NFL 2009

livid

Continuing to use the salary-cap space freed up by the Matt Cassel trade, the Patriots reached an agreement with former Redskins cornerback Shawn Springs on Thursday.

Bills running back Marshawn Lynch has pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count of carrying a firearm in a vehicle in California, and released a statement through his attorney Gerald Schwartzbach.

Philadelphia traded wide receiver Greg Lewis to New England. Terms still to come.

The Lions will not distribute Corey Smith’s jersey No. 93 this season, as the organization continues to deal with his disappearance, according to the Detroit Free Press. The team has stopped short of making plans for a memorial, but for right now, no Lion will wear No. 93.

The San Francisco Chronicle reports that WR Javon Walker did a major restructuring of his contract to remain with the Raiders.

Vince Young told owner Bud Adams that he is not going to ask for a trade, but instead will work to get his job back.

I can't see the Patriots signing TO unless he signs for the minimum for one year and that will never happen. Even if it did, I'm not too sure that he is controllable. He's just a loose cannon and a douchebag.

Yeah, Pats are definitely not going to bother. They just traded for Greg Lewis from the Eagles and signed Shawn Springs today. I really can't predict who he'll land with, it all depends on how picky he is as far as teams go - I'm under the impression he wants a ring, but he might not pass up a really huge deal.

I find it hilarious that any time a player's name is mentioned, I Love Pokemon is quick to be in here mentioning the Vikings.

Also, Javon Walker restructuring his contract is great. If he can come back and be half the reciever he could be, he'd be better than anyone in Oakland since Moss.

thats not saying much, considering Moss wasn't very good for Oakland. he mostly sucked in oakland. But Walker if he stays healthy should be pretty good.

So, I love the vikings and i mentioned i wished they would find some way to get him, is that a crime? is it a crime to hope my favorite team gets a player to make them better.

The Pats trading for Greg Lewis is really a surprise to me. As an Eagles fan, I had a bit of a soft spot for GLew...he made some good plays when given the chance. But so far our wideouts are shaping to be D. Jax, Kevin Curtis, Jason Avant and Reggie Brown...figure we'll work Westbrook in there on a few 5 wideout sets unless we draft or sign some of the lone remain FA wideouts there are.

Eagles will probably draft a wideout in the draft's early rounds. As well as a RB to backup and eventually replace Westbrook. Don't see much point for them to sign one right now.

Yeah, the wideout draft class this year is REALLY deep, which is also why I can't see the Pats (or most teams for that matter) dropping a huge wad of cash for TO. This year, odds are you can get a second day receiver that will turn out to be pretty decent.

I don't see the Ravens or Vikings making an attempt for T.O. Both head coaches are former Eagles coaches, so they've had first hand experience with the crap that he pulls

The RB is more of a concern to me than any other spot right now. Westbrook is versatile, but he's too injury prone and not powerful to run in between the tackles. I am hoping and praying they take Beanie Wells with their first pick, and then try and add depth to the offensive line. The depth is starting to get thing at tackles by losing Thomas and Runyan; Andrews is a great replacement, but the depth sucks. Winston Justice? Anyone remember that "great" performance he had two years a go against NY?

The RB is more of a concern to me than any other spot right now. Westbrook is versatile, but he's too injury prone and not powerful to run in between the tackles. I am hoping and praying they take Beanie Wells with their first pick, and then try and add depth to the offensive line. The depth is starting to get thing at tackles by losing Thomas and Runyan; Andrews is a great replacement, but the depth sucks. Winston Justice? Anyone remember that "great" performance he had two years a go against NY?

You're complaining about Westbrook being injury prone, yet you want Beanie Wells? The knock on him is that he's injury prone.