NFL 2009

livid

Remember when the Broncos said that Cutler was their guy and would never, ever be traded?

CBSSports.com wire reports

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos said Tuesday they will grant Jay Cutler his request and try to trade the disgruntled Pro Bowl quarterback.

There is no shortage of teams interested in the 25-year-old rocket-armed quarterback whose unhappy offseason began with Mike Shanahan's firing and has haunted new coach Josh McDaniels' budding regime.

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen released a statement saying both he and McDaniels had been unable to get Cutler to call them back over the past 10 days. Bowlen said he spoke with Cutler's agent, Bus Cook, on Tuesday and came away convinced "that Jay no longer has any desire to play for the Denver Broncos."

Therefore, Bowlen said, "We will begin discussions with other teams in an effort to accommodate his request to be traded."

Cook didn't immediately return messages left by the Associated Press, and McDaniels, through a team spokesman, declined to comment.

lol, Broncos. Good luck with finding a replacement for your Pro Bowl caliber QB.

I wonder who he'll end up with? i'm thinking San Francisco might take a shot since they are reportedly not intrested in Matthew Stafford. Also The Lions and Tampa along with The Jets figure to go hard after him.

I think The Lions, should trade their first round pick to get Cutler. I think he's a safer bet then anyone they could draft.

Honestly I don't blame Cutler. Josh McDaniels came in and wanted to trade a pro bowl qb for what was a one year wonder. McDaniels has been the unprofessional one and I personally think this is the worst start for a head coach ever

Honestly I don't blame Cutler. Josh McDaniels came in and wanted to trade a pro bowl qb for what was a one year wonder. McDaniels has been the unprofessional one and I personally think this is the worst start for a head coach ever

Cutler asked to be traded before McDaniels was even hired. Then McDaniels listens to an offer, one that never materialized, and Cutler throws a fit.

Cutler's being a bitch about everything and I'm going to laugh when he gets traded to Cleveland and sucks. He might have the physical tools to be a good/great QB, but mentally and emotionally he clearly isn't all there.

What's going to happen when he gets traded to a team and things don't go the way he wants? Is he going to take his ball and go home then too?

If I was a Broncos fan (I'd shoot myself) then I'd say good riddance. Screw Jay Cutler.

cutleradoption.JPG

Maybe if the Broncos can't trade Cutler they can get Madonna to adopt him.

Edited by Evil Chase K

He wasn't happy that Shanahan was canned, but the fact that McDaniels was an offensive guy placated him until the whole Cassel situation hit the fan.

I can see where Cutler's upset about apparently being lied to, but seriously. Anyone can be traded at any time, it's pretty much a necessary evil of the business. Both these guys are total pussbags in this situation. Here's hoping Denver goes 1-15 and McDipshit gets drummed out on his ass. Guy looks so full of himself every time I see him on TV.

Cutler's a whiner, sure, but at least he's whining for better reasons than someone like T.O.

If they redskins trade for Cutler, they should include Jason, i mean it will be worse for Denver then having Cutler, but they would still get a young proven starter. Plus then the skins might not have to trade a first/second, they could get away with a 3-5 pick.

But i'm kind of shocked by the idea, everything i've heard as been about how much the QB play has improved under Zorn, so they go to get a new one? i mean i know Snyder likes to do that, but yeah i mean really.