Guess The Lyrics Game

Farmer Reil

11 is Rush, I thought it was earlier, and your clue would agree with that, but I have no idea what the song is because I don't listen to them <_<

Edit: And I really think you should give us a bit more than "Run... hide" <_<

1. Well you should, they are awesome. But yeah, it's a Rush song.

2. "All that was sacred to us"

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, I've just googled 13, I'd have never got that. Won't google the Rush one, but can I phone a friend? :shifty:

Sure, why not. Sooner I clear this list sooner I can post a better one. :shifty:

1. The sun is sleeping quietly, once upon a century.

- Nightwish - Sleeping Sun

4. Come wind come snow come winter land, I have resigned myself to death.

- Kamelot - The Black Halo :P

11. Don't remember where I was, I realised life was a game

- Megadeth - A Tout Le Monde

Nice. Very nice. I was wondering if anyone else would get the Kamelot one but I knew you'd get it. :P

Updated list below:

1. The sun is sleeping quietly, once upon a century. Nightwish - Sleeping Sun, Reily

2. Had my work cut out for me, because I've lived so selfishly, it hurts now looking back.

3. It feels so dangerous, I don't know where you are.

4. Come wind come snow come winter land, I have resigned myself to death. Kamelot - The Black Halo, Reily

5. Only knowledge will I save, to the game you stay a slave. Metallica - Wherever I May Roam, Footjob Fever (cbf fixing this if it's already been figured out)

6. Ladies and gentlemen please, would you bring your attention to me. Saliva - Ladies and Gentlemen, TheRossWalker

7. Throw away the radio, suitcase, keeps you awake.

8. You've got a perfect girl, and it's a perfect world.

9. Whispering my goodbyes, waiting for the train, I was dancing with my baby in summer rain.

10. I need you to feel exactly like I do inside, but I feel so alone, again.

11. Don't remember where I was, I realised life was a game. Megadeth - A Tout Le Monde, Reily

12. The girl in the chair with the long golden hair, well that used to be me. Delta Goodrem - Mistaken Identity, ToffeeFan2k8

13. On the ground I lay, motionless in pain, I can see my life flashing before my eyes. Three Days Grace - Time of Dying, ToffeeFan2k8

14. It's not supposed to hurt this much, but it can never feel the same again. Sevendust - Honesty, ToffeeFan2k8

15. Told her all I'll ever want and all I'll ever need, is just enough to make me real.

Edited by DoubleX

9. Dad, I hate to tell you, sometimes I wanna slap you in the face, but dad I've gotta tell you, if you were gone I'd miss you from this place.

Number nine has the title in the song lyrics and is by the band who covered a famous German song.

Goldfinger - Dad.

Would never have gotten it without the clues though :P

Edited by Farmer Reil

1. She set up for this Monday, I never know I've got, i tell all my friends, this mother and her dog

2. I stand at your gate, and the song that I sing is of moonlight. I stand and I wait.

3. I'm thinking of, thanking all the fucked people, thanking all the shit I love, they are all the things I've made.

4. The sun rise fills your eyes, cannot hear your cries, pleading please just go away - MADAM ME - ALKALINE TRIO (YI)

5. Seize the day or die of regretting the time you lost, it's empty and cold without you here (<_<) SEIZE THE DAY - AVENGED SEVENFOLD (Nerf)

6. Visting is pretty, visiting is good, seems all they ever wanted was a brother THIS IS A CALL - FOO FIGHTERS (TSSTB)

7. Do you have the time to listen to me whine about nothing and everything all at once? BASKET CASE - GREEN DAY (rvdwannabe)

8. Oh-oh-oh-oh, Little China Girl (<_<) CHINA GIRL - DAVID BOWIE (TheRossWalker)

9. Dad, I hate to tell you, sometimes I wanna slap you in the face, but dad I've gotta tell you, if you were gone I'd miss you from this place. DAD - GOLDFINGER (Reily)

10. The rain is here, and you my dear, are still my friend, it's true the two of us are back as one again. UP IN ARMS - FOO FIGHTERS (rvdwannabe)

11: One baby to another says I'm lucky to have met you, I don't care what you think unless it's about me. DRAIN YOU - NIRVANA (rvdwannabe)

12: Lovely, is the feeling now, fever, temperatures risin now.

13: Come to decide that the things that I tried were in my life just to get high on SNOW (HEY OH) - RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS (Nerf)

14: Dude, I totally miss you, I really fucking miss you, I'm all alone all the time DUDE, I TOTALLY MISS YOU - TENACIOUS D (TheRossWalker)

15: Dark desires of the cynic queen, laughter echoes her name, he feels his breath decay DRESSED TO KILL - SYMPHONY X (Farmer Reil)

Number one is the Nirvana demo that has different words to the released version, the opening lyrics to the released version are "I am my own parasite, I don't need a host to live. We feed off of each other, we can share our endorphins".

