NFL 2009

livid

1. Detroit Lions - Matthew Stafford - QB - Georgia.

Personally, I wouldn’t take Stafford. I wouldn’t take any QB #1 unless I’m sold that he is going to be the future of my team. Plus I’ve never liked the idea of taking a quarterback when you have so many other pressing needs…most notably on the offense line. However the Lions have backed themselves into a corner where they just about HAVE to take Stafford, and hope he becomes the face of the franchise. They are hoping for another Matt Ryan. I’m predicting another Alex Smith.

2. St. Louis Rams - Jason Smith - OT - Baylor.

Best tackle in the draft for a team that needs help on the offensive line. After picking second last year, maybe the Rams will follow the Dolphin’s blue print of getting out of the top five in the draft….build up your offensive line, and maybe then your 60 million dollar quarterback won’t suck.

3. Kansas City Chiefs - Aaron Curry - LB - Wake Forest.

Versitile player that would fit perfectly in New England…which means he will fit in KC’s plans. Lets hope he isn’t another over rated bust like Glen Dorsey. The poor people in KC need a break.

4. Seattle Seahawks - Mark Sanchez - QB - USC

If this goes down with Sanchez going to Seattle, this could be the best player in the draft down the road. Lets face it, Seattle doesn’t pick this high too often, so they aren’t going to get a lot of chances to pick what could be the face of the franchise in three or four years.

5. Cleveland Browns – Eugene Monroe - OT – Virginia

With Stallworth and Winslow out the door, and Braylon Edwards on the trading block, the Browns may be tempted to go for Crabtree. However with Man-Genius history of drafting linemen…I went with the best player on the board,

6. Cincinnati Bengals - Michael Crabtree - WR - Texas Tech

With Houza playing ball in Seattle, and Ocho Cino wanting to be moved again….the Bengals need a player at wideout desperately.

7. Oakland Raiders – Andre Smith - OT - Alabama

Um…. Yeah, Oakland has a history of drafting “questionable characters” and offensive linemen. He seems to be a perfect fit. I actually like this pick up, and could help protect JaMarcus Russell and Darren McFadden.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars - BJ Raji - DT - Boston College

I just don’t see the Jags going WR again. Del Rio could, but I think they are going to want to go after a combo DT like they had a few years ago.

9. Green Bay Packers - Aaron Maybin - LB - PSU

Green Bay loves grabbing Big Ten linebackers….Maybe this is where someone who needs a tackle could jump up.

10. San Francisco 49ers - Brian Orakpo - DE/LB - Texas

The Niners actually have a solid defense….just not a great one. As a fan, I personally would like for them to go after Macklin or another play maker of that sorts….however every single mock draft I’ve seen shows Orakpo going here, so I will follow the trend.

11. Buffalo Bills - Michael Oher - T - Ole Miss

The Bills need a tackle….I wonder though. Why pay a tackle first round money, when you wouldn’t pay the same amount of money to the pro bowl tackle you traded away.

12. Denver Broncos – Tyson Jackson - DE – LSU

I typically wound stay far away from LSU players, but everyone is high on him, and he seems to fit the versitle style that fits a New England style player.

13. Wash Redskins - Jeremy Maclin - WR - Mizzou

Daniel Synder LOVES the big name….Macklin is about the last big name out there. If Macklin is off the board, I wouldn’t rule out Josh Freeman here.

14. New Orleans Saints - Chris "Beanie" Wells - RB - Ohio State

The Bayou said Bye Bye to Deuce….and they need a RB that can actually do more then return punts.

15. Houston Texans - Clay Matthews - LB - USC

16. San Diego Chargers - Rey Mauluga - LB - USC

17. New York Jets - Knowshon Moreno - RB - Georgia

18. Denver Broncos – Josh Freeman - QB - KSU

You do not build a team around Kyle Orton…especially if you want to be a passing team. My guess is that McDaniels’ wants to prove he can build the next Brady/Cassell.

19. Tampa Bay Buccanneers - Vontae Davis - CB – Illinois

20. Detroit Lions – - Robert Ayers - DE - Tennessee

I originally pened Pettigrew in for this pick, however at the last moment I switched to Ayers simple because Swartz may want to begin to build a front seven….now he just needs the other six people,

21. Philadelphia Eagles Everette Brown - LB - FSU

Tempted to go Britton, but if Brown is still o the board….Philly will nab him.

22. Minnesota Vikings - Darius Butler - CB - Connecticut

23. New England Patriots Malcolm Jenkins - CB/S - Ohio State

24. Atlanta Falcons - - Brandon Pettigrew - TE - Oklahoma State

Tempted to say Harvin….but went with the tight end.

