NFL 2009

livid

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl,161041

I wouldn't be surprised if this story isn't true at all, but if it is and Favre really has this vendetta against Green Bay, then wow, that further adds a layer of assholery to a guy that's already sullied all of the goodwill from fans with a shitty last season.

Favre is going to be a Viking, the year-long journey is over. I fully expect to hear it announced in the coming days.

And even if you don't hear it announced, it'll be brought up 24-7 on ESPN regardless.

Favre is going to be a Viking, the year-long journey is over. I fully expect to hear it announced in the coming days.

And even if you don't hear it announced, it'll be brought up 24-7 on ESPN regardless.

Unless the Celtics beat the Magic, in which then the Boston/NY favoritism kicks in.

Brett Favre is the ultimate opportunist.

But you have to admire his swashbuckling style

I would like to be a sports writer. The only problem I have with them is some of things they say. The biggest problem being how biased they are..which is something different I like to offer. While there are teams I can't stand, I still respect them for what they do..I can't stand the Patriots or the Steelers, but I give respect where respect is due. You have a lot of writers that don't know how to do that. Especially when it comes to the Buccaneers. Nobody likes to give that team the credit they deserve because of what the used to be and where they are now.

1. This is probably because you're reading columnists. Columnists =/= journalists. Every writer has biases whether they cover politics, sports, fashion, or woodworking. The best writers can let their biases go and look at things objectively.

2. The internet is a cesspool of wannabe journalists and nobodies offering biased, uninformed opinions and it gives my profession a bad name.

There's a lot of great sports writing out there. You just need to know where to look.

So Minnesota want to lose spectacularly instead of with some dignity? Bold move.

Favre may be way out of his prime, but he still is better than any other Vikings QB on the roster and it could help their pass offense. Stack eight in the box, Favre goes deep for Percy. Don't stack eight in the box, All Day will crush you. Wouldn't be that bad of a move to bring Favre to the Vikings ..

.. but I definitely won't watch the NFL Network or ESPN if he does happen.

Well if you believe him, Favre says that he's going to stay retired according to ESPN.com.

The curious case of Brett Favre's will-he-or-won't-he flirtation with the Minnesota Vikings may be nearing an end.

And, according to one report, he won't.

Favre, 39, told Vikings coach Brad Childress he will remain retired, a source close to the team told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday. The Yahoo! report said that Favre told Childress of his decision in a phone call, and that he could "publicly explain his decision soon."

Vikings officials declined comment to The Associated Press. Favre's agent, Bus Cook, did not return repeated phone calls.

The Minneapolis Star Tribune reported that Childress left town Wednesday night on a commercial flight and was scheduled to meet with Favre sometime Thursday at the player's home in Hattiesburg.

However, Thursday morning, KMSP-TV in Minneapolis aired video showing a man appearing to be Childress entering Vikings headquarters.

Childress and the Vikings wanted to gauge Favre's level of interest in returning to the NFL to play for the Vikings. The future Hall of Famer quit football a second time after leading the New York Jets to a 9-7 record last season. Favre was hampered late in the year by a torn biceps in his throwing arm.

Favre wanted to play for the Vikings last season, but the Green Bay Packers specifically eliminated their NFC North rivals as a destination when they negotiated the trade that sent Favre to the Jets last August.

Although Favre said he would not return next season, the Jets released him after drafting Mark Sanchez in the first round. Favre could see the Vikings as the opportunity to fulfill the goal he was deprived of last season -- winning a Super Bowl.

The Vikings have Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels to compete for the starting quarterback position in training camp.

With Jackson battling injuries last season, journeyman Gus Frerotte started 11 games and led the Vikings in passing.

Minnesota finished 10-6 to capture the NFC North but lost to the Philadelphia Eagles in the first round of the playoffs in a game started by Jackson.

Edited by Livid

What happened to Favre will stay retired? Dude retracts everything he says.

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Is Brett Favre healthy and hungry enough to end his retirement again? And how badly do the Minnesota Vikings want him?

The questions and confusion continued Friday.

ESPN, again citing unnamed sources, reported X-rays of Favre's injured right shoulder have been sent to the Vikings for evaluation. The network said Favre will play for Minnesota if it's determined he doesn't need major surgery. If he does, according to the source, he'll stay retired.

But Favre's agent, Bus Cook, told a different ESPN reporter he was unaware of any X-rays being sent to the team. Cook reiterated that the famously fickle quarterback has not told him he wants to come back for a 19th NFL season.

"Brett would have to be mentally ready to go play, physically ready to go play, and want to go play," Cook told the network, "and I'm not sure all three of those things are there right now."

Cook is the only central figure in the story who has actually spoken on the record this week. He did not return phone calls Friday from The Associated Press.

Vikings officials were unavailable for comment and have yet to address the drama since Childress acknowledged last week it was likely the team would assess its interest in signing the man who owns most of the league's major passing records. Favre became a free agent last month when, upon his request, he was formally released from the reserve-retired list by the Jets.

Favre declared his playing days over in February after one season with New York, where he went after forcing a trade from Green Bay when the Packers told him last July it was too late to come back for another year. He'd first retired earlier in 2008.

His health appears to be at the crux of this latest drama -- if, indeed, Favre has any interest in returning to the NFL. Considering all the conflicting and inaccurate reports of the last few days, no one can be certain of that.

Favre's torn biceps tendon has caused pain in his shoulder, part of the reason he struggled down the stretch last season while the Jets missed the playoffs. He threw nine interceptions over the last five games and needed a cortisone injection after one of them. New York went from 8-3 to 9-7.

I would state this is false because Bus Cook said otherwise, but Bus Cook is the most unaware, confused, and non-informed person on the planet. He never knows what Brett is doing, can't confirm anything, has no idea where he is walking, is unsure if he has insurance, cant remember if he needs pants, and frequently urinates himself because his bladder is staying retired.

Favre time is awesome.