Number two is a Frank Sinatra cover of a song composed by Glenn Miller with lyrics by Mitchell Parish.

Number three is another term for "Fantasy" by a band on GH:WT.

Number twelve has just announced a new world tour.

I reckon my list needs some serious clue-age too :P

#2 - Still enough, although I know you're not begging. Still as the thoughts running through your mind

#3 - Once when we were returning from a battle, we got lost in a lonely forest. In the middle of the woods we saw an old house, with tired minds we knocked the door very loudly.

#5 - Growing up with the wild bears, breathing the smell of burning wood. Rain and clouds my only friends, sun and moon and stars and light

#6 - Giants of stone build up my desire, no one could tell us the secret of fire. The hunger for wisdom deep in your heart, you can't accept that you're living apart

#7 - As I walk through the blackened forest, thoughts of hate and anger fill my soul. The charred remains of the holy rollers, scream repentance though it's far too late

#10 - With sense of irony everyone you see is chasing their illusion, take a dive or sink or swim but in the end you're in the same pollution

#11 - Murder at your every foot step, a child's toy - sudden death. Sniper blazes you through your knees, falling down can you feel the heat. Burn!

#13 - Born of blood, mysterious. Fire and steel, their loves. Land and kin, is everything. Their only god is war.

#2 is on the second album of a well known metal act. Is a very difficult lyric though, so I'll give you some more:

Still enough,

Although I know you're not begging,

Still as the thoughts running through your mind.

Still enough,

Although I know you're not begging,

Give me a reason, to maaaake yoooou miiiiiiiiiiiine!

#3 is a Finnish folk/viking metal band, but quite a prominent one. If you don't know it, you won't know it. But if you do, it should be obvious. Can't really give much more than that... WfS should know it, as he specifically mentions it in the Metal Thread. I'm sure the band has some other fans on EWB too.

#5 is more obscure. Finnish folk metal. Some people will have heard of the band, via EWB if nowhere else, but the song itself is so obscure most fans will probably not know it... It also doesn't help that the title isn't in the lyrics at all.

Growing up with the wild bears

Breathing the smell of burning wood

Rain and clouds my only friends

Sun and moon and stars and light

Now it’s time of a midnight sun

The eternal light and a breathing night

Call the gods with bones and drum

Join the shaman’s magic

Flames are dancing in the night

The shadows seem to be alive

The forest is calling my name

Flames are fading in the dawn

The spirits are back to their world

I’ve seen the future and it’s good.

That's the entire song. Sorry. :shifty:

#6 is a German power metal band that I'm in love with. Don't really expect anyone to get that, maybe lari as it's on an older album. On of my favourite songs by them, but that won't help much.

#7, though it sounds folk metalish, really really isn't. Most will know the band, but again it's not their most popular song...

I fight back the laughter at what I see,

The suffering healers false destined prophecy,

He didn't think yesterday of the end of his life,

The brainwashed fools born again of a thousand lies

Any help?

#10 is a solo single by the vocalist involved with #8. Should be a 'if you know the song it's easy' type of lyric.

The artist for #11 has been guessed already, and as for the song... if it was an 'intros' round rather than an opening lyrics round, it would DEFINITELY have been guessed.

#13 is pretty much up to W-f-S :shifty: It's my favourite song from one of the artists on his list.

Edited by Farmer Reil

10 sounds like a Bruce Dickinson song from the description - but all I know of his that well is Tears of the Dragon, which that isn't.

Is 5 a Korpiklaani song?

6 - Is it an Edguy track?

FUCK! 14 is Amon Amarth! Twilight of the Thunder God! :D :D :D :D :D :D

1. The avalanche we start towards

2. We chase misprinted lies Alice In Chains 'Nutshell' TMW

3. Dead, I am the one, exterminating son Rob Zombie 'Dragula' fr34k

4. One devotion to an empty moment Finch 'Awake' YI

5. I was a little too tall, could’ve used a few pounds

6. You close your eyes, and leave me naked by your side

7. I don’t want to see you waiting, I’ve already gone too far away

8. Readying to bury your father and your mother REM 'Sweetness Follows' YI

9. Went to a party, I danced all night Dead Kennedys 'Too Drunk To Fuck' Lint6

10. Gotta’ find a way to grieve without my head sticking into my heart

11. They move too fast to be words behind your teeth

12. Park the car at the side of the road

13. I’m the best you ever had

14. Landing on a runway in Chicago and I’m drowning all my dreams Fall Out Boy 'Homesick At Space Camp' Lj.

15. I was born in a town where the rivers run free The Gaslight Anthem 'Red At Night' TRW

Here's mine updated. As for some clues:

Number one would be easily got by Ollie. British band, had some success with their debut album, which is what this song is off of. Not a single though. I'll even give you that the song name is in the title, you're just looking for the band >_>

Number five is by an artist who has been covered by Metallica, but not the song that Metallica covered. Probably a little on the hard side.