25. Miami Dolphins – Peria Jerry - DT - Mississippi

26. Baltimore Ravens – Alphonso Smith - CB - Wake Forest

27. Indianapolis Colts - Eben Britton - OT – Arizona

28. Buffalo Bills - Alex Mack - C - Cal

29. New York Giants - Kenny Britt - WR - Rutgers

30. Tennessee Titans – Percy Harvin - WR/RB - Florida

Chris Johnson was their best pick last year….lets see if they will give Collins/Young another weapon to work with, or if they will try and replace Haynesworth.

31. Arizona Cardinals - Sean Smith - CB/S - Utah

32. Pittsburgh Steelers - Larry English - DE - Northern Illinois

Edited by iMikel

'

As an Eagles fan, I disagree with that. We have 3 young talented LBs as it is. I don't see us taking another one in the first round.

As for Da Bears taking Derrick Williams, I'd say no. I've watched both him and Butler at PSU and I think Butler has a bigger upside then Williams.

Dunno if the Skins will take a reciever, they took Thomas and Kelly in the second round last year and are still waiting on them to pan out.

'

As an Eagles fan, I disagree with that. We have 3 young talented LBs as it is. I don't see us taking another one in the first round.

As for Da Bears taking Derrick Williams, I'd say no. I've watched both him and Butler at PSU and I think Butler has a bigger upside then Williams.

Brown would play DE in a 4-3 which is somewhat of a need for you guys. A bigger need, however, is getting McNabb the help he said he wanted to re-sign with the team and I'm assuming that means on offense and I would assume they would have to go either TE or RB.

And yeah, the Redskins I would see taking Brown or Ayers if it pans out like that as they're in need of a pass rush.

Source: Lions have Aaron Curry in fold if Matthew Stafford doesn't sign soon

by Tom Kowalski

Wednesday April 22, 2009, 5:19 PM

AP File PhotoWake Forest linebacker Aaron Curry runs a drill at the NFL football scouting combine in Indianapolis.

According to a league source, the Detroit Lions have completed contract terms with Wake Forest linebacker Aaron Curry and the team is now waiting to see if it can reach an agreement with their No. 1 target, Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford. The source said the Lions will not allow a decision to go beyond Friday and if a deal isn't done with Stafford by then, the team will sign Curry and take him with the first overall draft pick.

The source said he believes that Stafford's agent, Tom Condon, will eventually agree to a deal with the Lions but probably won't do it until it gets closer to the Friday deadline.

The price of the contract can only go up in the final hours so Condon will likely push the issue as far as he feels he has something to gain.

The Lions, according to the source, aren't budging and are just waiting to see if Stafford accepts their deal before they move to Curry. The Lions have been adamant that they want to get their draft pick signed before the draft starts at 4 p.m. on Saturday.

That being from mlive.com, a Michigan based news site.

For the love of god, just fucking sign Curry. We have too many holes to draft a guy that wont make an impact this year.

Edit - Oh and I got a kick out of this. A look at the Lions new fierce logo and it's potential influence on other teams. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=nfl

Edited by VerbalPuke

Edit - Oh and I got a kick out of this. A look at the Lions new fierce logo and it's potential influence on other teams. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=nfl
That new Bills logo is awesome.

As long as the Browns don't pick Orakpo, I'm happy. I'd rather go with Larry English in the second (if he's still on the board then...).

Aaron Curry/Michael Crabtree/Trade down. Orakpo's too risky.

My ideal first two picks are Aaron Curry and Brian Robiskie. Then at 50 we can go DB.

As long as the Browns don't pick Orakpo, I'm happy. I'd rather go with Larry English in the second (if he's still on the board then...).

Aaron Curry/Michael Crabtree/Trade down. Orakpo's too risky.

My ideal first two picks are Aaron Curry and Brian Robiskie. Then at 50 we can go DB.

Orakpo is the best player in this draft.

Curry falling to you would be a miracle and isn't happening, Crabtree is just horrendously overrated and will be a bust if not in the right system (being a #1 in CLE isn't beneficial).

The Giants aren't going to end up with Edwards OR Boldin. Great. Here's to next year's top 10 pick when the running game gets shut down as they have to deal with 8 in the box on almost every 1st & 2nd down play.

So, Hakeem Nicks then huh. At least he's cheaper. :shifty:

Edited by ACCBiggz

Orakpo is the best player in this draft.

:lol:

He's a great pass rusher, but he's inconsistent, doesn't have a great motor, he needs to develop some more pass rushing moves and he can be run at. He's not a very well rounded prospect.

Edited by Evil Chase K

24. Atlanta - Brandon Pettigrew, TE

Another tough choice, but they could look to help facilitate Ryan with a TE they like.

Well, this pick is wrong already. Traded for Tony Gonzalez only giving up a second rounder. This will allow them to focus elsewhere.

Hood, Matthews, and Delmas could be alternates.

And Chase, we'll see in a few years.