights are over in about 10 seconds.

Acutally i enjoy what little Sumo i've seen. I don't find Judo boring at all. i just don't like it, because i know alot of judoka who are all ass clowns. That and every judoka i've ever met has tried to put down my favorite sport so fuck them.

The only real sport i refuse to watch because of i can't be entertained is Basket Ball. i don't like soccer, but occasionally i'll catch a game that isn't too boring, or i'll be pumped up to watch it. i'm just not a big fan of it.

I want to watch more handball and korfball but they're never shown in the UK. Boo.

Handball is on semi-regularly on Eurosport. I often try and catch a game or two if there's no other big sports on, but it's not rare I see Handball on.

EDIT: Just checked Eurosport2 UK has some Champions League Handball on at 4:15. If you have access to that, then there you go :)

Edited by IAceI

I barely even count the 'fringe' sports IE: Poker, Bowling, Pool, Darts, Ect... but they are just unbearable to watch for me.

I can't stand car racing. far too repetitive and it's kind of hard to consider drivers athletes (Yes, I know they are under immense physical stress & need good reflexes, but when you are watching they just seem like guys driving in big circles for about 3 hours).

Of the major sports, Baseball is one of the hardest to watch, unless it's live or the post-season. Hockey was really terrible for awhile, but since they changed the rules up and people can actually score now it's not so bad.

Cricket, I find it terminally dull and if a game can be played for five days and still be a draw, it's pretty worthless. Not a fan of Rugby, American Football or Baseball either.

I really can't watch soccer or tennis, they're just boring to me. Golf as well. Just boring, boring, boring to watch on tv.

And I may be in the minority but I prefer NBA basketball to college. I like college but only care about it for one month in an entire year, whereas I can watch the NBA almost anytime a game's on.

And of course I love both football (American) and baseball. Baseball's good because while it's fairly boring, you can switch channels for awhile and still get the jist of it. Plus, drinking while it's on helps, especially if it's a live game.

Even though it's not the most boring, Rugby League infuriates me. I was raised on Union and League seems like a training game with all the colour and variation taken out of it with no kicking and just two lines of people running into each other British Bulldog-style.

I agree with the League/Union point too. I grew up on Union and played it for a club a little. League just seems to have had all the nuances and subtlties that make Union a better game, taken out of it and replaced with each team getting six attempts to get from one end of the pitch to the other while everyone runs into eachother rather than trying to pass AROUND eachother.

League vs. union video I found :P

Golf, NASCAR and every variation and closely associated sport to tennis. Cricket and every soccer game that's not the world cup finals is pretty gay, too. I can't watch hockey either. Maybe a period or something, but not an entire game. Basically every sport not Basketball or Football. But Baseball is alright and all the fighting ones are sick. Yeah.

Edited by Mr. Evil Guy

Golf, NASCAR and every variation and closely associated sport to tennis. Cricket and every soccer game that's not the world cup finals is pretty gay, too. I can't watch hockey either. Maybe a period or something, but not an entire game. Basically every sport not Basketball or Football. But Baseball is alright and all the fighting ones are sick. Yeah.

Get the fuck out of my country. :P

And as a sidenote to my baseball hate, I actually enjoy playing fantasy baseball the most out of all sports for some reason.

As for the 5 tackles thing, I see it as a massively tactical part of the sport. If your under pressure then your forced to get better field position and then you kick it away, if your too deep then they start with much better field position and are more likely to score, should they kick the ball then there more likely to score or keep you deep. So your forced to attack well and defend well to keep the field position balance better.

It's the same in Union though, the only difference is, tactically, you're not forced to kick it after four tackles. Which, by the way, is one the things you hate most about Union... the kicking.

Generally, kicking in Union at International level happens in one of three circumstances:

- You've got no better attacking options

- You're in the shit defensively

- You're playing in white. :shifty:

You probably don't hate Union. You hate the way England play. In which case, I agree completely, Wilkinson-era England are awful to watch, and to play against (even when Johnny himself isn't playing). But that code doesn't cause that style of play - you could do the same in League.

• Like 1

As for the 5 tackles thing, I see it as a massively tactical part of the sport. If your under pressure then your forced to get better field position and then you kick it away, if your too deep then they start with much better field position and are more likely to score, should they kick the ball then there more likely to score or keep you deep. So your forced to attack well and defend well to keep the field position balance better.

It's the same in Union though, the only difference is, tactically, you're not forced to kick it after four tackles. Which, by the way, is one the things you hate most about Union... the kicking.

Generally, kicking in Union at International level happens in one of three circumstances:

- You've got no better attacking options

- You're in the shit defensively

- You're playing in white. :shifty:

You probably don't hate Union. You hate the way England play. In which case, I agree completely, Wilkinson-era England are awful to watch, and to play against (even when Johnny himself isn't playing). But that code doesn't cause that style of play - you could do the same in League.

Sorry for double post but I didn't realise this thread had turned into a Union/League debate. Both sports have their annoying aspects, such as the constant charging in Rugby League (you have 6 tackles before turnover, so why do they always just piss away the first 3 by charging straight into the defence) and constant kicking in Rugby Union. For me, I can watch either code but ideally I'd like to see some middle ground (although it'd obviously never happen).