Number six is probably another kinda hard one. Danish band, who I only really know for this song.

Seven is a naff alternative rock Canadian band who had a little bit of success in the UK riding off the back of Nickelback's success. Their 'big' single.

Ten is one for IAceI. UK alternative band, from Essex iirc.

Eleven I'm surprised no-one has got yet. Summers, Dragsy and Ellis's favourite band, and a song off of their third album.

Twelve is another one I'm surprised someone hasn't got yet. Legendary UK band whose singer has gone on to have a successful solo career, including a new album released about two weeks ago

Thirteen is probably a little difficult. One of my favourite bands twinned with one of my favourite vocalists for an EP whilst the band looked for a vocalist for their second album.

Hints? OK.

1. The sun is sleeping quietly, once upon a century. Nightwish - Sleeping Sun, Reily

2. Had my work cut out for me, because I've lived so selfishly, it hurts now looking back.

3. It feels so dangerous, I don't know where you are.

4. Come wind come snow come winter land, I have resigned myself to death. Kamelot - The Black Halo, Reily

5. Only knowledge will I save, to the game you stay a slave. Metallica - Wherever I May Roam, Footjob Fever (cbf fixing this if it's already been figured out)

6. Ladies and gentlemen please, would you bring your attention to me. Saliva - Ladies and Gentlemen, TheRossWalker

7. Throw away the radio, suitcase, keeps you awake.

8. You've got a perfect girl, and it's a perfect world.

9. Whispering my goodbyes, waiting for the train, I was dancing with my baby in summer rain.

10. I need you to feel exactly like I do inside, but I feel so alone, again.

11. Don't remember where I was, I realised life was a game. Megadeth - A Tout Le Monde, Reily

12. The girl in the chair with the long golden hair, well that used to be me. Delta Goodrem - Mistaken Identity, ToffeeFan2k8

13. On the ground I lay, motionless in pain, I can see my life flashing before my eyes. Three Days Grace - Time of Dying, ToffeeFan2k8

14. It's not supposed to hurt this much, but it can never feel the same again. Sevendust - Honesty, ToffeeFan2k8

15. Told her all I'll ever want and all I'll ever need, is just enough to make me real.

2. I can't think of a decent hint so I'll edit this if I come up with one.

3. A symphonic metal band did this song, with members of two other well known symphonic metal bands doing the vocals.

7. Also can't think of another decent hint. This space for edit.

8. A New Zealand band that changed its name in the wake of 9/11, but have since changed it back.

9. There was a shocking dance-pop-ish cover done of this a few years ago. The original is far superior.

10. Christian rock band that have done at least one WWE PPV theme song.

15. The lead singer is a stand-up comedian, and was also part of the ensemble cast of a somewhat well known Showtime series that aired from 2000 to 2005.

#1 - See me ride out of the sunset on your colour tv screen. - TNT by AC/DC (fr34k)

#2 - I've got that feeling deep inside. - One of a Kind by Breaking Point (Sick N Twisted)

#3 - I was caught, In the middle of a railroad track. - Thunderstruck by AC/DC (fr34k)

#4 - I got my first real six string, Bought it at the five and dime. - Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams (Farmer Reil)

#5 - I got my wind at my back and my foot to the floor. - Runnin' Wild by Airbourne (FlatDoughnut)

#6 - ALL ABOARD! - Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne (-Matt-)

#7 - I'm a sailor peg and I lost my leg. - Shipping up to Boston by Dropkick Murphys (fr34k)

#8 - I'm through with standing in line to clubs I'll never get in. - Rockstar by Nickelback (-Matt-)

#9 - Load up our guns and bring your friends. - Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana (-Matt-)

#10 - Zom zom, Bie bie, Na na, Tion tion. - Kernkraft 400 by Zombie Nation (FlatDoughnut)

#11 - Haha Ha Ha, You don't stop you keep playing.

#12 - Has he lost his mind, Can he see or is he blind? - Black Sabbath by Iron Man (Farmer Reil)

#13 - Getting born in the state of Mississippi. - Dani California by RHCP (-Matt-)

#14 - Its all the same, only the names will change, Everyday it seems were wasting away. - Wanted Dead Or Alive by Bon Jovi (Rabid Wolverine)

#15 - I always thought that I knew, I'd always have the right to. - Is It Any Wonder by Keane (rvdwannabe)

Edited by Sgt. Slogger