NFL 2009

livid

So apparently both the Bucs and Lions were trying to get a 3 team deal done with the Broncos and Patriots to try and get Cutler in exchange for Cassel and then of course, draft picks to the Patriots.

And yeah, the Patriots basically get a 1st round pick out of the deal, they just don't have to pay the player like one.

Wait... what? Denver was wanting to unload Cutler for Matt Cassell? Why?

I'm assuming because of Cassel's relationship with Josh McDaniels, the new coach for the Broncos.

It makes sense really if you think about it. I mean alot of time coaches get rid of the previously precieved franchise thrower for someone they feel more comfortable with.

Personally i think Cutler is a season or two away from being an elite QB, but it makes sense to get a guy you know better.

Cutler wants out of Denver now. lol, Broncos.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-166...-be-traded.html

The Denver Broncos may have seriously damaged their relationship with quarterback Jay Cutler.

A source close to the situation confirmed that the Broncos were trying to acquire quarterback Matt Cassel from the New England Patriots by dangling Cutler, their Pro Bowl quarterback.

The trade talk infuriated Cutler, who now wants to leave the Broncos.

Fixed the link.

Edited by naiwf

Ahahahahaha yeah I read earlier that Cutler was mad that his name was even in trade talks and now this. Maybe Detroit will get their franchise quarterback after all. (Y)

I doubt they'll end up trading him and he probably will play, but it'd just be fantastic if they somehow fucked that up.

I gotta ask, since almost everyone i've seen in this thread is anti-anything patriot, why? whats so bad about them? I know they "cheated" their coach may or may not be an ass, and everyone hates a winner but is there another reason why everyone seems to hate them on this board?

I'm just wondering, because it's intrested to see everyone hate the same team, you would think they were the New York Yankees.

Its because Patriot fans are the football equal of Yankees fans, and because this is a football thread and not a baseball thread so no one's going to talk about the Yankees in here anyway.

Personally? I'm a Raider and Laker fan, so I have two reasons to hate Boston.

so basically people don't like them because they are so good? i mean i hate the Yankees as much as the next guy, but atleast the Patriots won there championships without having an unfair money advantage and having the abilty to spend anything they want like the yankees do.

I'm mainly a Vikings Fan but i support the patriots, because the first football game i ever saw was a patriots game. i've like them eversince. i would have liked them more had they won that game but what can you do.

No, we dislike them because their fans are jackasses. I thought I made that obvious.

I guess thats just personal expierence.. and yes you made it obvious i just missed it. But i could argue well lets not go there.... anyone can have bad experiences with fans.

Everyteam has jackasses that follow them.

No, I'm pretty sure everyone sees cunt Patriot fans all the time. I certainly do. Waaaaay more than other teams. Except maybe the Steelers.

Because they are successful they have a bunch of annoying bandwagon followers that barely know anything about them(especially in Canada, where we have no team so everyone just goes to the most successful franchise every year.). It's really annoying and after that, they get all this drama and then we all leap onto them because we are so annoyed of the bandwagoners, then the knowledgeable Patriot fans get upset and it's an ongoing debate on why the Patriots are great or why they suck.

Well, that's what I get out of it. I may be wrong though.

PS I like Cassel though, and I like the Chiefs. So woo. :)

EDIT: PS2; I'm not sure if that made sense or not, but whatever. <_<

Edited by Mr. Evil Guy

No, I'm pretty sure everyone sees cunt Patriot fans all the time. I certainly do. Waaaaay more than other teams. Except maybe the Steelers.

Because they are successful they have a bunch of annoying bandwagon followers that barely know anything about them(especially in Canada, where we have no team so everyone just goes to the most successful franchise every year.). It's really annoying and after that, they get all this drama and then we all leap onto them because we are so annoyed of the bandwagoners, then the knowledgeable Patriot fans get upset and it's an ongoing debate on why the Patriots are great or why they suck.

Well, that's what I get out of it. I may be wrong though.

PS I like Cassel though, and I like the Chiefs. So woo. :)

oh... well most of the pompus football fans i've meet support The Packers, The Cowboys, The Steelers, The Colts and The Bears. of course the bears may just be because where i live.

Not to mention the ridiculous amount of bandwagon pats fans. During football season, if the pats are winning, everyone turns into Tommy from Quinzee, dressed head to toe in patriots shit. It makes me almost want to cheer for someone else....or at least hope they all get hit by a bus.

Not to mention the ridiculous amount of bandwagon pats fans. During football season, if the pats are winning, everyone turns into Tommy from Quinzee, dressed head to toe in patriots shit. It makes me almost want to cheer for someone else....or at least hope they all get hit by a bus.

yes, but it's the same for The Cowboys and Colts and Steelers too. hell the chargers where 4-8 last year and everyone was talking superbowl.