UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

I don't know if it affects anything or not, but in the trophy case, when you select the HOF trophy, it says at the bottom, for the Title entry "Light Heavyweight Champion x3" or something to that effect.

I was hoping the submission stuff would work like that, yet so far it seems to work more on stamina. If you're tanked, you've got little chance of surviving a submission. I've kicked the shit out of someone's leg for two rounds and still couldn't tap them out, so I'm not sure how much of a role that part plays. Mostly down to stamina from what I've seen so far.

This. Stamina is the key to submissions, not limb damage or whatever. Strikes to the torso and legs will wear them down and then go for the submission and they'll be too tired to fight out of it.

In my career I submitted Shogun in the first round after rocking him, my 4th submission victory and then I went on to beat Machida by decision. I demolished him with strikes but everytime I took it to the ground he either got out or tried submissions so in the end it went to a decision. Next up: Quick Silver vs. Wanderlai Silva III for the Light Heavyweight Title.

You choose Quick Silver? I thought I'd be the only one who chose that name. Shame there isn't a few more options on that front actually.

Not too surprising, though, considering they'd have to get Buffer and Goldberg to do extra lines for every one of them.

To be fair, I doubt it takes very long to say two words in a variety of different contexts...

I'm assuming it works similar to the Smackdown games ("My God, what a" "<move name"> "there by" "<fighter name!>"). I haven't actually played the game, but that's how sports game commentary has worked for ages. Edit: After watching some demos, it sounds like it they don't mention the fighters name during the fights at all, so it's only the introductions and results they do. So it probably would take a bit more work...

Edited by Farmer Reil

To be fair, I doubt it takes very long to say two words in a variety of different contexts...

I'm assuming it works similar to the Smackdown games ("My God, what a" "<move name"> "there by" "<fighter name!>"). I haven't actually played the game, but that's how sports game commentary has worked for ages. Edit: After watching some demos, it sounds like it they don't mention the fighters name during the fights at all, so it's only the introductions and results they do. So it probably would take a bit more work...

I watched my first UFC show yesterday and it was hilarious to hear the commentator actually say the exact same things as in the game, same tone, everything. Was also pretty cool they talked about the game briefly.

I challenge you to a lagfest Slogger! :D

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Did you let yourself get gassed?

Probably. You know what, fuck it, I'll play with the stamina bar for once.

It really helps. Take a guy like Maia against Silva (Silva has bad/average submission defense, Maia has great submission offense) you will make him tap no probs.

Alright!

First I need to make myself a new CAF, Not of myself for once and just who is going to be reaking havoc on the lightweight division? (He's way too short to be put in at his billed weight)

Yoshihiro "The Buzzsaw" Tajiri :D

I'm still working on the finer details of his face and skills, But if I can get everything close enough, I'd have a ton of fun with him online (presuming people play lightweight online) and off.

I've got him at Kickboxing and Judo right now and have take some points away from other skills to put his kicks offense up to 92.

What do you guys think?

Alright!

First I need to make myself a new CAF, Not of myself for once and just who is going to be reaking havoc on the lightweight division? (He's way too short to be put in at his billed weight)

Yoshihiro "The Buzzsaw" Tajiri :D

I'm still working on the finer details of his face and skills, But if I can get everything close enough, I'd have a ton of fun with him online (presuming people play lightweight online) and off.

I've got him at Kickboxing and Judo right now and have take some points away from other skills to put his kicks offense up to 92.

What do you guys think?

That's pretty coo'.

What's the limit for creating fighters and then having them appear on the Exhibition list? And I take it you need to go through career mode first before they go on there?

No, Create A Fighter means you just add someone to the list you can play with in Exhibition, so they can be around mid 80 already. This is just a way too have more options when picking a fighter and it's also a way to not have to go through the hassle of Career mode. If you click Career mode and then you create a fighter, you go through Career first.

Also, I'm pretty sure the limit is 100.

What's the limit for creating fighters and then having them appear on the Exhibition list? And I take it you need to go through career mode first before they go on there?
I'm not sure about straight up CAF, But once you make them in career they go on your exhibition roster, Easy way to get the KO or TKO in under 20 seconds in my view.

Ah nice. I won't get tired of using the current guys, but if I can add more to the Exhibition list without using the career mode, that really is great. So, how many of these guys can I make? I assume there's a limit.

Watch it be three or four now, and my hopes of an unlimited amount/something really good like 50 will be dashed...

No, Create A Fighter means you just add someone to the list you can play with in Exhibition, so they can be around mid 80 already. This is just a way too have more options when picking a fighter and it's also a way to not have to go through the hassle of Career mode. If you click Career mode and then you create a fighter, you go through Career first.

Also, I'm pretty sure the limit is 100.

Which is a LOT.

I've finally managed to get pretty much the full hang of the ground game though and even when I'm down, I'm doing pretty well to stop anything major. One thing, how do you kick the guy away when he's in open guard? I want to pull my legs back and push him away so I can stand up, but it never seems to work any more, unless it's just my guys stats still.

HOW? I've done the tutorials, but I just can't do anything on the ground bar lose inside seconds. Any tips? I didn't think it'd be possible to suck at rotating a stick, but I seem to be managing it. When I go on later, I'm gonna use the practise mode a bit to, well, practise....

Edited by T'Angelo Barksdale

So, last night, went into a fight at 50% stamina, I thought I was screwed, and then...BAM! I get him on the ground, and just hammer him in the face over and over.

I like figuring out how to do that :)